>location
>current book, etc., etc.

Data mining thread as usual

Fuck off, virgin

Montreal
The Final Martyrs, by Shusaku Endo

Atlanta Georgia
Dune

That dude kinda looks like he's doing one of Lelouch's poses.

New Jersey
Confessions of a Mask

Knoxville
Tender is the Night

its kinda gay desu but the prose is nice

Brazil
The Sorrows of Young Werther

China
Musashi

i've phoneposted statistically significant numbers of bogus posts, to skew your data, in almost all your threads for two years now :^)

i hope you are actually doing long term data collection, because it's worthless lmao

Punisher MAX from 2004
Cornfields in the US

Hawaii
The Brothers Karamazov

Zagreb
Iliad
I'm not sure if this translation is absolutely terrible or just fine.

Você está gostando até agora, confrade?

Spain
Dubliners

I'm only a quarter in but besides being comfy at worst and entertaining at best I don't understand the fuzz about this book. Not saying is bad or anything but as for now it just seems like a collected group of stories about life in Ireland. I'll keep y'all in touch.

France
Brothers Karamazov & Tao Te King

New Zealand
North and South

It's basically a 19th century chick book so far

Wales
Dubliners re-read

pay attention to the word choice and interplay between the short stories. For example, the first paragraph of The Sisters makes specific mention of the word "paralysis," and the following two stories have a critical moment where the main character is paralyzed by an emotion. The Boarding House is about an imminent marriage to save propriety, and the following story A Little Cloud is about the restlessness and dissatisfaction a guy feels about domestic life. The story also follows a basic arc of young protagonists to old, and the first and last stories essentially have interchangeable titles.

Brussels
The Mystery of the Grail

Ottawa
All quiet on the Western front

New York (Not Jew York Shitty)
Notes from the Underground & Botany of Desire

>18
>São Paulo
>The Catcher in the Rye

The Golden Sayings by Epictetus
Theaetetus
Bearing False Witness: Debunking Centuries of Anti-Catholic History

Hey, I'm thinking about getting Botany of Desire for my dad because he's really into the topic of the book - but from what I read about it, it seems kind of written for plebs and like it's only scratching the surface with a few popular stories every child already knows (Appleseed guy, tulip mania, omg drugs, omg we can make potatoes bigger now).
Is it actually worthwhile nonfiction for someone who already knows this stuff? I trust Veeky Forums more than reviewers who are astonished by fucking everything.

>age
>location
Spain
>current book, etc., etc.
Just read 'El llano en llamas' and started this

Wisconsin Burgerland
The Prince

The back stoop, smoking, darks are barking and kids playing basketball, in short a balmy summer afternoon.

Tibetan "Book of the Dead"/ Norton anthology of postmodern American fiction/ The music of Maher Shalal Hash Baz/ Twin Peaks original series

I just finished Notes a few days ago, how are you liking it/how did you like it?

Vancouver, BC
Men Without Women by Haruki Murakami

London, England

The 100yr-old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared

It's about as bad as you imagine it would be.

>29
>Bumfuck Nowhere, USA
>Cyclonopedia

Belgium
Brief interviews with hideous men

california
just finished the sun also rises, onto as i lay dying today

>23
>Georgia
>War and Peace

> 21
> England
> A book about Phillip Graham on the historical figure who could have been the King Arthur of legend.

Quite interesting since I live right where Ol' Arthy was said to rule.

>30

Portugal
The Republic of Thieves

>25
>US
>Few Eggs and No Oranges

Pennsylvania
Just destroyed my copy of infinite jest about halfway through so I have to get another.

this

>age
still the fucking Anthropocene in spite of it all

>29
>México
>Way of kings.

To many young'uns on Veeky Forums

>20
>Brazil
>finishing Dubliners

I'll read one of these next: Fathers & Sons, Mad Maria or Great Gatsby.

Sacramento
Mythology: Timeless Tales of Gods and Heroes, by Edith Hamilton

>20
>AL
>The Moon is a Harsh Mistress
I like it. Heinlein's commentary on both political development and gender relationships feels organic and natural, and he perfectly illustrates the tone and setting of Luna (I had the idea that Man was speaking with a Russian accent even in the first few sentences, for example)

finland
divine comedy

Michigan
Infinite Jest

my copy is getting fucked too and i don't wanna need to buy a second for a rereard

You're a hundred years too early for modernism my friend! That's an exaggeration I admit, but at least try to look up an interpretation

Copenhagen
The Tale of Genji

It's shit tbqh

Sinceramente esperava mais, mas continua sendo um bom livro, suas descrições e amor à natureza, as introspecções e discussões de Werther (principalmente sobre a paixão à Carlota e o mau humor) são bem interessantes.

pirate the epub/pdf

Texas
42nd Parallel - Dos Passos
It is very good, he has a very fine psychological insight and his technique or camera eye and news reel is fun to read

Michigan
Germany Tommorow

shit was boring tbqh

Japan
Ham on rye by bukowski

Can you guys also list you blood type and organ status?

Belgium
The Divine Comedy

This

these threads are so fucking stupid. they spark zero conversation about literature. half the people lie about their age and location. the other half lie about the book they're reading, because they're actually reading something that isn't in the "Veeky Forums approved" circle jerk list.

where are you getting this information from?

Minnesota, USA
The French Revolution, Thomas Carlyle
Ghostly, edited by Audrey Niffenegger

Apparently the woman who edited the ghost story book wrote that Time Traveler's Wife book. I always wondered if I was missing out by not reading that, and now after reading her ghost story I have to say that I was not missing shit. She sucks.

haha, yeah. Lelouche. More like Le Douche, am I right?

Prague
Living in Truth by Václav Havel

Poland
Journey to the End of the Night

Is it strange that I liked African chapters more than Heart of Darkness?

wew, laddie

England
Homage to Catalonia

Whoa, me too but 24.