Thoughts on blood meridian?

thoughts on blood meridian?

What on earth makes you think Inarritu would be good for Blood Meridian?

We lost our best chances at a great adaptation when Peckinpah died and Apoc Now broke Coppola.

The ideal director for Blood Meridian is Werner Herzog. He pays the right amount of attention to landscapes and seems to personally enjoy McCarthy's prose.

Inarritu is a decent choice for a director.

Memeoa makes no sense for Judge Holden. He's supposed to be a large, baby-faced man. IMO someone like John Goodman makes more sense (might be a little old now).

The Revenant is a pretty good application form to adapt Blood Meridian, imo, although like I said Herzog is a better choice.

Paul Thomas Anderson could probably get a good crack at Blood Meridian if he was allowed to make it a 4 hour film.

1970s Herzog could've done it if he had the budget. Present day Herzog is at his best when doing documentaries now.

I think we all know Inarritu was only brought up because of The Revenant which is just Blood Meridian-lite. I don't think he would do such a good job with the actual novel.

Awful choices for lead actors though, I will fucking smack you one.

Great book, OP. Just try reading some other of Cormac's books first before Blood Meridian or you'd probably find it a little frustrating.

>Movie: Crime and Punishment
>Raskolnikov: Daniel Radcliffe
>Sonia: Sasha Grey

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Director: David Cronenberg
Harry Potter: Jeff Goldblum
Ron Weasley: Jeremy Irons
Hermione: Ian Holm
Albus Dumbledore: the re-animated corpse of Marlon Brando
Prof. Snape: 100 year old Kirk Douglass

Composer: Trent Reznor

Production designer: old rusty pots and pans and a bit of newspaper

somebody really needs to do the harry potter franchise some justice

Judge Holden: Idris Elba.

Blood Meridian should be made into a series:

Cohen brothers as directors
Morricone as composer
John Malkovich as the judge(the one who looks most the part is Vin Diesel, but I don't see him ever accepting a judge role)
I don't know about the kid, it's just got to be a believable young actor

>a series:
Wouldn't that get old really fast? There's not exactly a whole lot of plot in the classical sense.

Not in the classical sense, no. You're right. But you could follow their bloody adventures and the characters could be fleshed out well without skipping much of what is in the book or forcing narration. It doesn't need to be a very long series. Ten episodes at most and you're done

Danial day Lewis or tom hardy for the judge

james franco owns the film rights to the book.
james "I fucked up as I lay dying and child of god" franco.

They shouldn't make a movie of it.

Suttree would be a much better movie

I think Dane DeHaan would make a really good Rodya

>that faggy actor being the Judge

I'm actually mad as fuck

>Movie: Infinite Jest
>Director: Will Smith
>Hal and all other roles: Steve Buscemi
>Will Smith cameo as himself: Will Smith
>Composer: Will Smith
>Executive Producer: Nicolas Cage

Obviously Malick should direct

BUT WHO WILL PLAY THE DINOSAURS?

The kid: Jordi El NiƱo
The Judge: Idris Elba
John Joel Glanton: Samuel L Jackson
The Ex-Priest: Keith David
Toadvine: Gus from Breaking Bad

I don't know about the cast, but the composer should be gorecki or Jonny greenwood they would be perfect.

Gravitys Rainbow
Directed by Paul Thomas Anderson
Slothrop by Zac Effron
Katje by Maisie Williams
Blicero by Arnold Schwarzenegger
Enzian by Bill Cosby

bump

ah, blood meridian, monsieur? that novel is the sark and chaparral of literature, the filament whereon rode the remuda of highbrow, corraled out of some destitute hacienda upon the arroya, quirting and splurting with main and with pyrolatrous coagulate of lobated grandiloquence. our eyes rode over the pages, monsieur, of that slatribed azotea like argonauts of suttee, juzgados of swole, bights and systoles of walleyed and tyrolean and carbolic and tectite and scurvid and querent and creosote and scapular malpais and shellalagh. we scalped, monsieur, the gantlet of its esker and led our naked bodies into the rebozos of its mennonite and siliceous fauna, wallowing in the jasper and the carnelian like archimandrites, teamsters, combers of cassinette scoria, centroids of holothurian chancre, with pizzles of enfiladed indigo panic grass in the saltbush of our vigas, true commodores of the written page, rebuses, monsieur, we were the mygale spiders too and the devonian and debouched pulque that settled on the frizzen studebakers, listening the wolves howling in the desert while we saw the judge rise out of a thicket of corbelled arches, whinstone, cairn, cholla, lemurs, femurs, leantos, moonblanched nacre, uncottered fistulas of groaning osnaburg and kelp, isomers of fluepipe and halms awap of griddle, guisado, pelancillo.