My little sister's going off to camp because summer

My little sister's going off to camp because summer.
What three books would you recommend I cram into a care package we're sending her?

They're gonna be out in the mountains and shit so ideally I wanted something about people being rendered into bits by some horrible forrest monster.

>condoms
>lube
>ass plug
she should be all set

make sure she grows up to be a proper patrician

Lolita
Ulysses
The Complete Works of Plato (Loeb bilingual edition)
Lolita

thirding Lolita

The Name of The Wind, by Patrick Rothfuss.

How old is your sister? I am assuming if she is going to camp she is pretty young, so
>Lord of the Flies
>The Dharma Bums
>My Side of the Mountain

16-17

Probably gonna lead the younger kids at the camp and stuff as a lead for...stuff I didn't give it much thought.

Mein kampf

Great book about camping. Very appropriate title too, in case you're not aware it translates to "My Camp."

Okay, take out Lord of the Flies and MSotM and add in Leaves of Grass and Ariel

Gravity's Rainbow
Lolita
Fanged Noumena

Just send her some CYOA books jesus she's not in the camp to read fucking books. At least with interactive books she can share or have fun with friends. Maybe some cheesy horror books they can read around the campfire, some Goosebumps shit.

Fuck I wish CYOAdventures was still a thing.

I'd love to see what some modern writers could do with the idea, it's basically a literary single player.

The Dungeons and Dragons ones were the shit. I bought this one as a kid from a library book sale and my sister bought Mountain of Mirrors or something. Great summer books, but I think at 16-17 seriously reading them is pushing it a little bit.

She can be a narator if she's going to be leading the kids.

true
my b my b

That's...actually brilliant. I'll look into it.

If you care about her, none. Women should not be educated or read books, for their own good and the good of society.

user pls, this isn't Saudi Arabi

Yes, and that's somewhat unfortunate, since there will still be Arabs in Saudi Arabia in 100 years, but there sure won't be any Europeans in Europe. See how strong the case against female education is.

lord of the rings. lots of cozy descriptions of nature and fairly patrician. the hobbit if you think lotr is too heavy. the divine comedy if you don't think lotr is heavy enough.

yeah, chicks seem to dig this book. it's really good too, i can see why.

underrated comment

i like this meme trilogy better, desu.

I can't find the title of the book but I'm posting in case some other user recognises the story. When I worked in a camp one of the other counsellors had a book that was a real-life story about a kid who went hiking with (I think) his family and got lost and then followed the basic survival tips for getting home in this situation (he tries not to eat anything, drinks water from the correct sources and follows a river back to civilisation). It was narrated in a first-person style, like the kid was actually talking to you.

I thought it was a bit scary for kids but the children loved it (we read to them before bed and no-one complained of nightmares or anything). And it has the added bonus of teaching them what to do if your sister is an incompetent who leaves them behind on a hike.

kys collaborator

>lord of the rings
>fairly patrician

>name of the wind
>it's really good

>meme

Kill yourself.