Habits

What were the creative schedules and habits of great writers? I'm curious, let's discuss this. Whatever it is we do, I think we could benefit from taking inspiration from these people.

Other urls found in this thread:

podio.com/site/creative-routines
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Read a lot then write a lot. But read a lot before you write at all.

>>>brainpickings.org

see: podio.com/site/creative-routines

The most common aspect of great writers is having some habit at all; sleeping, waking, and writing at the same time everyday like it were work and a craft instead of random bursts of inspiration and fury. Aside from that, most woke early and wrote early.

>brainpickings.org
...Do you honestly mean that or are you just memeing?

That site is my guilty pleasure

Nothing to feel guilty about, friendo. They have some nice reads.

They certainly didn't browse Veeky Forums or play video games.

They would have.

Spec Ops: The Line should not be considered a worthy successor to Heart of Darkness or Apocalypse Now. The few decent moments that set it apart from other games were interlaced with a ton of bland gameplay. Even its good moments are not as profound, deep, or moving as anything in HoD or AN.

No they wouldn't have.

>people unironically think video games are deeper than literature and film as a medium

I want to light every nu male on fire

I loved spec ops. What are the other ones? I don't recognise those shortcuts.

What the HELL happened to Winston?

>Voltaire
>working in bed
Huh, interesting.

Yes, they would have.

No they wouldn't have. You think Tolstoy would've browsed Veeky Forums? Fuck no.

Mah nigga, Ballsack.

What the fuck do you expect from gaymers? Everything that isn't "shot all the bad guys, shot more bad guys, you are great!" is considered great story telling.

He absolutely would have. Tolstoy was the best at expressing realism in his characters.

Veeky Forums is where dreams go to die. There is no hope for any of us.

>Conrad was trying to say colonialism is bad

There's hope here: Let's think of some good habits for becoming an autodidact or engaging in any other intellectual activity.