What's your great story that you've never written?

What's your great story that you've never written?

Bible

I'm OP. Forgot too mention it at start...

Modern Epic of Gilgamesh in the same vein of Ulysses with The Odyssey

It's about a vicious gang rape from a cricket's perspective

A cricket player or the insect?

my diary

The insect.

why would it be from a cricket player's?

I don't know, I really don't know. It really just took aback and I thought mayb....dude I really don't know.

is there a lot of gang rape in cricket games or something?

Probably.

Maybe from the bat's perspective since it gets held by a lot of people and hit.

DUDE HE JUST DOESNT KNOW OKAY? BACK THE FRIG OFF!

The one where the most alpha dragon hunter gets possesed by the most alpha dragon Lord and goes around killing all the other badass dragon hunters. The horde of dragon minions gets jealous and assume the alpha hunter stole their kings soul to get his new power. They kill the hunters body but the dragon kings spirit. The hunters soul is released and occupies the only vessel strong enough to contain his powers, the dragon kings body. He plays the role becoming the leader of his old enemies.

I wanted to write a story about a dictator who learned the rules of power on his grandmother's farm. I had a set of laws and governmental policies and everything.

In what form? Like what's the basic plot?
>Bloom walks around in Dublin and suspects his wife; also Steven is there

Selected shitposts, by user

an epic poem depicting the Korean War as a Homeric catalog of ships

Lem wrote this in a fake book

the one about the engineer who drives off into the desert in a minibus, starts to freeze to death one night, quickly builds a heating pad with thermocouples to regulate temperature and over the following months adds sensors, motors, computer cores and before you know it he has a robot girl that he first treats as a daughter then he gets horny and fucks it.

Lolita, but with a sheep

50 Shades of Grey, it's an anthology of flash fiction anecdotally espoused at a film being shot in a mortgaged house. It's named after the story written by one of the character's mentors about the ambiguities of historical analysis, particularly the Franz Ferdinand assassination. The well known novel is released before he finishes it, and so it remains an enigma. My story is named after his story. The film crew on set are trying to complete a shot featuring a woman who is cast through a window during a violent conversation with her boyfriend who is the actual actress's boyfriend. The woman wanders the set and listens in on people's conversations, conversations about collective conscious and the blue room, the world's longest street, some Reservoir Dogs-like zany family crises and whatever I feel like, for the duration of the story until she's sent back to finish the piece, but the director decides it'd be better to have her actually pushed through the window. From there it's suppose to turn into something more surreal about the neighborhood, her changing feelings towards the back story of the film and wanting to get out of town and stuff. I simply wait for days until intelligent one-liners come to me and only write that way.

>I simply wait for days until intelligent one-liners come to me and only write that way.
ummm you're either under 18 or LOL

20, now, which blows because when I was 18 I wasn't hit by a car and still had the chance to shock someone with what I could have done but now I'm a cripple and too old or at least compared to other people my age who are in school learning how to not sound simultaneously under aged and washed up. Wish I knew specifically what you meant though.

probably nothing better than escapist bohemian fiction in the vein of gerald durrell & Tove Jansson. Reductive, small world view where the necessities of life are easily taken care of and everyone is eccentric because they've been raised by their own families & without a mass homogenizing media & pursued their own interests in their own time. Lots of indications throughout that this lifestyle is one that the ancillary characters were born into by chance (and indications that their bohemian lives fall short of the ideal obtained by the main character) or are achieved through outsized influence wielded by the main character or their guardians.

It would probably be a mix of "My Family & Other Animals" and "Walden Two," exploring the effect that this sort of upbringing has on a person, and acting as a guide for rearing children to be better people. Direct rejection of technology and emphasis on the importance of freedom and a multitude of unsupervised & unscripted interpersonal interactions at a young age.

More of a personal thought experiment than a true "great story;" establishing a mental town with its own sense of place, peopling it & contrasting it with the outside world. Letting me work through my own questing for "the good life" and contrast the image in my head with the imminent reality of my outside world.

Another apt comparison/related concept might be telling the story of huck finn in the context of modern america; not necessarily in a single grand sweeping narrative but akin to "the lost books of the odyssey"

I'd like to stringently deny the claim that I persist in a state of arrested development; I assure you that my interest in childhood and growing up is not because I lacked one and have not, but because I am interested in the experience of the modern child, and rather than (god forbid) interacting with them to figure out what they're experiencing, I'd like to write my own narrative, so I can then prescibe them panaceas that only apply in the ill-thought-out logic of my own writings. It's for the children, you see.

I'm writing it.

God, I'm really very sorry to hear that. I hope you still have your independence.

If you haven't, I suggest that you don't read "Two arms, one head" 2arms1head.com

>India
yes.
Also, there is a vicious rape everytime Australia play new zealand

>Nobel Literature Prize is mine, you faggots.
Check out this idea for the plot:
Rabbi mutters a prophecy. Yakuza is having a child slave camp on the other side of the moon. Somone has to become a eunuch to save his friend.

I wanted to write this whole old western-fantasy epic. It's about this "Sheriff" who in this world is raised from infanthood to be this perfect instrument of the law. He's sort of a gun-slinging monk, which yeah, sounds kinda dumb, but I really like it. Anyway, it's about him, and his desire to fulfill his duties, but at the same time, longs for individuality. The system isn't malevolent, however, which I also find very important. Despite the rules against say, marriage, it isn't arbitrary, it's so the highest law remains impartial at all times. It's... kind of weird.

The whole point of the story is his reconciling duty and self with another in a way that allows him to find happiness. It's not earth, so the whole story is probably more optimistic than warranted, but I have this huge scope planned out.

I drew maps, made character sheets, wrote formation mythology, general mythology, god characters, religion, spin off religions, natural phenomenon, looked up gravitational effects off bigger planets, technological history and differences, fucking ocean currents, trade routes, cities, timelines and general history- fucking everything. I went full autismo- the book just... never happened.

Maybe some day...

>I drew maps, made character sheets, wrote formation mythology, general mythology, god characters, religion, spin off religions, natural phenomenon, looked up gravitational effects off bigger planets, technological history and differences, fucking ocean currents, trade routes, cities, timelines and general history- fucking everything.
There's where you went wrong. Worldbuilding is mostly masturbation. Write a story first, then build the world around it. You can still change bits to fit the lore, just get the story done first.

sounds reasonable. It was just so much fun.

mine's about a futuristic amusement park where dinosaurs are brought to life using advanced cloning techniques! I call it 'Billy and the clonasaurus'.!

Nothing wrong with doing it for the fun of it, it's just a bad way to proceed if your goal is writing a novel.