Any good books with the main characters being narcissists or psychos ?

any good books with the main characters being narcissists or psychos ?
con artists are a plus.

Highsmith's Ripley novels.

Makes The Underground Man seem charming.

American Psycho is the holy grail of this.

Shakespeare Richard III
Marlowe Jew of Malta

Filth by Irvine Welsh

It's about a narcissistic cop in Scotland. Excellent read, though you'll have to get used to Welsh's writing style and use of phonetic Scottish dialogue.

Richard III
American Psycho
The Secret History

The Bible

confederacy of dunces

it explains mlady, fedoras, pol and the like, a visionary feat.

I was going to say.

On that note, does anyone sometimes wonder just how BEE managed to shit out American Psycho? All his other works are mediocre at best, but American Psycho is unironically a masterpiece. It's the "voice of a generation" for Ellis' generation, and nothing else comes close. Is it just that every writer, even a shitty one, has at least one truly great novel in them?

Harry, A History by Melissa Anelli

This lad gits it. Filth is truly a fucken beast eh a novul pal. The protagonist is a proper weapon. Amagine begsbie but with a badge. Utter mental Ken?

UNDERRATED POST

can I just say "AHAHAHA" to having Ariel Pink as the post image. I see him around in LA a lot, he's a manlet with a hardcore Napoleon complex. Great music, tho.

Broken Empire series. It's fantasy though

I USED TO DREAM, DREAM AWAAAAY

He's a character. Used to be in a Buddhist monastery.

> Narcissist
A Confederacy of Dunces

> Psycho
American Psycho
Child of God

>Con Artists
A Perfect Spy (see also narcissist)
Dead Souls (it's old and Russian, so depends on how you feel about that)

tartuffe by moliere

My Twisted World
unironically

catcher in the rye

>con artists are a plus.

Confessions of Felix Krull

hahahahaha

>Used to be in a Buddhist monastery.
What?

I was in a Ariel Pink show at my hometown once and he went completely mental he started screaming at people and kicking them with his high heels. A fair amount of people left at the middle but just because he sucked at that show.

Highsmith wrote many more novels than just the Ripley ones. Definitely a good place to start. But then there's The Confidence Man by Herman Melville.

Not really, though. Maybe it's just a preference, but I don't think his caricature of a narcissus, or con man are to be taken as reality. The idea that this is the "holy grail" is just a stereotyping of a character that in life will have much more complexity, more subtle attributes, and more room for compassion than a morally simplistic reader would like to give.

I feel like I shouldn't say this, but The Brother's Karamazov by Doskey.

Why all those fucking clippings Ivan? Why?

A weird homo who is mentally ill? Who could have imagined that.

>he went completely mental he started screaming at people and kicking them with his high heels.

serves you right for being at an "ariel pink" show in the first place.

If you enjoy his music, do yourself a favor and don't see him live.

Sorry, got it wrong. He was in a Hindu ashram. Just Google "Ariel Pink Hindu ashram" and you'll find some articles that mention it.