How should one live?

Serious replies only, please.

One should live trying to carry out activities that make him forget that he's going to die one day. Unironically.

>

I hear a frontal lobotomy does wonders for that.

Live like tomorrow doesn't exist.

Fly like a bird on on high, watch your tears dry.

Don't let go, don't open your eyes.

Keep your glass filled until morning light.

Just hold on for tonight.

Swing from the chan-da-la-hier.

Who in his right mind would do a dissection dressed in an evening suit?

Engage in cultural practices which have been proven to help lower our daily neuroticism. Things like:
>starting a family
>becoming a homeowner
>cleaning your room
>being healthy
>exercising
>going to church

read Plato
stop at Plato

Keep in mind that the most valuable thing you can have is time. Knowing so, live only to have as much time as possible - and try to keep as much of that time to yourself as you can.

a gentleman

maximize pleasure
minimize pain

just b urself :")

Have a family, morals, and hobbies. The rest will sort out itself.

Well, I don't feel like I'm an authority on the topic, but personally I've been trying to live like if I was a big brother to myself, caring and loving about everything I do, trying to look at things from the outside.
I keep the whole existential idea of trying to have an authentic life, so whenever I notice that I do/say something I don't feel comfortable doing/saying or if I think that it's not my true self, I try to purge it away. I don't try to identify with anything, just let things come and go based on if it makes me feel good/strong or "virtuous".

Keeping an objective to focus has also worked wonders lately, I decided that all I want in life is having a good wife and making a loving healthy family to raise children, buying a house in the country while working in a decent job on the town, and raising my kids while teaching them about books/philosophy, sports, movies and everything I know. It's not too ambitious, but it makes me wake up everyday happy knowing that I might reach it.

Also, I keep as a rule that whatever I do I must have a clean conscience afterwards, never trying to feel guilty about what I do.

>wake up
>read book
>practice instrument
>grab alcohol
>read again

>life
>serious
nice meme

Holding a STEM job while reading and writing on your free time :^)

im too much of a poonani to talk to strangers and make friends or even open up to the friends i do have. should i actively work to change this behavior or do i continue living a lonely life with only shallow relationships

fuck if i know, i spend my life browsing imageboards and jerking off lol

As simply and easily as possible.
My hope is to graduate, pursue a PhD, and live somewhere small and close to nature where I can teach, write, maybe raise a family.

I think buying less stuff, browsing the internet less, and staying out of major cities is a pretty universal way to feel happier and more fulfilled.

D E L I C I O U S L Y

Without envy.
Most of my unhappiness stems from envy. If I wasn't to envious I wouldn't have studied things for job security, prestige and money. I wasted almost a decade of my life at uni then worked soul crushing jobs. I then did a Masters of Education and work as a teacher. I wasted many years and nerves because I didn't wnat to be perceived as a loser and ended up being a loser anyway. I accept my position and find solace in books.

With all the complexity and bombast that a human deserves; hating oneself in the moment but loving the path he's on; and always remembering death could be in any step, because his afterlife, even if not thought to be lived, is the most important time in a man's life.

Do shit that makes you happy and doesn't destroy you physically and/or mentally. Nothing else matters.

i hope you succeed

Thanks user

Is it possible to live like de Sade in this day and age? Like Gilles de Rais? They were aristocrats in their time. Is there really an elite today that can indulge in this sort of sadism?

With sincerity.

>believing in death
kek

>serious replies only
You won't find your answer that way.

here are some tips
>purging all shame that isn't related to living in-authentically. I will never apologize for myself
>identifying with the higher form of myself
>projecting my failings onto strangers. I try to avoid friends b/c this would just be morally shitty
>living for a higher purpose
>creating a personal narrative where you are on an constant upward course

Veganically.

Once

Never, not at all ideally, but that's obviously off of the table as an option once we're brought into existence by others' inabilities to abstain from fucking, so beyond that, one should probably live by not causing others to experience existence against their own will, that is, to live in such a way that doesn't compel others' existences via copulation or otherwise, (assuming technological advancements ever allow humans to produce human life without the need for sexual intercourse) the way we've all been compelled into experiencing existence by our predecessors' carelessness, thoughtlessness, mindlessness, other words synonymous with these aforementioned ones, of course, etcetera and so forth in perpetuity.

I'm becoming more and more crippled by my fear of running out of time and ultimately death, and this fear prevents me from doing anything. What do I do?

>not at all ideally
not at all, ideally*
This has been your friendly neighbourhood Grammar Nazi patrol.

Live your life with failure and success. Never live your life with neither.

jesus christ man, sandpaper that edge

It's not how should one live, but how could one live his life? In what ways?

you can't maximize pleasure if you minimise pain

ignore that this is from vice
www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJDSi_ZXp0E

With purpose. One should live with purpose.

What purpose? Well, that's entirely up to the individual. But the pursuit of something larger than oneself is probably the most fulfilling way to spend your life.

Someone who's getting painted.

Your problem isn't one of ignorance, you're perfectly aware of what needs to be done. Your problem is motivation. Work on that.

Take things easy and calm.
Do not regrett your past.
Do not fear your future.
Do not strive to move fast, but to avoid stopping.
Only you decide what matters and what does not.

imitatio christi m8

- Tell the truth.
- Do not do things that you hate.
- Act so that you can tell the truth about how you act.
- Pursue what is meaningful, not what is expedient.
- If you have to choose, be the one who does things, instead of the one who is seen to do things.
- Pay attention.
- Assume that the person you are listening to might know something you need to know. Listen to them hard enough so that they will share it with you.
- Plan and work diligently to maintain the romance in your relationships.
- Be careful who you share good news with.
- Be careful who you share bad news with.
- Make at least one thing better every single place you go.
- Imagine who you could be, and then aim single-mindedly at that.
- Do not allow yourself to become arrogant or resentful.
- Try to make one room in your house as beautiful as possible.
- Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not to who someone else is today.
- Work as hard as you possibly can on at least one thing and see what happens.
- If old memories still make you cry, write them down carefully and completely.
- Maintain your connections with people.
- Do not carelessly denigrate social institutions or artistic achievement.
- Treat yourself as if you were someone that you are responsible for helping.
- Ask someone to do you a small favour, so that he or she can ask you to do one in the future.
- Make friends with people who want the best for you.
- Do not try to rescue someone who does not want to be rescued, and be very careful about rescuing someone who does.
- Nothing well done is insignificant.
- Set your house in perfect order before you criticize the world.
- Dress like the person you want to be.
- Be precise in your speech.
- Stand up straight with your shoulders back.
- Don't avoid something frightening if it stands in your way -- and don't do unnecessarily dangerous things.
- Do not let your children do anything that makes you dislike them.
- Do not transform your wife into a maid.
- Do not hide unwanted things in the fog.
- Notice that opportunity lurks where responsibility has been abdicated.
- Read something written by someone great.
- Pet a cat when you encounter one on the street.
- Do not bother children when they are skateboarding.
- Don't let bullies get away with it.
- Write a letter to the government if you see something that needs fixing -- and propose a solution.
- Remember that what you do not yet know is more important than what you already know.
- Be grateful in spite of your suffering.

Updated Epicureanism.

Live thinking that, if anything goes wrong, you have the option to end it all. Live as you wish until it is no longer possible