Oedipus

Why'd he fuck his mom?

It's complex

>2 unique posters

Because it was his destiny, you cannot escape or reject the will of the Gods

Because there was fuck all else to do and his mom was probably the hottest chick withing 100 miles. I'm sure it used to happen constantly.

The perfect woman for you is and always will be your mother. You can't escape this fact, so you might as well embrace it.

Cause she thicc

Not sure, but I go back and forth between these two explanations:

1) Because he thought he could avoid the prophecy by fleeing it.
2) Because he, metaphorically, wanted to be the cause of himself, a "self-made man." Something to do with pride and the belief that reason can master everything.

The best sex I ever had was fucking a 27 year old when I was 18 and calling her mommy. I've banged plenty of hot sluts since then but I honestly think that's gonna be my peak.

/thread

Oedipus is just an early form of propoganda. Remember, most people couldn't read and it was performed as a play. Essentially what it's telling the unwashed masses is that you should "do what your told or the worst things imaginable will befall you, now get back to fuggin work and don't give me no lip"
-mgmt

i shiggy diggy

bump

It was a prank bro

Did people take this play seriously in 430 B.C. or was it just as absurd and hilarious as it is today?

It was highly respected, won awards, and Aristotle thought it was the perfect plot of a tragedy. It seems silly now post-frued but it had significant merit among the Greeks.

Look over there! There is a painter recording the events!