Language learning

Should I learn spanish or russian?
I am interested in both equally. Which one is the easier one and which one is the most beautiful of both?

Other urls found in this thread:

proza.ru/2017/07/03/964
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Spanish is easier from the perspective of an English speaker. Russian literature is probably better, although you'd need to know a bit of pre-reform Russian

As an English speaker, Russian will be much much easier for you to learn than Spanish.

2 answers both hold an opposite opinion
this is somewhat unsatisfying

German desu

Spanish has no case system, a healthy overlap of vocabulary with English, and uses the Latin alphabet.

Well that is my mothertongue

Ah very nice, you should learn Russian then.

French then Russian

Learn russian. I recommed you to read this text of Misha Lapkin proza.ru/2017/07/03/964
He's really great author

i know some french and i detest it.

Spanish, if you work hard at it you'll be reading Borges in a year. Spanish is easy as fuck. Their literature is great too, and better than Russian lit. You can learn both, but if you're monolingual then Spanish is the easiest way to get your feet wet in foreign languages.

What the fuck? Are you a retard or just an Ivan?

>le French xD
French is a reddit language

Spanish is probably the ugliest language of the world. I always found it weird its suppose to be romantic. It sounds...it sorta just sounds like dirt coming out of someones mouth

Spanish should be easier for an English speaker. With an equal interest in both Russian and Spanish I would go for the latter. Spanish is probably considered to be more beautiful as well. Russian has a reputation of being a harsh sounding language.

Bear in mind that you can't really read the original Don Quixote if you learn modern Spanish.
Don't listen to this vatnik.
Don't listen to this fucking idiot either.

t. only experience with Spanish is hearing immigrant spics on the bad side of town

>Implying english isn't the one and only Reddit language

are you retaredededededed

I am Ivan and can confirm this is true. I'm super shit at Spanish. I can only understand it

you can make spanish sound like anything and it's still easy to understand between each different dialect

- if you want something dry learn to speak spanish from spain
- if you want something a bit more musical learn mexican
- if you want to make it sound like italian learn argentinian
- if you want to be a latin lover learn cuban
- if you want to sound retarded learn spanish from chile

it's all written the same but sounds different

Alle sollen deutsch lernen, um ehrlich zu sein.

This. I don't know what these other fools are on about.

Once you learn even one language, reading translations feels like chewing on regurgitated puke. Remain blissfully ignorant while you can.

If you want to chose between those two I'd recommend spanish (russian is fucking hard, I tried learning it once but gave up eventually, with romanic languages you make much quicker progress)

Kann ich schon.

Near the end of my highschool a while back I decided to try in my Spanish classes and push myself.
A while later I went on Holiday to Spain, I could speak to locals, understand them and read relatively easily. I was surprised, in around 6-9 months I was pretty good.
But jesus christ, its a pig of a language. I stopped practicing and have since forgotten it. It sounds fucking horrible, Spain is relatively irrelevant sure its the biggest tourist destination for brits, but on the world stage its laughably fucked. Its economy is shit, Catalonia wants a referendum and I wouldnt be surprised if the Basque Country wanted one too. Its pretty unstable.
Russian is unbelievably hard, its rock solid and I tried to learn that after Spanish. But its usefull, really usefull.
Russian is your best bet, but if your learning it as your second language you`ll have a hard time. It would be quicker over all to learn an easier 2nd one then try for Russian.

I speak german and english very well,
I learned some arabic and some french. so it is not my second language.

////THREAD

I decided to learn spanish first and learn russian in a year or two.

Thanks for your help lit

You're making a big mistake Komrade. Russian is far easier. Especially pronunciation.

Are there Romanized version of Russian language works?

Any Icelandfags here? What is the GOAT book for a beginner to read Icelandic?

Yes of course, 'g' is pronounced 'v' in some contexts. This is a minimal but good example.

>t.
this needs to go away so bad

Lovestar

what? pronouncing spanish is trivial, letters sound always the same