Bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonnerronntuonnthunntrovarrhounawnskawntoohoohoordenenthurnuk

>Bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonnerronntuonnthunntrovarrhounawnskawntoohoohoordenenthurnuk

What did Joyce mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

medicaldaily.com/why-using-pen-and-paper-not-laptops-boosts-memory-writing-notes-helps-recall-concepts-ability-268770
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why do people do shit like this?
Going through the motions, writing your little notes.
What happens when you close the last page? What did you gain?

There comes a point when you aren't reading anymore. When you've given more thought to the work than the author did and you aren't enjoying reading for what it is.

so is there a version of Finnegans Wake you can purchase with exhaustive footnotes that explain every single word for unintelligent babies such as myself who need their hands held?

Thunder word

This one actually has a legitimate and (relatively) well known answer

Don't make fun of others just because you don't enjoy what they do. It's not nice.

I've never actually read finnegan's wake, and I didn't know until now. Wow. How do you read something like that if you aren't completely immersed in the author's culture?

>When you've given more thought to the work than the author did
And how do you know you've given more thought to it than the author? Can you read his mind?

>Brekkek Kekkek Kekkek Kekkek! Koax Koax Koax!
>Brekkekkex koax koax: the refrain of the chorus of frogs in the comedy The Frogs by the Greek playwright Aristophanes
>kek
>frogs
OUR GUY?

not that guy but anyone who writes on the level of analyzing every sentence and slotting in references they have to look up is going to be fucking shit.

Yeah bro, that's why Joyce is one of the most highly regarded authors of all time. Suck it.

my point is joyce was that good you fucking idiot. i doubt he did that and i doubt you can provide any proof of that. there's a reason joyce is considered a genius and you're some fucking weirdo who spends an hour reading one page because you're scribbling notes for every sentence like a fucking NERD.

There's a website that's functionally better than what you've just described

It's called Fweet

Why do people come on here if they don't know how to read properly and actually retain the information?

I doubt any of you fucks remember anything you've read if you don't take notes and annotate.

This board is trash.

FUCK. YOU.

>read properly
fucking nerds ruin everything.

Suck. My. Dick.

fuck off limpdick nerd.

one time I brought in some green beans in a can to eat because I get hungry and when I sat down in the theater I pulled out my can opener and started opening my can and these black people started staring at me and then one said "yo nigga you eating green beans" and started laughing so I decided to be alpha for the day and set my can in the cup holder and looked him in the eyes and bent my head down and said very sternly and slowly "Don't. Mock. My. Food." but they weren't intimidated and yelled out "DIS NIGGAH EATIN BEANS" and I got nervous because people were starting to turn around and I just ran out without my beans and never came back in case someone recognized me. a couple days later I was walking around the local mall and I heard someone shout "BEANS" and I didn't know if they were talking about me but I never went back there either

you see you try to imitate what you percieve as joyce's substanceless ramblings when in reality he knows exactly what he's saying and you miss the point entirely and you just ramble without substance.

>Bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonnerronntuonnthunntrovarrhounawnskawntoohoohoordenenthurnuk

I'M A SCATMAN

Okay, so you admit that Joyce is deep and that made a stupid post. What is the conflict here?

What? I agreed with him and said your post was stupid.

Once you 'decode' this piece of shit there's really nothing interesting about this book.

Writing helps you process and retain information.

>the mind as machine

This explanation just increased my confusion because what exactly are you "processing?"

If you can read then why would you need to write to help read?

And what are you "retaining?" There's no way the owner of that book has memorized all of his notes, not even just the notes on that one page.

No, you agreed with me and said his post was stupid.

medicaldaily.com/why-using-pen-and-paper-not-laptops-boosts-memory-writing-notes-helps-recall-concepts-ability-268770

>t. pseuds

Unsurprisingly you have some mental illness.

It's a portmanteau of various thunder-related words from languages all across the globe; in this context it represents Eve's tragic fall to Satan and the subsequent collapse of Eden. It is perhaps the single most important, emotive, and creative word ever spoken in the entire history of human speech, literally transcending language, and you cannot even read it.

Unsurprisingly you have some mental illness.

>abloo bloo bloo transgenders trigger me so i'm going to call everything a mental illness

Welcome to the age of the emperor's new clothes.

That comparison is completely inappropriate in this situation.

>brings up trannies out of nowhere
mmm that's good projection

>uses the slur "trannies"
Looks like I hit the nail on the head.

you're being too obvious

You're being too stupid.

Its finnegans wake you fucking idiots

I jerk off to face sitting videos.

How long? I did it for mounth and now it's just don't feel that good anymore.

how long until suicide?

Well, I can imagine if you jacked off for a month it wouldn't feel that good. I usually jack off for about 15 to 20 minutes at the most.

Yours? Probably after your orange idol is impeached.

>mfw nobody ever talks about the other thunders
>was about to whip this bad boy out
>oh wait

Nice to see somebody using my OC :^D

dubs confirm it

You didn't made this, I found it on Reddit.

bababalalgharaghtakamminaronnkonnbronnton
nerronntounnthunntrovarrhounawnskawn
toohoohoondenthurnuk
Here we find Baba (Arabic, father), phonetic Abba (Hebrew,
father), phonetic Canbronne (the general who so appropriately
said merde when asked to surrender the territory), phonetic
Gaelic scan (crack: of thunder or of the anus), ronnen (Germanic,
excretion), the suggestive orden implying both Germanic
medal for valor and English ordure, etc. The terrifying FatherGod
elsewhere "Makes his manuvres in open ordure" and
preaches all the anal-authoritarian values: "No cods before me...
Thou shall not commix idolatry... Love my label like myself."
He is the villain of the "goddinpotty" (garden party)—the trickster-god
who set the baited trap in the Garden of Eden; the ego
internalized in toilet-training (potty); the god of thunder and
wrath (god-din).

>phonetic Gaelic scan (crack: of thunder or of the anus)
Brap, you say?

I most certainly did make it. I originally posted it here maybe a year+ ago, and periodically since then. It doesn't surprise me that it's made its way to the other place, though. If anyone there claims to have made it, then they are lying. You're determined not to be convinced in any event, but here's a taste of the original spreadsheet file.

Not that any of this matters, of course.

Yeah I was just shitposting, don't have a cow man.

But what about a nicuns moocow and a very nice cowe it was too?

stfu faggot I made that chart lmao

how pathetic do you have to be to take credit for something you didn't make on Veeky Forums

t. white man

Underrated

finnegan's wake reminds me of the shit that went through my head doped up at the hospital after my appendix removal

>Joyce has a mustache
>Scatman John has a mustache
>The two of them were never seen in the same place
Really makes you think.

What's the point of spending so much time and effort on reading such a cryptic piece of litterature ? That time would be better spent reading classic litterature or learning another language.

>if you read Finnegans Wake aloud, it will all make sense

Joyce is better.

It is written like that to emulate a dream, where not much makes sense and hidden meanings jump out of the woodwork. It's pretty enjoyable, even if you do not understand every word, and you get bits and pieces of the story alongside vivid images and references as if you were indeed remembering a dream. I have never experienced a similar sensation in literature.

I'M STILL IN A DREAM

You're not being at all.

STFU.

>this thread

So this is the average Joyce reader. Really activates your almondiermandels.

>/pol/ meme
Go back.

Writing helps you see what you think. You also for some reason believe the brain is a computer hard drive, when it's far more complex and superior.

The average person uses 10% of their brain capacity. Today I will hit 100%.

k, average user

It's the sound of Nora's fart.

>I don't read: the Posts

Who is Nora?

His wife whose farts her loved to sniff while eating her ass and fucking her or something. Google it.

Sounds like a true patrician.

Update. I found them.

>I did as you told me, you dirty little girl, and pulled myself off twice when I read your letter. I am delighted to see that you do like being fucked arseways. Yes, now I can remember that night when I fucked you for so long backwards. It was the dirtiest fucking I ever gave you, darling. My prick was stuck up in you for hours, fucking in and out under your upturned rump. I felt your fat sweaty buttocks under my belly and saw your flushed face and mad eyes. At every fuck I gave you your shameless tongue come bursting out through your lips and if I gave you a bigger stronger fuck than usual fat dirty farts came spluttering out of your backside. You had an arse full of farts that night, darling, and I fucked them out of you, big fat fellows, long windy ones, quick little merry cracks and a lot of tiny little naughty farties ending in a long gush from your hole. It is wonderful to fuck a farting woman when every fuck drives one out of her. I think I would know Nora’s fart anywhere. I think I could pick hers out in a roomful of farting women. It is a rather girlish noise not like the wet windy fart which I imagine fat wives have. It is sudden and dry and dirty like what a bold girl would let off in fun in a school dormitory at night. I hope Nora will let off no end of her farts in my face so that I may know their smell also.

Cool.

*farts sagely at you*

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

How many languages did Joyce know?

You do know Joyce spent seventeen years writing this book, don't you?