Discuss his body of work

Discuss his body of work

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPP

vaguely neat ideas, poor stylistic and structural execution, total inability to plan/write respectable resolutions

i love the way he writes kids, and treats them like adults. makes his work perfect for teenage boys wanting stuff harder than harry potter, etc.

The Dark Tower is excellent and the closest literature can probably get to the concept of an "event comic with crossovers" like comics do. The movie is going to blow.

Reading one of his books is the literary equivalent of being run over by a van.

The upper echelon of airport novel Americana.

Should be ridiculed for copying the plot of the fucking simpsons movie

What you read after Harry Potter and Cervantes compared to DFW

What about his writing tips?

You think they'll show a pre-teen girl getting fucked by nerds in a sewer in the new movie?

you like it or not, Stephen King is a goddam good writter. He has original ideas and in his books you can find little pearls of wisdom. He will be acknowledged in the future.

The Dark Tower is the best fucking epic novel that you will read if you actually try it. By the way, all his books are related in one way or another with the dark tower.

Stop buly plz...

The writing tips are fine; it's just that for the most part, his stories are shit.

People overlook this as a virtue for King. Most people I knew back in high school loved him, then outgrew him once they went off to college. His books are perfect for introducing new readers to adult literature as a sort of bridge from the popular young adult scene to big boy books.

The Taco Bell of literature.

Competently written signifier of nothing.

faggot detected.

SPBP

Honestly, it seems like this guy writes a lot of good stuff, but he also writes a lot of awful stuff for money.

I think that a book should be pretty good in order to get a movie adaptation by Kubrick. And then, I don't know what is the Dark Tower book story about, but the movie seems autistic by the trailer.

I've only read Skeleton Crew by him, most of it wasn't anything special, but The Jaunt was pretty insane.

Do you think he really needs more money at this point? I think he just enjoys writing crap for writing crap's sake, nothing wrong with that.

>Honestly, it seems like this guy writes a lot of good stuff, but he also writes a lot of awful stuff for money.

This. He writes so much that his is inevitably inconsistent.

He is a decent author of pulp entertainment which is fun to dip in now and then, but his books aren't really worth discussing unless you're specifically interested in talking about modern horror.