/moldbug/ general

I originally started reading him because I was hoping for some anti enlightenment values, arguments for monarchy and aristocracy. But instead he just seems to be an edgy libertarian.

Also he goes off on rants relating everything to catholics. I understand he is writing a blog and not a research paper but does he have to have so much filler?

Other urls found in this thread:

cato-unbound.org/2009/04/13/peter-thiel/education-libertarian
cato-unbound.org/2009/04/06/patri-friedman/beyond-folk-activism
youtube.com/watch?v=XurWUn5_S_E
reactionaryfuture.wordpress.com/2016/05/12/constitutional-sovcorp-what/
froudesociety.wordpress.com/2016/03/02/hrx-takes-its-exit/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What pieces have you read?

>Also he goes off on rants relating everything to catholics.

I'm a little confused by this wording. Is he pro- or anti-Catholic?

He's neither, OP is just being retarded.

He's a jew, what do you think? There's a reason why the subversive semite Moldbug called what he did "the Cathedral" and not "the Synagogue," which would have been infinitely more apt.

If you're white and wasting your time with nrx, you should stop now. It's loaded with jews and therefore skirts around the truth and the jewish problem. Nrx is dead anyway.

His values aren't Anti-Enlightenment, that's just a meme. If you were to ask him he would probably say it was more "the full" enlightenment or all the good parts that didn't seem to make it out of the era (Enlightened Absolutism, etc.)

As for being an edgy libertarian, he is sorta like that, though he gets less libertarian and more ambiguously conservative/right-wing over time in his writings. He just sees libertarianism as a preferred flavor of good government, not as the only possible way.

>le weak chin le therefore ideas are wrong

Moldbug is a living meme. a greasy libertarian IT guy who shitposts about monarchy in pseudo-victorian, vaguely reddit-like prose. But he has friends on high places, including several CEO's. Peter Thiel's political philosophy owes a lot to moldbug:

cato-unbound.org/2009/04/13/peter-thiel/education-libertarian

Patri Friedman (Milton's edgy ancap grandson) outright namedrops Moldbug in his contribution to the same issue of the CATO shill tank publication.

cato-unbound.org/2009/04/06/patri-friedman/beyond-folk-activism

Why are NRxers so eager to get cucked by autistic bugmen?

>These could theoretically experiment with a wide variety of social and political arrangements, particularly of a libertarian form.

Read: I want to have sex with children

>I was hoping for some anti enlightenment values, arguments for monarchy and aristocracy
>calls someone else edgy

the guy is not that edgy to be perfectly honest. he waxes poetic about the red pill to draw edgelords like you in, but he's too subtle to really hold the interest of the kids. nevertheless he is a certifiable genius, very well-read, well-spoken, and you will learn stuff from him if that's the kind of thing you're after (as opposed to being a work, red-pilled, truth-bombing edgelord or whatever else betas get off to these days).

Children being unable to consent is unscientific.

>tfw all the right people hate my religion

Such a good feeling. God be praised.

he was writing at a time when the overton window had yet to shift yet. nrx wasn't a thing before then. the dog whistles are laughably tame now in comparison.

Can't scold the mold!

he's an atheist kike and these two facts permeate his corpus
there are still valuable takeaways--he laid a solid foundation (that others have done more with, which is why, one must assume, he stopped updating his blog).

more or less use him for recommendations and pilfer his vocabulary, then read either Nick Land or the HRx manifesto depending on your taste (or blackpill yourself and read both)

>Can't Scold the Mold!
>mfw

Can't Shrug the Bug!

> tfw Nrx wasn't just a meme

hello dolly

>Hello Dolly
>This is Louis, Dolly
>It's so nice to have you back where you belong

>You're lookin' swell, Dolly
>I can tell, Dolly
>You're still glowin', you're still crowin', you're still goin' strong

>I feel the room swayin'
>While the band's playin'
>One of our old favorite songs from way back when

>So
>Take her wrap, fellas
>Find her an empty lap, fellas
>Dolly, never go away again

>I feel the room swayin'
>While the band's playin'
>One of our old favorite songs from way back when
>So, golly gee, fellas
>Have a little faith in me, fellas
>Dolly, never go away
>Promise, you'll never go away
>Dolly, never go away again

youtube.com/watch?v=XurWUn5_S_E

one step back...
>the corruption of the catholic church ruined europe!
great schism fucked it all up lads >.>

>the French, in their effort to avoid Le Pen, elected a man who has outed himself as an unironic monarchist

Is there anything funnier in all of global politics today? Even Trump's presidential shitposting doesn't quite top it.

Which one of the Bourbons are they going to install this time?

Macron ran as focus grouped neoliberal non entity #362, but turns out he's completely insane. A bonapartist Nrx Rothschild banker controlled by 900 year old cougar wife.

>calls his movement something as cringy as 'the dark enlightenment'
What the fuck did you expect?

This 21st century looks too much like an A Song of Ice and Fire with republics

I'm going to laugh my ass off if France ends up with an absolutist king because they were scared of a centrist catlady who didn't like Muslims.

Why laugh? That sounds like the best of all possible worlds.

Kingdoms for the Frankish,
Sovcorps for the Anglish,
Fascism for the Teutonics and Italians

bump

Sounds comfy.

Macron represents the return/synthesis of Louis XVI-The Directoire-The Bourbon restoration- the July monarchy-Napoleon III- De Gaulle. It's almost like he's setting himself up to be dethroned by an apocalyptic revolution, the memetic summoning of 1789-1793-1830-1848-1870-1968.

Sovcorp?

France is due for some good violence.

reactionaryfuture.wordpress.com/2016/05/12/constitutional-sovcorp-what/

>HRx
what is this? I tried googling it and I found nothing

Are you 13 years old?

I think he just needs some big guy to tell him the way it is.

Everyone who disagrees with me is a child!
Not an argument.

This type of comment is far and away the worst thing to come of 2016. Eat my asshole faggot.

What are some books that relate to this image? How can I learn enough to make broad statements on history and culture like in this meme?

>2016 in 2017

Just read Hoppe, realize the classical liberal (enlightenment) project is hopeless, but also rationalistic theories of anthropology and justice. Take his analysis of political systems and put it together with classical catholic natural law and you're good to go.

It amazes me that /pol/ STILL hasn't realized Nietzsche is the best anti-Enlightenment/democracy/etc thinker out there.

No, he's a poet and not a systematic thinker, so his critiques can't be objectively persuasive, just emotionally so.

You seem to be suffering from Socratism.

There's no such thing as objectivity, as Nietzsche himself would tell you.

Emotionally persuasive is quite enough.

I think those few /pol/acks who've read Nietzsche are probably inclined to reject him because he doesn't take any prisoners among Conservatism/Reactionaries/Anti-Semites/etc either.

>being this retarded

He's a jew who's natural enemy is the catholic church and traditional hierarchies. These he seeks to destroy through accelerating pure capitalism. Basically, he is the alt-kike.

Exactly

>there's no such thing as objectivity
Here we go again.

There's a difference between pointing out that democracy is bad because it allows for people to vote their interests into each others property, degenerating traditional social norms and natural hierarchies into pure hedonism and disregard for organic societal organizations - Hoppe - and saying that democracy is bad because [insert poetic cultural criticism of modern society and muh ubermensch] - Nietzsche.

People who make memes like this don't know much about history, or they wouldn't be making memes

he looks like the lead singer of a shitty 90s band that nobody has ever heard of

Nietzsche is a fundamentally modern thinker. His attempt to "go back to the beginning" is a quintessentially modern impulse. One ought to note how he denigrates certain traditions that actually are ancient and that have a continuity with the ancient and medieval worlds (like Christianity, for example).

froudesociety.wordpress.com/2016/03/02/hrx-takes-its-exit/

well said

Nick Land is the thinking man's Mencius Moldbug, just like Mencius is the thinking man's Confucius.

>"traditional" social norms
>"natural" hierarchies
>"organic" societal organizations
So this is the power of "objective" concepts.