Why is this good?

Why is this good?

I enjoyed Blood Meridian, but this feels like a bad shell of that book. Nothing really happens, and we have little to no context of what occurred to cause this post-apocalyptic world.

If McCarthy released a book called Canvas with 300 blank pages people would still stroke him for it...

Help me get the lack of taste out of my mouth lit

The Judge is a symbol of the Devil.
The Boy is a symbol of God.

not a great book but your criticisms are hyperpleb tier

read suttree and put some hair on your chest

I have plenty of issues with this book but it served as an okay intro to McCarthy because I read it when I was like 16. That being said
>nothing really happens
Blatantly untrue
>we have little to no context of what occurred to cause this post-apocalyptic world
Completely irrelevant to any part of the work
Apply yourself

What happen besides the following?

They walk down a road
They look for food
The meet a few other people
Old man dies

Jerk me

You've got to learn to read between the lines yourself and not expect others to think critically for you or else you will always be a pseud.

>reading for plot

You didn't appreciate the gorgeous prose style and bleak descriptions of the world around them? you didn't appreciate the surprisingly well-done characterization of the father and the son? you didn't feel any emotions over their plight? you didn't appreciate the philosophical undertones (which sometimes became quite blatant) about human nature, the intrinsic value or non-value of life and living, about compassion, about violence and about theodicy , looked at from a different although nevertheless very probing angle as in Blood Meridian?

I didn't see anything special in the prose, it was simple and then randomly ostentatious. The characters were flat and I never felt like I knew enough about them to care for them.

I've most likely give Suttree a read but this wasn't even have of what Blood Meridian was.

Blood Meridian is a narrative for those who already are on the Devil's side.
The Road is a narrative that can only appeal to those who have God in their hearts.

>he reads 300 page books because the sentences are pretty

>Why is this good?
Newsflash, it isn't.

What happen besides the following?

He walks through a dark wood
Virgil shows him hell
He daintily mamma-mias his way past a few other people
Everybody's already dead

Jerk me

I remember Blood Meridian and No Country vividly. I forgot all about The Road. Maybe because I was a forgetful youth and only owned the book for a few months before donating it to some chick's senior project about sending books to third world countries to teach english or some such.

I will never take anybody who uses the word gorgeous seriously

From an artistic viewpoint, blood meredian is far better then the road, but the road hit me in the feels harder then any other books so it must have done something right.

This
The Road doesn't even make the McCarthy top 5 but it's the only novel to ever make me cry openly in public and there's something to be said of that

Go fuck yourself.

Jesus fuck it must be shite being you.

The road is not bad. i understand that the minimalism isnt for anybody, but it really compliments the length of the book. just a short meaningful text demonstrating the workings of relationships and the void. Get over yourself user, if you cannot read a book that doesn't fondle your testicles with pretty pictures then go back to reading Game of Thrones.

You won't get it unless you're the father to a son or have a pederast relationship with your younger pupil