Who is the last living WoC author you've read?

Who is the last living WoC author you've read?

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/11/why-is-hillary-clinton-so-widely-loved/506402/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>fewer.jpg

kek'd

I don't even know what gender my authors are.
I don't want to say something as obnoxious as "I don't see color" or some shit, but goddamn, books are really THE medium were gender and ethnicity don't matter. The quality of the work is literally in your hand to see. You could print a book without author or title and it wouldn't change my enjoyment (or lack thereof) of the book at all.

i probably have far better taste in female writers than that stupid middlebrow bitch in OPs pic but this post is total reductionist horseshit.

>I don't even know what gender my authors are.

lmao yeh okay m8 sure thing.

Toni Morrison. Can't name any other ones.

reading any living authors is pleb shit for posers

Nella Larsen, I had to read "Passing" for an introductory literary criticism class that I had to take.

Missed "living" in the OP, whoops. Never read a living WoC

>women authors

Marjane Satrapi and Zadie Smith

Instead of getting defensive with muh feminism, you should actually try reading some. Will give you new perspectives on things, and means you can talk to women without coming across like a colossal dick.

>zadie smith

your taste in female writers is shit. get off my lawn.

>and means you can talk to women without coming across like a colossal dick

To what end?

Never said she was any good, just that I'd read her.
I read a decent amount of female authors, but OP's request was fairly specific.

so you recommend that men wade through female writers that you yourself don't even consider good just so they don't come across like a "colossal dick" to dumb pleb women who like them? kindly stop this nu-male retardation.

When did I recommend her?
OP said name the last living female PoC writer you read, and I did.

If your reading comprehension is that piss poor you need to pick a new board.

yeah this thread sure is hard to parse i dunno if i can make it brahhs i betta go..

the point is that you're recommending shit that you personally don't even think is good you fuckin idiot.

I'm not recommending shit, I'm recommending reading women authors. Not all women authors are shit.

This is the exact attitude I was critiquing.

>when women make the mistake of including "straight" in their list of bad attributes and you're still allowed to read Thomas Mann, Auden, Byron, etc
heh

>I'm not recommending shit
lol are you delusional?

>Marjane Satrapi and Zadie Smith
>Instead of getting defensive with muh feminism, you should actually try reading some.

how does this not read as a recommendation to check out zadie smith again?

"Reading some" being a reference to feminist/ female writing. Doesn't have to be Zadie Smith.

Although I will say that a mediocre Zadie Smith novel is more relevant to modern life than something like Moby Dick is, as great as Melville is. Just saying it's important to have a rounded reading history. Not sure why this triggers you so much.

>"Reading some" being a reference to feminist/ female writing. Doesn't have to be Zadie Smith.

lmao enough of this you fucking flaky nu-male faggot. you time waste by recommending writers whose work you don't even consider good because you don't want to seem le insensitive.

i don't even have any blanket ire for feminist works, that isn't what i'm annoyed at. i'm annoyed at user like you who feel the need to prop up shit that you barely even rate in the name of good boy diversity points. just put forward work that you personally stand by.

because the op asked the last colored woman he read and he answered

>Although I will say that a mediocre Zadie Smith novel is more relevant to modern life than something like Moby Dick is, as great as Melville is.
That says more about the poor state of modern life than anything else.

it says more about the poor state of his literary taste than anything else.

Tsitsi Dangarembga

I actually think White Teeth was a pretty decent novel. The structure was off, and it petered out into a bad ending, but considering she wrote it at 25 I'd say it's a damn sight better than anything that this board has ever produced.

She accurately captures the London diaspora across three generations and created some very realistic characters. Provided an insight into a community that, as a white guy, I've only encountered from the outside.

Yeah, guy, you really are the epitome of a sad Britcuck. The capitol of your once-great empire is being occupied by third world savages who are raping your women at alarming rates and you're pretending to have in interest in their subhuman monkey see, monkey do culture for goodboy diversity points. Fucking pathetic, dude.

Nah, you're advocating for pure reductionist horseshit

Ahhh, I see. In that case, what I meant to say was "fuck off back to /pol/"

Never posted there, you pathetic numale. You represent the failure of English man. Do you see that when you put your jigaboo fiction down and look in the mirror? You should. Be a man.

>Read less straight white men
>Instead of read more anything else

Octavia butler when she was alive probably. ... some of jemison and that ilk because it was free in the hugo packet, but mostly that was a "lol didn't read" endeavor

>reading living authors
why? you just have to pay them, when all the rest are fair game to be pirated. maybe they'll wind up good dead authors if we starve them.

Fuck you

I don't think I ever read anything by nonwhites. Life is too shorts for mediocre whiny literature.

this, holy shit why does it have to be negative. why not open myself up to everything instead of shutting out what's politically incorrect

She's still alive?

This is great. Who else gets by? There are so many gaybois in the canon

>Shakespeare
>Kafka
>Whitman

>he thinks any authors ever were straight

Yeah I've asked a few """progressive""" friends why it isn't literally racist and sexist to factor in race and sex of an author when choosing books to read, and they never have real answers for me.

Get back on your meds faggot

Try Borges

But user I can't relate to anything else

all great geniuses throughout history have been bisexual

I read a YA fantasy book from some African woman. It was a decent time waster, had some cool African magic stuff going on. I don't remember the name though.

Not even Dumas?

>more relevant to modern life
how to spot a pleb

Suzan-Lori Parks. Her plays are pretty cool.

no discernible plot. protagonist is an obvious author self insert. about half the book is comprised of literal tumblr posts about microaggressions

There's no such thing as a bisexual. "Bisexual" men are gay, and "bisexual" women are straight.

None. I've never read any, and that is why I am the true patrician.

The rest of you you...indelibly marred unwashed masses. I'd weep for you were it not such a waste.

Where do I even find a translation of the Mahabharata

heck

>Complaining about author's self insert
>Book literally about author's experience with race

nice

The person who wrote this is obviously a brilliant political thinker.

>theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/11/why-is-hillary-clinton-so-widely-loved/506402/

>I claimed that she is a great political thinker

Why should I read less?

The only time women do anything good outside of raising children (and sex so I don't get any replies calling me a fag) is when you can't tell a woman did it.

>Although I will say that a mediocre Zadie Smith novel is more relevant to modern life than something like Moby Dick is, as great as Melville is.
nu males pls go

Asa Akiira

>a mediocre Zadie Smith novel is more relevant to modern life than something like Moby Dick is
>it's a damn sight better than anything that this board has ever produced.
>Provided an insight into a community that, as a white guy, I've only encountered from the outside.

Congratulations, you're as well adapted to the modern world as a tapeworm is to an intestine.

women and black people are all stupid normies and therefore have a limited understanding of what it means to be human.

holy shiiiiiit HAHHAAHaAA

>Living WoC

I don't think I've ever

I'm sure some random article online I've read was written by one, but an actual book? Never.

Don't think I've ever ready any. Read a few non-white males, but not females.

I've never liked this image. Not because I disagree with the point it's trying to make, but because anyone who honestly thinks reading 4000 pages of Harry Potter is the same as reading 4000 pages of actual, quality literature, is fucking retarded.

she's telling straight white men to read less shitlord

>"bisexual" women are straight.
>this nigga is holding out hope HD/Woolf/Highsmith/Sand will fuck him
it's a bit late even if she weren't gay, whichever waifu you're doing this for

Arundhati Roy

Reading Ministry of Utmost Happiness right now. Say what you will, bitch can write.

>reading authors who aren't dead

There was this guy on here, called capsguy (because he always wrote in all caps) who refused to read anything published after 1950. That was his way of filtering out junk.

>implying i actually want to talk to women without coming across like a colossal dick
you don't need to have a nu-male mentality to love or fuck quality women

she's telling people to read white men who are less than straight
which means she thinks homosexuals are below heterosexuals
which is problematic as fuck

Hayashida Q. Unironically the best seinen mangaka.

Toni Morrison.

Had to read Beloved for a Civil War Literature course that was, with the sole exception of Cold Mountain, focused entirely around minority literature. Even the discussion of Cold Mountain was largely focused on shit like toxic masculinity. As a STEM major, I hadn't ever actually encountered leftist indoctrination in uni until that point.

Beloved was pretty good, though. Sure as shit better than Fire on the Mountain and All Other Nights.

>Dorohedoro is by a woman
Would not have expected that.

this

very interesting

Where's the comma?

Rupi Kaur here on Veeky Forums

I personally think Song of Solomon is her best work, so you should check that out

Toni Morrison is a massive troll and a closet reactionary. Everything she ever wrote is a rant against giving crazy women 'rights'.

Nice try but Schopenhauer was a huge faggot.

>tfw I can still Borges, Bolaño, GGM, Paz, Cortázar, Pessoa, Vargas Llosa, Bioy Casares, De Assis, Mishima, Kawabata, Akutagawa, Abe, Murakami, Murakami (Ryu), Tanazaki, Soseki, and others

And I could still read non-straight white males

Bisexual men are bisexual

Bisexual women are straight attention seekers

>you can talk to women without coming across like a colossal dick.

Luckily I can do this without reading shitty non-straight-white-male authors.

>Song of Solomon

Reads like a parody. I didn't know whether it was supposed to be funny or serious, every page.

pederasts*

It's ok user, you still have time to swallow the final pill.

you can recognize strong and empowered women by how frequently they hype themselves up

Penguin's got a good one. you can forgive the thousand page abridgment because literally nobody reads it unabridged.

>abridged

Just read Mishima and watch them squirm when they hear all that veneration of masculinity, nationalism and violent self sacrifice is from a gay Asian manlet

>"Dumas was black, Tarantino said so" mem

I skimmed some of this specimen's new memoir, Hunger, at the library. She basically blames her monstrous size on having been raped as a teen, then complains for a while about how difficult it is to be fat in the world (you know, the stigma, having only reasonably sized chairs and airplane seats, getting lectured by her doctors about her size). She dismisses exercise and the fit person's "gaze." She admits that diet and exercise are the only way to go, but refuses to do so because...it would make her sadder? Than being massively overweight?

>he thinks it's from tarantino
when will /tv/ leave? they're bigger faggots than a dumas fils book has

kek

that sounds madder than hamsun's hunger. kind of tempted to read.

>this thread
why do you hate women and minorities so much?

we don't, user. we hate living people.

the fact threads like this always get such horribly racist and misogynistic reactions PROVES why such performative displays of not reading white male authors are still needed. the fact the most comfortable members of our society ie. straight white MEN, still get so enraged by a completely voluntary choice that does not pertain to them at all proves reading only women/POC/Queers pledges are still a highly radical act.