What am I in for bros?

What am I in for bros?

Some interesting ideas, but everything in it about earlier prophets is 100% fan fiction bullshit
Sufism is the only acceptable Islam

Desert boogaloo 2: Burkas & Durkas

Cause of the fall of the west

t. retard
The west is destroying itself and it's been a cannibal for at least 100 years now

Whatever you say boss

Memes

John Bagot Glubb

By the looks of it you're in for The Quran, the core religious text of the Muslim Faith. Like The Bible you'll get something that will be more interesting in how it informs various modern day groups than it is as a standalone work, but like The Bible it'll be fascinating in that regard.

>What am I in for bros?
Nothing interesting. Islam is a moronic totalitarian cult, a seventh-century version of scientology.

Ending up on a watch list.

I'm probably already on a watch list for all the loli hentai I've looked up desu

The Spirit of History vocalized

some ideological roots of a horrendous cult

FEAR GOD
SUBMIT
FEAR GOD
SUBMIT
For roughly 400 pages.

Why would you willingly poison yourself with Abrahamic text in 2017

In 100 years it will be viewed as one of the most dominating books of the Western Canon, you should read it for that reason alone, user. Besides it's an interesting book regardless.

"jesus? moses? yeah those dudes were alright, but I'm the LAST word motherfucker"

i mean, any islam is fine as long as you're not a 'lol this is the literal, indisputible word of god'

Wahhabism is bad
But yeah your overall point is usually valid and goes for most religions/sects

Truth.

Nigger that is one of the most reinforced points in Islam
Have you ever read about quranic uncreatedness? The vast majority of Muslims believe the Quran is the actual speech of God

You're right but you basically aren't a """True""" follower of any Abrahamic religion if you don't believe that regarding your text of choice

>roughly 400 pages.

Confirmed for having never read it

The cure is worse than the disease

The Quran/Koran
>Do not trust Christians and Jews
>Death to non-believers
>Sometimes let them live but they must pay non-Muslim Jizyah tax
>Polytheists are worse than slaves
>Polytheists are dirty
>Polytheists are terrible
>Srsly you guys, Polytheists are like totally not cool
>Don't take non-believers (non-Muslims) as allies, even if they're your father or brothers
>Kill those who stray away from Islam
>Fight in the name of Allah
>Go to fight if you are called to fight in the name of Allah
>If you do not fight in the name of Allah when called to do so, you will be "punished with a painful punishment"
>Allah is Merciful
>Allah is Knowing
>Allah is *Insert Compliment Here*
>It's totally cool to beat your wife if she is arrogant but refuses to stop being arrogant after you advise her and shun her from bed
>After your wife stops being an arrogant bitch then stop beating her
>Allah is Merciful and Knowing and shiz
>Menstruation is dirty and you should avoid your wife during it
>Go and impregnate your wife however you like
>Women are beneath men
>Go fight for Allah
>Don't take Christians and Jews as allies
>Polytheists like seriously totally suck
>Do not commit suicide or kill other believers (Muslims)
>Fight for Allah
>Christians and Jews is bad
>Except in like only ONE passage where Christians are ok but seriously Jews are bad
>Christians are bad
>Fight for Allah
>Beat your wife
>If you don't fight for Allah you will be shamed
>Lather, rinse, repeat

Any questions? I seriously have a buttload of passages written down on pieces of paper I never leave home without. It'd be a pain to actually type them out on here, but I have time. They're from the Sahih International version. There's literally only 2 passages that I found to be alright, but the amount of warmongering in general as well as hatred for other religions, it's staggering.

Agreed

fancy toilet paper

I wouldn't say that, there is a difference in the nature of claims made in the Bible and the Quran about their own nature.
The Quran is far more strict about how it should be interpreted, at least until you get into the esoteric layers of understanding bullshit that developed during the middle ages

truth. I guess I just think that the more 'true' followers of any given religion have already missed the point of every religion's point of strengthening the relationship between every person and their own spirituality. Having other peoples' interpretations influence your own basically keeps you from ever actually getting in touch with your god-side or whatever the fuck you wanna call it

Jesus have mercy on us, is this what kids are learning about spirituality these days

Kek.

>I seriously have a buttload of passages written down on pieces of paper I never leave home without.
By any chance, do you have autism?

LOL essentially

Are you sure you're not talking about the bibble?
Pretty sure thats a proverb.

A road trip to Syria.

I was just about to ask...

Riggggght....

So none?

A moronic version of the Bible. So apparently Muhammad was an analphabeth that received the words of god from the angle Gabriel. Someone else then had to write down what he could recall from memory. Now, imagine how disconnected and unorganized those writings would be. The Quran is exactly like that.

read the quran bruh

How to be a faggot 101
INFLUENCE OVER WHAT FAMILIA
INFLUENCE OVER WHAT

Ex muslim here
it's a fine book I guess but it gets kinda repetitive at times, I would suggest you to read Spinoza's Ethica instead

That's what the gospels are too.

pff, i`ve been reading it for a while, pretty nice alegories here and there, some bullshit like a ny other religion book, give it a try, some passages are beautiful, others off course are a fucking shame.

but dude, it`s pretty different if a say in plain english: fear god, beat your wife, kill the infidels, or to say the same things with allegories, thats the fucking point of it, not it`s true value (almost none) , it`s the way the phrases were constructed, if you read it like a literature work you can get valur from it, if you see it only as a believer or non believer off course it would be shitty, i`m atheist btw, but also like to critisize literature.

FUCKING BURN THAT SHIT! PLEASE!!!!

dude, you are the fucking worst reviewer, he is not asking for a syntaxis, the Quran has more value than the moral groundings. If you judge a lit work for itps moral value then a fuckton of great books are "bad" . You people cant understand for shit whats the point of reading.

i wouldn´t suggest read Spinoza`s ethica instead, i mean, spinoza will enrich his/her point of view in moral studies, but, maybe (like in my case) i dind´t read the quran nor the bible for moral guidance, just for it`s value as literature, fiction, call it the way you want.

The quran is like the cheap Chinese knockoff of the bible

>I seriously have a buttload of passages written down on pieces of paper I never leave home without.

Was it the 'Tism?

What do u like about Sufism user?

It's the Godfather 3 of Abrahamic text.

You're such a beta. Islam doesn't care about you, and it's not going to change so that it does.You can complain about Islam all you want, but Islam won't care what you think.

I think his point is religious fundamentalism is bad, Islam fundamentalism is worse Judaism and Christian fundamentalisms combined.

>Allah is the most merciful and forgiving
>You will burn in hell for eternity if you disbelieve
>seriously, I will burn your skin off with hot water, regenerate your skin and then burn it off again for eternity

Expect yourself to make shitty youtube videos and tldr comments on news sites about how you read two phrases and suddenly fell in love with the religion of peace then converted

I swear all western Islam converts are fucked in the head

/thread

I doubt there is many more competent English writers on the subjects of Islam and decline of empires both. Please though, explain how he is a hack.

So you're already a muslim then? Haven't you already read the Quran?

That's metal af.

Okay, okay:

WHAT TRANSLATION SHOULD I READ?
don't gimme that >translations

Thats literally what Islam is

It's what any uncucked religion is.

Some outdated moralisic bull

Pretty much like the Bible

Well my copy is around 400 pages.
Are you including the Hadiths?

Why so many shitty replies? I thought there be /pol/ and /r9k/ siding wih mohamed

it's just basic hermetic gnosticism my guys

/thread

Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture - [fight] until they give the jizyah willingly while they are humbled. (9:29)

Men are in charge of women by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other and what they spend [for maintenance] from their wealth. So righteous women are devoutly obedient, guarding in [the husband's] absence what Allah would have them guard. But those [wives] from whom you fear arrogance - [first] advise them; [then if they persist], forsake them in bed; and [finally], strike them. But if they obey you [once more], seek no means against them. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted and Grand. (4:34)

[As for] the thief, the male and the female, amputate their hands in recompense for what they committed as a deterrent [punishment] from Allah . And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise. (5:38)

The only good thing in this book is the charity.
And it's not a great book, this book is not a incredible literary experience.
(Sorry for bad english)

Sufism is islamic mysticism...

---> into to the trash it goes
reals>feels

Good post actually.

>ignoring Ahmadiyya Muslims and Mu'tazili

Sufis are cool user, but they're an elite group. Ahmadiyya are cool and more accessible.

feels = reals

Pull your tongue out of Muhammad's asshole - talking about the shittiness of a thing is first step in getting rid of/changing said thing

Also, calling someone beta has so many embarrassing connotations, you'd do well to avoid it

Correct

literaIIy reddit: the book

you're in for suicide if it was up to me

>911

The Quran is the central text of the Religion of Peace. In the Quran you will learn the joys of diversity and respecting the opinions of others, so long as those opinions do not espouse hate. Muhammed PBUH was the founder of feminism, and as such your western imperialistic ideas of oppressing and objectifying women will be thoroughly refuted by Allah's divine prophet.

kill yourself

Islamophobe detected. Get an education, bigot.

>detected
No you fucking didn't
get killed you lying nigger :D

Go back to /pol/, jackass.

shut the fuck up cunt islam has to go

dude he's trolling you get a grip

Casual racism is not accepted here, fool.

>muh pisslam is a race
RACE WAR NOW

I've entertained your puerile stupidity enough. Begone.

What I'd like to see is Islam belonging to the past

unless thats in arabic, haram.

what interesting ideas?

the only idea in it is there is no god except allah and all other kinds of monotheism/non monotheistic religions are going to hell.

if you think that's interesting then you're pretty lame

bump

bad

The koran is an impressive collection of text that gives great insight to a time we will never experience again(thankfully). That said, it should never be taken as some kind of history lesson and god forbid a moral compass. It won't change shit about anyone's opinions on mudslimes, they are still shitty barbaric sand rats.

>is the literal word of god
>you're not allowed to dispute a single verse or else you'll get assassinated (true story)

Only Zahiris believe this and they are virtually non-existent. Even Wahhabis do not believe this.