I want military sci-fi, lots of it

I want military sci-fi, lots of it.

The review score doesn't matter. Give me your best or worst.

the halo books

Honor Harrington books

Which one's good?

The Forever War

Forever Peace was good too, but I think not as good and not military

I remember there used to be this guy who would write stacks of books. I wonder what became of him. I know he fought in some war and apparently people claim he an hero'd.

Hemingway?

No, a Veeky Forums poster.

Armor is the best written to so.

We have a whole general, you know
>>>/sffg/

Old man's war by John scalzi

Any of them. Just start from the beginning

I can tell your new so just know we don't take kindely to people like you. Go to the containment general.
>>>/sffg/

Starship troopers gets mentioned here quiet a bit. Aside from the facist undertones, I can't say much about the quality of the book, but you're looking for quantity not quality.

Enders game

My Diary Desu

>lots of it
Every Warhammer 40k novel

yeah I remember that guy. he worked at a gas station and would post pictures of him standing next to his unpublished eleven volume fantasy series. last time i saw him post was in a thread about the publishing industry, he posted a picture of a fat stack of his unpublished manuscripts and some dude who worked for a publisher told him he should be embarrassed for wasting so much time on a series that will never get published. Didn't hear anything about suicide just assumed he got BTFO'd so bad he gave up on his dreams.

Literally want my 60 page story about a hard-military sci-fi I started around 3 years ago and never finished?

Here's a screencap of it as a sampler

Oh gosh yes I remember him a bit more now. I just remember back when Veeky Forums tinychat was a small thing he would always take us out on adventures throughout his town.

This. Armor is what you want OP. Its what most people think Starship Troopers is gonna be before they actually crack open the book.

ST is literally just military theory

>fascist undertones
>representative democracy is fascism
>>>/leftypol/

40k is barely sci fi though

I think 'Fall of Reach' is pretty good in it's own right

Does anyone have any more information on him?

Forever War is kino.

Forever Peace is actually unrelated, confusingly, but has at least a military aspect to it

Forever Free is the inferior sequel to Forever War.

You asked for the worst, so here goes:
Bruce Bethke's Cyberpunk novel. No, not the short story.

>Does anyone have any more information on him?
Forever Peace also has a sex scene between two people who are mind-linked and one of them is a nigger and he talks about what it's like sucking his own dick

It's great.

>Forever War is kino
>forced homosexuality in every character

More like Forever Gay lmao amirite?

Mandela never goes gay. It's just the future humans that do it at one point for population control or whatever.

Even then there's a few curious strays that want to try the straight way.

Juggernaut

The Frontlines series by Marko Kloos is quite good.

Yoon ha lee's Ninefox Gambit. Kind of like a dumb wanna be harry potter version of military scifi. Forever war, enders game, starship troopers, dune.

Crimson Worlds, about a mary sue super marine (jesus fuck the obsesion with Marines in mil sci-fi). Apart of him and some other character fellating themselves/Cain, the military parts are quite good, the Space battles specially.
The Lost fleet, the MC is another mary sue, but a more nuanced one (for what I mean, a less grating one). Probably the best depiction of Space battles between space ships I read.
Hammer Slammers. A tank mercenary company and his mis adventures. The Slammers are da best company and a bit of wank, but it's mostly about the grunts and what they do and feel, and lots of destruction. Good entertainment.
Then you have Ringo. Lots of good ideas, a cringey way to portray them.

The only possible answer desu

>jesus fuck the obsesion with Marines in mil sci-fi

Uh, what else are they gonna write about? No one cares about theoretical naval combat or about some nerd sitting back on base directing drones or some shit, they just want "SPESS MUHREENS"

Start with the first trilogy, it is good stuff, from there I will recommend you to read the Cole Protocol, Glasslands, and the Thursday war (if you can tune out the author bashing of certain character), from there on Last Light and Envoy.