There are more woman than men in the world

>There are more woman than men in the world

What did Joyce mean by this?

That men are superior to women in every way conceivable. He's basically saying: Women are an embarrassment because they outnumber men yet they are incapable of competing with men.

Joyce was based.

No, he means women outlive men in most aspects, and why can't be have more? as in marry them.

I guess it means that many men are not true men and are too feminine to be called men. Hence more women are here than men.

Nigga provide more context.

>woman
Did he actually write "woman" or is this your error?

he means that women tend to outlive men

WWI killed a lot more dudes.

the context is a woman who has outlived her husband, a common event

Getting a wife after WW1 must have been easy

/thread

I need context to be sure. But my guess is that he's using it in the same way you call a man a girl if he's being cowardly or unmanly.

>After the war there were about 40% fewer single French men for every unmarried woman, compared to before
Holy shit.

n=women > n=men

He was referring to the fact that the male-female ratio tends to be round 52-48.

I think he meant that there are more women than men in the world

And even then, men are disposable. We are fucked in disposition

This.
Surface level

Yeah, that's what happens when you fight fratricidal wars for jews.

He meant that all women are women and some men are also women.

Fun fact: The birth ratio is actually higher for men than women.

where's ur sauce? why should y pass more often than x?

Not him but I'm pretty sure it's true, though in a deceptive or immaterial sense. I saw the same thing stated before being debunked recently but can't remember the details.

Y is passed on more often as nature takes risks with the male species. By the time both sexes reach sexual maturity then the gap has closed due to the risky traits and behaviour of the male.

It's actually another famous Joycean typo which hasn't yet been corrected in any published edition. It's meant to say "There are more Women and Men in the world." Joyce was sending a preemptive message of comfort to McElroy shitposters.