Veeky Forums approved anime

plz

thx

Other urls found in this thread:

alexsheremet.com/review-hayao-miyazakis-nausicaa-valley-wind-1984/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

/thread

oh shit i have an akira t-shirt, i didnt even realise it was an anime it just looked cool

not sure if retarded but made me lol anyways

None.

> tfw you came up with your own technonihilist philosophy by smonking weed and watching dank animes

Cowboy Bebop
FLCL
Princess Mononoke

>be me
>manypeople suggest this anime, I should try it
>read Akira
>what the fuck did just I read.
I made it to grasp some sense from evangelion, but I understand nothing from Akira.

Berserk. It's a nice blend of Norse mythology and Arthurian legend for comic book readers.

Nothing in anime or manga is worth reading over the Canon, as they're just as mentally dull as any YA novel.

For the real classics, not the ones overdone with symbolism, Mushishi, no more, no less. Yes, a lot of it (or some would even say all of it) is allegorical, but that's what makes it Veeky Forums. If it wasn't as edgy, I would also say the relatively close-doored samurai drama Shigurui for its criticism of the ridiculous and borderline masochistic samurai code of the Edo era while not being explicitly a satire.

First 4 episodes of Aoi Bungaku Series made me read no longer human.

Both anime and book are nice.

>For the real classics, not the ones overdone with symbolism, Mushishi
>1999
>real classic

kids these days

It's more like Simplicius Simplicissimus, desu.

I love Oshii's stuff. Apart from the obvious Cartesian themes in gits, there is the biblical stuff in angels egg. innocence is an ode to French cinema and literature (tomorrow's eve) and the art of Hans Bellmar

I guess the ones based off of novels (not comic books or whatever the fuck "light novels" are) but even then they're pretty much garbage like the rest of the medium.

None. Back when I used to watch anime I never found one that stuck with me on a deeper level.

I really liked the visual novel Symphonic Rain thought. I might try more of those games.

Princess Mononoke is godlike. One of the most beautiful things I've seen.

posting in epic thread full of underage kids

It's far reaching and covers elements from many epics and adventure novels.

>Like manga.
>Teacher lends me her Akira manga
>read it
I understood it fine, I mean, I got the gist of it, but fuck me if I could tell anybody apart. The weird man babies, sure, but everybody else? No fucking way. My internal monologue was
>"okay. okay. Is that kaneda? No, he just died, can't be. wtf? Is that kaneda? Is that kaneda? no, he just died. Is that kaneda? Is that kaneda? okay, she just called him kaneda. Wait, where are they now?"
I read like, 5 volumes like that. Shit, I think I read the whole thing.

Sounds like ADHD.

The Stabat Mater cyber cult in man-machine interface reminds me of Nick land/CCRU

The only two that were at times hard to tell apart for me were Kei and Kaneda.

Well, yes, but I also have a hard time with faces anyway, and manga is pretty famous for having similar looking faces. Manga usually circumvent this problem by giving each character a trait- pigtails, a bandage on the nose, glasses, freckles, etc. Not in Akira tho. It's a problem you see more in old school manga.

Beauty by itself means nothing, dummy. alexsheremet.com/review-hayao-miyazakis-nausicaa-valley-wind-1984/

>there's no film (including anime and the like), or comic (inherently lesser mediums, though film is better than comics and manga) about a post-acceleration economy where Capital has nearly completed birthing itself and is actively throwing humanity into the trash can

Hm... I had no trouble with any character in Akira, and thought that facial structures were more distinguishable there than in a lot of other manga. If it was one of the earlier manga you read, though, I can see that then.

saiyuki

>Hasn't seen Boko no pico

user how many layers of secret knowledge are you on?
I don't think Boku no Pico has much to do with Landian acceleration