To get to the point...

To get to the point, can anyone recommend me some uber confusing/hard books that if i read for 2 hours a day i would be able to read Shakespeare like a kiddy novel? Also I'm willing to read for 2 days straight in the weekends without sleep or food if it's what it takes

Some background... I need to boost my reading level (e.g. how much detail/information i can retain from reading text) to god tier levels in 2 weeks (for an exam) otherwise i'm saying goodbye to my lifelong dream job. I also need to be able to read quite quickly - exam gives enough time for say 42 seconds per question... e.g. say a typical block is 600 words of stimuli for 3 questions about the text

I've only started reading books with the purpose of getting better about a week ago (charles dickens and another book wings of the dove by henry james) for about 30 minutes a day (i know its shit) and i'm somewhat getting better but i still need to reread texts.

If anyone else experienced a similar position any advice is greatly appreciated

I would slave to have that woman.
I would get gang raped by 10 black guys while my dad watches to have her.

you have fine tastes user

the exam is two weeks from now

desu just take an adderall before the exam

She has a mongolian face, so no.

What fucking kind of a job is that? Anyway, you can't read for 2 days without sleeping. It'll be 95% slower. If you get sleep it'll be more productive.

god fucking damnit, fuck you user. Thanks for reminding me how shit my life is now that I've graduated and lost my adderall connect.

but what if i will through it?
and on the exam i'd be fresh so having gone through the experience would it make me read better?

>can anyone recommend me some uber confusing/hard books that if i read for 2 hours a day i would be able to read Shakespeare like a kiddy novel?
>I need to boost my reading level to god tier levels in 2 weeks
That's now how it works. You won't be able to become a "god tier" reader in a matter of weeks simply by reading one very difficult book. More likely, you will have gotten nothing out of the book you attempted to read (it will all go over your head) and you will have wasted your time. Similarly, you can't go to the gym and bench 500 lbs one time to instantly become jacked. It's a gradual process. If you only need to retain basic factual information from relatively straightforward passages, look up speed reading I guess. I don't know anything about it really but it sounds like what you need. Good luck.

Best ass of tonight
tfw whe i never gonna f*ck that

Is it an aptitude test?

hey thats really good advice i appreciate it.
looked into speed reading and found apps, what if i do speed reading and put lots of hours do you think i'll get there or see some considerable improvement?

No idea about speed reading because like I said I pretty much only know what it is and what its for. As far as reading, go for something that's moderately challenging for you. Reading challenging material allows you to improve in that respect (i.e. reading increasingly more challenging material), as it will improve your vocabulary, etc. but I don't think it will improve speed. My friend is an english phd candidate and he reads slower than I do, despite being more well read (and more intelligent) than I am. I haven't noticed reading more to affect my reading speed, only my ability to read for extended periods of time without getting distracted. People who don't read often can barely read 5 pgs without checking their phone or getting antsy. I can sit down and read 50-100 pgs in one sitting uninterrupted with no concentration problems.

Well, that's fucking excessive. At worst I'd get gang raped by 5 black guys before my dad.

ok i see. just wondering how long does it take you to read the 50-100 pages in one sitting?

I know that you said there is no one difficult book that if you read you can become a god at reading but can you still suggest some difficult/confusing books that really require focus to understand?

this user is right, but immersion is a very real thing one can do. learning can be done through constant interaction, just like language. if you immerse yourself in hard abstract concepts, the process of working your way to understand them eventually opens you up towards them, as long as you are interacting with them. but it's not instant like you'd like.

tl;dr you're screwed and should probably just buy/download a book on how to read for academic lit exams

well i still got two weeks, what if i put in maximal effort i think i can do it?

Interesting metrics, so you guys draw the line at 11 and 6 blacks respectively? Quantifying qualia is always a trip. Maybe it wasn't your father, your uncle? Could you bump it up to 12 or 7? Personally I don't see what the huff is all about, she looks deformed, like her top half doesn't belong to the bottom.

well post some more videos then ya noodle

Juicy af. In the words of Zizek 'my got' .

>she lost that modeling competition
>didn't even make top 3
we should all be feminists

Who won? Pics please

That's not how things work. You won't learn shit by trudging through a book that is incomprehensible to you. Start easy and work up to harder material.

Dude if you are taking an exam on a specific skill then all you have to practice exam questions over and over. Just google "english comprehension exam" or "test" and do everything. When you get something wrong try to understand how you fucked up (this is how you learn). Keep taking those exams over and over and over and different ones all the time and see how much you improve.

*all you have to do is

>Ana Margarida Alves
wtf i love brazil now

>Portuguese parents
>I love Brasil now
Hmmmmmmmmmm

That's... that's not how reading levels work. Find out as closely as possible what's on the test, and study that. Reading random books for a total of 6-7 hours is pointless.

Women are vile.

Read some old german translated philosophy books or some postmodern door-stopper.

Why did you bump this awful thread?

>Shakespeare is hard

Lmao, try reading Spencer or Chaucer in old English, after that shekspere just seems barely different from contemporary English