>leave the degenerate polluted city
>hike to an isolated rural location
>set up a small camp
>visit town once or twice a week to pick up food, drink and other necessaries
>spend almost all day every day reading and writing as you please

Why not do this?

inb4 "m-muh internet addiction"

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.scientificamerican.com/disease-prone/emerging-infectious-diseases-and-cities/
youtube.com/watch?v=AHSrhMhhCS8
earlyretirementextreme.com/how-i-live-on-7000-per-year.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because I am not a little bitch, so I can handle the real world.

>isolated rural location
>can just pop into town a couple of times a week

Well, you're still going to need money for supplies aren't you?

>I'm an ideologically-submissive normgroid

>leave the city

If you are a person of any value you would have avoided a degenerate (read: sociable) lifestyle and saved enough money to last for at least a year if all you consume are basic foodstuffs, water and coffee, and essential items such as batteries, matches and women's underwear.

>current year
>not exchanging your crazy hobo ranting manuscripts for food

>not going full north pond hermit

Withdrawing to the idiocy of rural life is just resentful and reactionary desu. The air of the cities is emancipatory

Spoken like a true cuckold of modernity.

Primarily, because I grew up in a rural location and spent most my youth outdoors. Secondarily, because I read Walden.

>but if i leave my concrete dump where will i find nigger cocks on demand

because there are laws against it

This

ayyy /out/ poster here

I live 20 minutes by bicycle outside of Drummond, MT in a hunting cabin my grandfather owns. It's small as shit (single bed etc) but it's super comfy and I really like it here. Lived in NY for six months and Seattle for a year (and other cities / large towns) before coming here but I'm set for at least another 2 years if I budget and shit like that. So far it's great, although dealing with bugs gets tiresome and the snow can be pretty annoying after the initial novelty wears off.

I can answer a few questions for the next like 30 minutes if anybody has them. Posting from a public library kek

>b-but mommy said no!

Grow a pair faggots

Really? Have you literally ever entered a stretch of woods? Have you ever tried searching a square mile, hell, even just a hectare of woods, within a few mile of wood? It's not like police comb random blocks of forest each day looking for survivalists.
Saying you won't do it because it's faint the law is like saying you won't collect rain water because it's against the law. Clearly you're a child and/or a city baby.

>following the laws of man

what climate do you have there and how hard is it to manage bugs?

snow sounds ok, but having to worry constantly about pests may suck

is the lit career any better in the cabin

Sounds comfy as fuck. Do you own a gun?

>collect rain water because it's against the law
i'm glad I live in ancap utopia
(bosnia and herzegovina kek)

>It's not like police comb random blocks of forest each day looking for survivalists.

That's a great image for a contemporary dystopian novel.

Cold cold cold in winter and hot hot hot in summer. Right now it's about 95 degrees which I hate but it's tolerable enough. Sun cream is actually one of my biggest expenses.

Your idea brother, get writing.

I'm 25 so I'm taking my time with things. I don't want to rush anything and I find the longer I live here the less intent I am on writing anything or really even saying anything verbally. Major contrast to how I was living in an urban setting (pressure to "succeed", "make it" etc)

Sure do.

sounds survivable but a bit annoying. which are the worst bugs? any clean bodies of water that you can swim on?

*unzips duck*

You first, homo

>I dwindle people down to subhuman levels for enjoying the sweet fruits of urban life
kys philistine

>Why not do this?
Well, you aren't doing this for some reason.

>It's not like police comb random blocks of forest each day looking for survivalists.
what about ramblers?
whats an average day? do you pay tax?

Deer Flies / Horse Flies are the worst for sure at this time of year. But I haven't been affected yet. I spend a lot of my time in my cabin, which is shaded and thus cool and pretty comfy for the most part.

Hah! That's my pic. I get out and camp as much as possible. Am about to head off to Spain to try and walk the GR11, should take roughly one month. Am stocking up on reading material at the moment.

>I enjoy inhaling diesel fumes, listening to the jabbering of Africans and Arabs and also the sound of pneumatic drills, emergency service sirens and loud motorcycle engines, smelling rotting food, urine and the musk of suited neanderthals, tasting the one-minute-microwavable meals each night, feeling the sweat of greasy Nigerians as they rub against me in the subway

You know the Philistines were actually very culturally and artistically advanced for their time, and are only condemned as being otherwise in the popular vocabulary due to Roman revisionism. Or, you would know that, if you hadn't swallowed the concretecuck and volunteered to dwell in whatever multicultural dronescape you presently inhabit.

Just avoid popular hiking locations. Find secluded, privately owned woods where no one ever really enters.

More campsite reading spots.

Fuck horse flies dude. You think it'd be bad enough that they're large as a bee. But the fact that they bite as well makes them fiendish.

Wha- what do- I mean... it just keeps honking at me... I'm at a loss here.

With what money?

Why wouldn't you just buy some dirt cheap land in a flyover state? what your describing isn't sustainable.

>what about ramblers?
Ramblers don't tend to ramble at 2330 off the path...

Wake up at 8:30am, jog, work out a little, tend my vegetable patch, eat a light breakfast, read for a few hours, take a walk, work on upkeep for the area I occupy (reinforcing the roof, clearing away thick foliage etc), read further and maybe write a little, eat a large meal, relax, sleep....I also have a laptop which I charge here in town and take back with me, but I only use it when I feel like playing Rome: Total War for like an hour. I pay tax yeah but it's cheap.

because liberals have fores guards and when those paper pushers with power fantasies find you, they will tell you to fuck off and gib me money. If you settle for good in the forest, they will tell you that it is not sanitary and if they agree with your plan, they will threaten you to pay up the tax to live here, otherwise you will be judge, all your accounts frozen and pay a fine and go to jail.

How old are you? Do you have a job?

>Fuck horse flies dude.

The loneliness hasn't become that intense yet, though I may have to consider it in time.

Montana user here. I have to go grab some stuff but I'll be back in like 1 hour for a short time if anybody wants to post questions in the meantime.

Late twenties. Yep I have a job but it's flexible. I am giving myself a few more years of freedom before getting a proper job and entering the next phase of my life.

is the water filter system from the Infowars shop?

>is the water filter system from the Infowars shop?
No idea what infowars is. It's a sawyer squeeze if you're interested. Light and super easy to use. The only down side is that the bags are quite tricky to fill from running water. I only tend to use it a lower elevations. Higher up in the mountains I just drink straight from the streams.

Not to mention their 2.5 in wingspan might evoke some jealousy.

Mostly because I want a gf and family. But I do idealize this kind of living. I was member of a very traditional boy scout group and we lived 2 months in the wilderness. Cool stuff. Would be even easier if you live semi-connected to civilization like Kaczynski did. Problem would be regulations. You need to be connected to a sewage system or pay shitloads for a camping place. Living as a tramp illegally will be hard after a while.

Bugs. Disease. Supplies. Medicine. Animals. Humans.

Plenty of reasons that's a bad idea.

>Disease
blogs.scientificamerican.com/disease-prone/emerging-infectious-diseases-and-cities/

Get a job and save money by living ascetically you NEET faggot.

>wasting money on some paper certificate

There's plenty of land to inhabit for free retard

What job? Just curious what kind of job lets you take a month off.

Libtard 101

Go back to /r/books

>the woods are fake and the city is real

your brain on symbols

>he swallowed the Cuntpill

Enjoy your mortgage, normie dinner parties and disappointing brood you fucking faggot.

>he needs medicine to survive

Untermenschen need not apply.

Not all countries have isolated rural locations, user.

m8, get a fire blanket for beneath your fire. those rocks won't cut it, and you'll start a root fire.

>voluntarily living in one of those countries

More fool you buddy

I don't mind.

I'm an arborist. I either work short contracts or just quit. Due to the transient nature of the industry no one bats an eyelid if you just up and leave, most companies are genuinely surprised that I actually bother to hand in my notice. Also if you good you can even get hired back by the same company pretty easily.
I get where you are coming from, but not in this part of the world. Everything is wweett. Plus I only ever light small fire, just to have something to stare at. In that pic the fire was the biggest it every got. I don't cook on it so it doesn't really need to generate any heat.

Being an urban hermit is pretty nice as well desu.

There is literally an argument for every counterpoint in this thread. you fags will never agree on anything. It's amazing.

fuck you too mate

m8, I live in a country that probably gets more rain than most in the world. a fire blanket is not that expensive, and it does not matter the size of the fire or the wetness of the surface. it'll not only make your fire more efficient to heat you instead of the ground, it'll stop you fucking destroying the forest and leaving traces of your presence. there's literally no reason not to invest in one and a whole lot of reasons why you're an ignorant dick for not investing in one.

literally me
i'm probably the greatest mind of the XXI century
but here I am, scratching my balls

even rosties goes in the woods
youtube.com/watch?v=AHSrhMhhCS8

You can't even speak English yet you're already spouting /r9k/ buzzwords. Get a fucking grip.

ok kiddo.

Where are you from? Sounds like a great job dude, congrats.

what tent tarp is that?

And why would I DO this? I'm not working, nor doing anything else. I sit home isolated 24/7 - it's same as being at a rural location. Except the air isn't polluted, but what does that really change? - I won't get lung cancer in 30 years? Like I care what happens to me in 30 years. When I read, I constantly check analysis, book recommendations, translations, referenced concepts etc. on the internet. Besides, something might kill me in the a rural area. Especially since I'm allergic to bees, I need to get an immediate injection into the booty when I get stinged.

I'll bet we can agree on the galactic dimensions of your faggotry.

>Not publishing your incoherent scribblings for $25 on kindle and starting a gofundme

Epicurus was right

Also drop acid or eat magic mushrooms every few weeks or so

>why aren't you a neet next to a tree

Trying to get a stash of money built up first. If I get 100k I can live off the interest the rest of my life. Before that I need to kill the student loans. Also want travel money. Which means I need a job, which means gotta live in a shitty. I can have freedom in 5 years on the assumption I actually manage to get a job.

>haven't been innawoods in 4 months
>best I can do is sit in the park and ignore the hobos
>no job anyway

Feels bad man. I'd like to live innacabin innawoods if it had internet.

you're going full earlyretirementextreme?

travel is a meme btw

>not get a bike (or even more lit, a horse) and live the nomad lifestyle

Get out on the steppe, you fool.

Bike as in bicycle? Are there tires that can handle riding through rocky terrain for months without much maintenance? It would be pretty cool to ride through China and the surrounding countries.

On the one hand, I love nature and solitude. The best reading I ever do is outdoors. I especially like exploring all sorts of abandoned or isolated places.
On the other hand, even camping for a could couple of nights is a chore. It's either too hot or too cold; I need to carry a literal bag of medicines with me all the time and I need to make sure I don't run out of any of them; I am allergic to insect bites; I have no idea which berries, mushrooms, water sources are safe; I get lost easily without GPS; I don't really have any survival skills; I need hot water and a toilet. If i was ever to go live alone in the woods, Chris McCandless' ghost would probably laugh his ass off as I twist my ankle and slowly succumb to bee stings in some bushes half a mile from the nearest strip mall.

In the UK now, might have work in Scandinavia after the summer.
Trekkertent Stealth 1

Don't you have fermented milk to drink or something

Well, a lot of people have actually traveled across continents on bicycles. I know of a guy the biked through Europe, Sweden to Istanbul.

But I meant a motorbike.

*pillages your city*

live off the interest of 100k?

i feel like thats pretty hard if you want money for hose repairs and stuff, insurance, books, food

>no access to fast food
>no access to Youtube
>no access to scantily dressed women in public
>no access to Blacked, Dogfart etc.
>no access to high-speed underground transportation

What's the fucking point? Nobody needs to be a writer in 2017.

Mongols are finished, stop LARPing the middle ages.

How long have you been an arborist for? Have you ever worked as anything else?

earlyretirementextreme.com/how-i-live-on-7000-per-year.html

read up on this lad, he's making it.

>all that projection
>all those buzzwords
>all that inaccuracy

So just disassociate already. It's hard to take the juvenile platitude seriously when you're crying frustrated bitch-tears on an internet forum, the zenith of modern consumerism banality.

You only have an education as the result of a modern society and also largely due to urbanization, but you didn't consider that, huh? You only had time to confuse your myopic opinion of urban society and obvious misanthropic mental disorder with reality. I hope you've realized that the only result in which the multi-cultural urban society doesn't become the totality of the human race is one in which we all kill each other first, and that there's simply no more room for people who think like you in any particular future of humanity.

Good luck completely disconnecting, though. I honestly hope you make it out there.

>muh lentils
>you guys, I don't actually eat lentils anymore haha
What the fuck? I love lentils. Why would anyone think it's "weird" to eat lentils? They're one of my favorite foods.

>not being a trust fund kiddie

lentils are a meme food, you fell for it

>Why would anyone think it's "weird" to eat lentils?
Yanks.

Roughly 4 years now. Yeah I did a few other jobs when I was younger, bike messenger in London, photographic assistant, plus an assortment of part time bits and bobs. It's a bit of a family tradition for the men to tear about doing odd things before hitting 30 then they tend to settle down and get serious.