Veeky Forums approved hobbies? / what do you do when you're not reading

Veeky Forums approved hobbies? / what do you do when you're not reading

Masturbating to hentai. I particularly like exhentai.org, the lolicon tag especially.

writing (short stories currently)

Getting tons of pussy by talking about books I've never read.

>lit approved

are you some kind of asshole

make memes, retard

Nabokov wrote chess problems

My main hobby besides reading and writing is translating text into another language.

Music. If you're into jazz and play rhythm section stuff, there is plenty of work.

Chess or cheese

i spend a lot of my time complaining

music, movies and series.

>needing Veeky Forumss approval

Same thing Milton did, anime

FUCK YOU KEVIN

I don't read much at all. Right now I'm playing a gacha game when I should be reading the Bible or a dozen other things.
Jerk-off

Woodworking, hiking, working out
While you're not cultivating your brain, you should cultivate your body.

Why?

What the fuck? Grow up. You need to take your motivational Facebook memes back, they weren't supposed to be taken seriously.

Fair enough

Studying and exploring other art forms (e.g. film, music, painting, architecture), chess, collecting bugs, substance abuse, drawing, hiking, biking, and so on.

are you some kind of asshole renaissance man

Ham Radio
Linux
Photography
Volunteering

I have hard time believing your enjoy doing all of that.
Or perhaps I'm just too depressed and apathetic to understand how others can enjoy such boring shit.

Fashion, alcohol, film, and anime

Films, music, drawing, working out, Counter Strike

*tips expressively*

Video games, watching random youtube videos or some series, meditation, masturbating like 4 times a month and trying to quit it, drinking with my friend and trying to quit that too, sometimes I work out.

Cycling, masturbating, exploring other art forms like said. A hike every once in a while. I completely eliminated video games from my life, I still watch anime on occasion.

>lifting
>parties
>masturbating
>weed
>vidya
>documentaries

I like my life desu

>lifting
Waste of time.

fucking nerd

This minus the weed.

It's true though. The body and the mind are both connected to each other, and one cannot truly thrive without the other. Physical exercise helps your brain stay sharp. It increases oxygen to your brain and reduces the risk for disorders that lead to memory loss, such as diabetes and cardiovascular disease.

Exercise also enhances the effects of helpful brain chemicals and reduces stress hormones. Perhaps most importantly, exercise plays an important role in neuroplasticity by boosting growth factors and stimulating new neuronal connections.

Is here a collection of these virgin illustrations?

Great hobby! I also make chess compositions. It's very time consuming but everytime I get a problem finished I feel like a real artist.

Do you have a credible citation to back up this claim.

Trying (and failing) to fuck girls

This.
>t. NEET virgin

I really like videogames. I think they are a great way to tell stories trough a different angle than other mediums, it's just that not all of them really need a story to exist in the first place and are a relatively young medium.

Not him but a simple Google search would reveal plenty of evidence for exercise benefits.

Can't you idiots go vent your stupidity on /v/ or the like?

same

Gardening, rowing, cooking, fool around on my bicycle

Writing.

Recommend me one game that does not suffer from trying to be extremely commercial and has a story that is above a below average holywood action/adventure/horror film.

I have played games that have been crowned as extremely outstanding (Half Life 2, Bioshock, Bioshock Infinite) and boundary-pushing, but never have they expanded upon any original or interesting ideas. It seems like the best games are capable of what there is to be found in art forms of questionable quality.

/thread

Tickling mens buttholes.

Firstly, most of people get tons of pussy without even knowing those books exist.
Secondly, book topics don't attract pussy.

Playing videogames for story is a completely absurd. Games are made for amusement generally, so when some company makes them they focus very less on the story. So games are basically automatically worse medium for stories than any other.

SOMA

cry

Your hobby is 'crying'? '-'

You fucking idiot. Half Life 2 was groundbreaking for it's time. You have to put these things in historical context. If you want a truly epic game, play Witcher 3 or Dark Souls. Although I have a friend who say Dark Souls is worse, I think they both rule. Just be prepared for grueling as fuck difficulty if you play Dark Souls. It's not impossible though, because I beat it and I'm the biggest shlub around, and not anything close to a professional or competitive gamer.

What the fuck? I do all of those things except the bug one. What is wrong with you? That shit ain't boring it's fun and fulfilling and you're a piece of shit

Art

> Read/watching news
> Shitposting in pol
> going out with friends and trying to appear as an intellectual giant
> Masturbate to relax
> watch movies./ series ... I dont do it as much when I went through my film watching phase but still. (same goes for anime/manga)
>substance abuse only in a group

Video Games

Kill yourself.

>what do you do when you're not reading

eating, defecating and masturbating
sometimes all at the same time

Working out, fencing and photography.

pretentious douche

You know, that's the third time in 2-3 days that someone has replied to me with that. I must be really on the ball lately. I am righting all the wrongs and solving all the problems with the world.

NO BULLYING

I play papa's sushiria.

>Games are made for amusement generally
A good story cannot be amusing?
>so when some company makes them they focus very less on the story
Story is a pretty heavy focus in a lot of genres, like RPGs. Then there are games like Ace Attorney where the story and the gameplay are impossible to seperate, It sounds like you have no clue what you're talking about.
Ghost Trick and the Ace Attorney games, Bloodborne, the Zelda games (for a mythological fairy tail like story), Shin Megami Tensei (for a minimalist story).

Working out, playing Starcraft 2, dancing on my own, juggling with balls. Gotta have some hobbies that are the opposite of sitting still looking at a book/screen for long amounts of time.

Exercising, brooding over life, misanthropy, nature appreciation, sex when I'm in shape (maybe 4 months of the year)

>mfw not one single person put rap as his hobby
>mfw being a lyrical wordsmith is the highest artform of words
>mfw not one of you could keep up with me lyrically even though English is my fourth language
>mfw noo ne of you knows the skill needed to write complex rhyme patterns

kek you are just plebs

btw:

If one of these Whack Mcs behaves bad
Believe me my friend No amnesty awates them
I put these crap rappers in the grave, man
Stomp their heads so bad No Aspirin can save them
And if they are packing heat I shake hands
Wait till they turn, put the magazines away then
I grab a bag of Vaseline and a (ay) bat
And these fucking damn faggots need a fake ass
My brain’s a masterpiece your brain’s crap
Reminding me of assholecheeks in daycare
You lack the capacity to play cat
So why are you fool still asking me to play catch
This verse burns like gasoline and AIDS sex
And leaves behind Catastrophes and mayhem
Mcs cry in Agony and pray that
They can eventually rest in peace when they dead

And now keep on reading your little books and writing in your diaries kek
If there was a top tier chart rap would be above every other activity involving words, rappers are the alphas in the wordworld

As a massive fag, I skateboard in my free time, and try to learn Russian

>complex rhyme patterns
>rhymes them with them
top kek

Mostly play the piano and take long walks

Lmao are you retarded? Why would you learn russian when all the best authors are in French? Sade, Celine, Cioran, Sade, Sartre, Camus, Genet, Battaile, etc. Please save your retardation of plebbit, we don't want you here.

t. Being such a brainlet that his little brain can't grasp that I basically rhymed a six syllabil rhyme pattern over 16 bars, and that's just the main pattern, don't forget all the rhymes between.
So of course it can happen that I use one word twice or that one or two syllabils dont rhyme.

You couldnt even come up with such a verse in your native language brainlet

>Why would you learn russian when all the best authors are in French?
because my "epic Russian Christianity author meme" told me to.

In my free time I like to bully STUPID Anons

Masturbate, maybe feel bad about myself a bit and then masturbate more

Is being a serial/mass killer literary? Most of the famous ones are highly intelligent and well-read.

>using sacred geometry to trade the cryptocurrency market

>embodying the philosophy of tao by practicing tai chi

>learning how to speak sounds that reverberate through and thereby heal your body (qigong)

Swimming, tennis, golf, soccer. I'd play rugby and lacrosse if I was a big guy but whatever.

Theatre. I'm a professional actor, hobby became work.
Veeky Forums
Other than that, a fervent social life. (Comes with the career.)

I just wish there were more hours in a day.

I really liked the legacy of kane series as a kid. Dank gothic shit.

Tobacco Pipe smoking
Collecting art
Writing (instrospective diary or actually writing a book)
Shitposting on Veeky Forums

Chess.

White to move. Mate in 4.

Raping young women. Literally the hobby of the guy OP posted.

Rxe5?

>I have hard time believing your enjoy doing all of that.

I have the same hobbies sans chess and bug collection. I'm also studying French. I windsurf.

I suffer from a depressive disorder. I'd suggest therapy. I also suggest it for myself but am anxious about scheduling a session.

Nope

Liar

Be6+ Bxe6 Be4 Qf5 Bxf5 with mate to follow?

If you mean Bf6 check for the first move, then yes, correct.

Rxe5 fails to f6

5 hours a day on discord shitposting - I wish I could stop

And by Be6 I meant Bf6. Let's try again.
Bf6+ Bxf6
Be4+ Qf5
Bxf5+
Qxh7++

Sly 2

I design abstract board games

nobody plays them

I need a hobby desu. I know basic music theory and I learned an instrument in high school but I'm really bad at writing music.

Any suggestions on what I should pick up as a hobby?
Any suggestions on how to get better at writing music?

>pipes and pipe tobacco
>cigars
>walking/hiking
>shooting and collecting firearms (especially milsurp)
>listening to music
>occasionally lift

weed

Pharaoh (1999)

Attempted suicide.

>reading is your hobby

Am I pleb?