Frozen served a political purpose: to demonstrate that a woman did not need a man to be successful...

>Frozen served a political purpose: to demonstrate that a woman did not need a man to be successful. Anything written to serve a political purpose (rather than to explore and create) is propaganda, not art.
Frozen was propaganda, pure and simple. Beauty and the Beast (the animated version) was not.

What did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5lGoQhFb4NM
youtube.com/watch?v=uuwfgXD8qV8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I agree with him, I also think that any art that challenges my ideological beliefs is propaganda

Propaganda tells you what to think, art tells you what to think about.

technically everything is propaganda.
if you dont already know this, you're kinda dumb.

Looks don't matter, but luckily the beast turned back into a 6'4 model after they kissed or whatever gay shit they did

thats not true, what makes propaganda is intent

why do we take this chump seriously?
its not like he's chomsky or anything

Menes

Intent is assumed if it's not already clear. The creator has to take some responsibility for that or he's not doing his job.

this is getting embarrasing

Chomsky is worthless though.

Veeky Forums really does some Anne of Green Gables shit to male youtubers. I don't know why all those youtube whores think we're not polite to them; we've never dug out the fact they've been to see Frozen too many times for them, and I think they ought to value our discretion.

Peterson is more relevant than Chomsky.

Meanwhile Shrek and Fiona turned back into green swamp ogres since they liked it better. Dreamworks > Disney

>its not like he's chomsky or anything

Hermonie on the suicide watch

What about indoctrination? Is that intent as well?

all hollywood movies are capitalist state propaganda. The sum of hollywood lobbies and corporate interests results on a pretty accurate reflection of the state power structure. The military industrial complex' attaches in hollywood can decide which scripts get greenlighted and which don't. behind the veneer of liberal feminism lurks good old american militarism.

youtube.com/watch?v=5lGoQhFb4NM

youtube.com/watch?v=uuwfgXD8qV8

Joss Whedon is forced to take input from military attaches, legions of neurotic adults obsessed with children's comic books, tumblr, studio focus groups, Chinese consumers, brand sponsors and marketing strategists.

This all stems from Peterson's core mystification, that different forms of truth can be "contained" within other forms of truth, in this case aesthetic and political truth. What Peterson can not accept is that something can be incredibly authentic on one level of truth and inauthentic on another level. For example, it is totally possible for a person to be spiritually authentic but morally corrupt. These are all different forms of "truth" but they do not fundamentally exist on the same matrix.

While I think Frozen is a disgusting piece of trash, I also think Peterson's criticism of it is very limited & it no longer functions when you apply a different concrete example. Peterson's favorite (Dostoyevsky) wrote several works for political purposes, as well as Solzhenitsyn, yet there is still aesthetic value in both

so peterson is propaganda?

literally Žižek says pure ideology actually a textbook case don't even like slavoj but this is 150 proof

>Implying a demonstration is not an exploration

What a fucking idiot.

Yes.

Art is the product of a creative process. The message the author wants to convey is irrelevant: art has to consider HOW it was conveyed.

>telling women they don't need men in order to succed is propaganda
>telling women that they need men in order to succed is not propaganda

Wow, what a completely unbiased opinion! I'm already feeling "redpilled"!

you are right, we should be honest and tell women that they can't be successful at all.

Peterson is Deepak Chopra tier

>Anything written to serve a political purpose (rather than to explore and create) is propaganda, not art.
lol what a fucking hypocrite. pretty sure he has The Gulag Archipelago on his favorite books list. i hope he writes off 99% of all literature as "not art" as well.