Theres an exhibition here at the institute of art in chicago and it says that pic related is the new canon...

theres an exhibition here at the institute of art in chicago and it says that pic related is the new canon. it surprised me just how much it's changed since harold bloom wrote that book. srsly have a lot of catching up to do!

Other urls found in this thread:

artic.edu/exhibition/cauleen-smith-human30-reading-list
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Huh, I never knew Alice Coltrane wrote a book, is it any good?

I need to stop coming here. I legitimately get angry and feel my face scrunch in disgust and fear for my child's future. Every day I hope that the arts just get ignored by women and niggers but and hope my son will be fortunate enough to go to a private school.

This is unironically the end of the author and the death of the book.

>it says that irĂ¡
It isnt. case closed.

its that simple

isn't it franTz fanon?

hmm it seems like you should actually read a book

Why the black fetish? Don't they realize that is rascist? They should be judged by their work, not because they are black

>starts with chinua achebe
>ends with virginia woolf
>nothing but unadulterated cucked crap in-between
Give me a break nigger.

bitch is so poorly read

The Undercommons is pretty solid reading, especially if you have any aspiration of working in academia.

There's plenty of stodgy white guys on the list too, like Jameson and Barthes.

I'd say the whole idea of having any canon nowadays is pretty silly, but this seems like a worthwhile reading list, I'd just also read other things too.

100% written by a white or white-but-actually-I'm-like-2%-azerbaijani-so-I'm-also-oppressed coalburner.

>darkies and women: the canon

No thanks

>There's plenty of stodgy white guys on the list too, like Jameson and Barthes.
One is a Marxist and the other is a homosexual. Intersectional Pokemon points affirmed!

FUCKING LEFTIES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Young British and Black
what a shit title for a novel desu

reddit

Either private school or hope that this accelerates fast enough to break soon.

I know how you feel, though. the upside is that it makes living the Veeky Forums lifestyle in isolation easier.

A canon of writers selected purely because of their skin and sex organs.

This is how meritocratic ideas die.

>theres an exhibition here at the institute of art in chicago and it says that pic related is the new canon.

no, it's insisting that. trying to assert that. not that it is.

some of those I would say are pretty influential on the twitter / tumblr left though.

love this list

Citation needed. This is just a picture of a list.

Humans are on version 3.0 now?

Anybody here use graph paper for their writing? It's kinda nice desu.

>Citation needed. This is just a picture of a list.
artic.edu/exhibition/cauleen-smith-human30-reading-list

It does seem to be a thing, although it is comprised of actual art as well as (probably, I couldn't find any pictures of it) the list in OP's pic.

>I'd say the whole idea of having any canon nowadays is pretty silly
Why?
>nowadays
What has changed? Accessibility?

fucking hell
i hope you're joking about this shit

WE WUZ BOOK WRITERS

But it hasn't changed, has it? This is just some nigger whining. Nobody will change their reading habits because of this.

I don't know many writers on the list.
Is this meaning that I'm a fucking dumb pice of shit or the list, actually, is the piece of shit?

It's a stunt, /pol/. Don't take the bait.

Unless you really want to be angry, I guess. I don't mean to judge, but the way I see it, life's too short to be angry. I do everything I can to avoid agitation.

It's a list of books of interest about or written by people who aren't white men. It's probably a good list, but I can't really comment as I've only read one book on it. Not having read anyone on it doesn't make you a dumb piece of shit though, just ignorant.

people aren't angry because pol, but because of the desecration of art that happens here

Oh, so the list is intended to exlude white men... I didn't know it.
Well, whatever is the objective, I was planning to read Things Fall Apart in the future.

Bullshit. /pol/ has been trying to recruit here for a while now. You're probably one of them, for that matter. I don't particularly care what politics you have, just quit shoving it in my face on the fucking literature board. gb2/pol/.

It doesn't help to be so sanctimonious when confronted with bad ideas. Engage and defeat them.

Don't be absurd. The kind of gesture you see in OP's post is intended to damage people's ability to engage with serious literature. Opposing it is about loving literature and people enough to not to want people to be distracted from their birthright by mendacities.

It's just a list of bad books to avoid. I don't see the problem here.

The list is the piece of shit, it's nigger whining. The inclusion of the Woolf suggests it's a lesbian - she picked Woolf's worst but dykiest book, a classic pleb red flag.