Best ultracheap writing laptop?

So whats a good ultracheap and reliable laptop for writing on. I currently use a 2007 Core2 Duo Macbook that i got for $50, But are there other things that offer a superior writing experience or some better options for something I can get cheap and used to write on casually.

Writes use netbooks + BSD

Get a keyboard with Cherry Blue switches

Yeah but would it be worth it to carry around a spare keyboard and mouse for my laptop?

>writing laptop
so, a laptop?

going to let my inner /g/ out here: Thinkpad X220, no chiclet keyboard, stripped down OS with nothing but what's needed to run a basic program and a document writer

x200 here. ubuntu minimal install, no DE, only i3wm. light, fast, efficient, cheap.

Superior writing setup would be a second hand thinclient with a mechanical keyoard and a portrait monitor with a minimalist linux installation of choice.

Good laptop keyboards don't really exist, although Thinkpads probably come close.

>writing laptop

lelito

"Writers" love to make sure that everyone knows that they're writing on something.

And to add to that, setting your laptop up minimally so you cant browse the internet is retarded. Just learn some self-discipline, jesus christ. You guys genuinely sound like reddit.

I have X201 with the patrician 16:10 aspect ratio.

I was just asking if anyone here knew what computers would be an enjoyable typing experience its less that i need a flashy oh im a writer laptop, Its that I want something semi cheap that types really well since my old laptop I used died.

Easier said than done. Not that I support this nonsense.

professional technical author here

practically all laptops have shitty keyboards and a lot of them have shitty screens. these are the biggest factors in what will make a good laptop for writing. personally i can't use a machine for serious work without a half decent external monitor and keyboard. i have a friend who is a writer (novelist) who wrote his last book on a laptop keyboard and ended up with serious RSI

a reasonable keyboard doesn't have to cost a lot. i have worked on expensive keyboards that aren't noticeably better than cheap ones. i'm currently using a fairly cheap Logitech keyboard that i like because it has a little scroll wheel on the side but i've noticed some of the keys are wearing out a bit so i don't expect it to last much longer.

if you work on a laptop monitor especially a small one you're going to end up hunched up peering into the screen and that's not going to do your neck or back any good. get a decent monitor- good sharp picture, but not a glossy one. again it doesn't have to be expensive.

the machine itself is almost irrelevant as long as it runs the software you want. i use Adobe FrameMaker which needs a fairly powerful machine but i also use Word which runs on most reasonable machines.

I'm curious. Are there ink screens already on the market?

Just get a laptop that has a mechanical keyboard. It's not really difficult unless you're super poor, in which case you should focus on something other than writing 80k word fanfiction.

Who else /tpg/ here

t410 here, but i write exclusively on my ipad, because it simulates the suffering and mistakes of wrotinf in pen.

This might be a retarded question, but all the X220s I see on Ebay don't come with a charge adapter. Would any old adapter do?

What's a good netbook that I could use solely for research in libraries? (ie, typing stuff, reading)

what in the fuck would it matter which netbook you use in a library?

also don't get a laptop with ridiculously high resolution for a small screen. it's a gimmick for movies and it just makes everything smaller and more painful. I think I set back a year of my life with a lot of quality of life decline from how tired my eyes would get using a lenovo yoga 2 pro laptop. save the high resolution stuff for your desktop gaming computer or your TV until Windows stops fucking with your eyes with its stupid settings

What's a good laptop for just ordering pizza online?

i dont want to buy just any piece of shit?

and preferably one that respects my freedoms

is there a stallman endorsed netbook?

get a business class laptop if you can afford it. I wish I did.
I love i3. I may never use a graphical desktop environment again. but you don't want to stop thare op, you also want to learn how to use a Vim. Once you learn some basic commands you're never want to do you work in anything else.

Manjaro has an I3 Edition that will do a lot of the difficult work for you.

op might be like me and looking for a mobile workstation. how to writing on my laptop if I'm traveling will be away from my home or just want to work away from my damn desk. it's nice to take it to a coffee shop to.

>writing on a computer
Fucking retarded. Just use paper or buy a notebook or something, you don't need to buy shit to start writing you fucking consumer sheep.

Chromebook

Jesus Christ what a waste of trips. Shut the fuck up. If you're choosing a laptop based on the keyboard, you're doing it wrong. But a keyboard (that you can use with anything). Or buy a typewriter.

I have problems with manjaro. tried different spins on my desktop and notebook and had problems after the installation. never had problem with debian, arch, fedora, suse, etc., so just went with ubuntu. not that big of a deal to setup i3. and currently using emacs, kek

>freetard

i have the same laptop,install ubuntu and you have a brand new superfast computer

pump

No thanks, I like sex.