twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

pick up a textbook and read
anyone can do it.
duh.

Did you not go to school?

book/eyes

thinkingasleverage.wordpress.com/book-lists/mortimer-adlers-reading-list/

Don't worry most of it is hardwired anyway

You can regain the neuroplasticity in your brain really reprogram a lot of new skills, and the ability to stay fresh and keep learning and making new connections.

I recommend: listen to a lot of music and if you have an ear, learn music, go on a lot of walks and hikes, read a variety of fiction and nonfiction (just kind of soak things up in any order for now), and stay healthy

I think this is quality advice
There is some evidence that intensive excerise helps a lot too
Though walking and hiking are great for your thoughts, and I prefer it

Meditation would be another thing that can be good but for me personally it does not work

Try counting to 100, each inhale and exhale is one number. Do it deeply and try to hold your breath for a few seconds between each number. You can do it faster too.

>Though walking and hiking are great for your thoughts, and I prefer it

One of the good things about this too is that if you vary where you wander, the visual stimulation that your mind is taking in and responding to is newer and therefore your mind's synapses are darting around in refreshing ways, which I think is a lot of the reason why it feels so healthy and renewing not only to walk around in nature, but to even explore a part of a city or neighborhood you haven't seen before, or in a while.

Try to keep the stimuli in your life as fresh as possible. Like where you see new sights pretty regularly. It's immensely healthy for your mind and creativity.

>You can regain the neuroplasticity in your brain
this is wrong
it declines rapidly after 18 and stays gone forever

not true

basically artists and musicians and people who give their mind a lot of stimulation in novel, more abstract or prelingual ways can maintain a pretty fresh mind.

I'm in my 30s and have continued to reprogram myself over the years. I can soak up new things in a matter of days.

you are in denial of old age and death.

you are a pessimist obsessed with death.

I don't care about it. it will happen when it does. but the body and mind is considerably regenerative while it's alive, and life is full of possibilities, so pessimists and fatalists can go fuck themselves. which is what they do anyways. keep defeating yourself, you fucking faggot. I'll have none of your shit.

Thanks user, I'm going to make an effort to do that. I think you're absolutely right

i just see reality as it really is. everything from recovery times to memory and iq down to neuroplasticity goes down with age, some more rapidly than others.

but don't take my word for it, remember that we live in an incredibly competitive world. how old is the oldest chess champion? how old is the oldest noble prize winner?

Why is this skill needed again?

well, stay "realistically" pessimistic, and lose.

was it autism?

Do you realize that I could force you to work 18 hours everyday at a gunpoint and you would be able to do it, hoping in survival?

just admit it, you are a bitch who is lacking in discipline. It's fine, lots of people mess up with their teenagehood but still, treating it as some sort of uncurable disease will lead you to even more mediocrity. With this mindset, you've already lost whatever race you wanted to take part in.

Godbless you optimistic user in this thread.
You give me hope, and inspire me to improve myself.

That seems almost self-evidently wrong given that there are a ton of people who lost a lot of weight or quit drugs way after 18, not to mention artists who started at over 30.

>never learned to enjoy being a wageslave

>be 18
>been seriously improving myself over the past 2 years
>exercise regularly (cardio, resistance training)
>taught myself how to play the guitar, learned music theory, trained my ears
>started drawing, improved my eye and spatial abilities
>started reading a lot more
>study hard, get fantastic grades now
>eat healthy every day (minimal sugar/junk food and fast food, eat my veggies)
>barely play any videogames
>more disciplined overall

I'm glad I saved myself before it was too late. I used to be frustrated/depressed all the time (mostly because of a terrible environment, getting out of there helped me begin my journey of self improvement). My grades were bad, I wasted too much time on the internet/videogames, I didn't read at all, my knowledge was severely lacking (it's still lacking, but less so), I had zero discipline. The internet is the ultimate resource, I couldn't have gotten where I am now without it.

Psilocybin helps ;)
can not only reprogram your brain, but turn it around and chang the programming languadge