ITT: You can't speak intelligently about the world until you've read this book

I'll start.

Other urls found in this thread:

antiworld.se/project/references/texts/The_Society _Of _The _Spectacle.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Obligatory.

Allahu Akbar

Really pleased to see a wave of Homage posting recently

This is overrated and reads more like propaganda about propaganda, but decent choice.

There are grown adults who don't know how their government works. P shocking desu.

>tfw you suck so much both the left and right hate you and you lose to a living meme

Sowell

>left and right
americans everyone

>Pretending you can derive any sense of present day American government and/or law by reading constitutional text literally.

antiworld.se/project/references/texts/The_Society _Of _The _Spectacle.pdf

I, for one, consider thomas sowell a 'based negro'

These are the only worthwhile works itt.

t. Ayn Rand's ghost

One of the essential texts for those who want to discuss politics as it is, instead of as you wanted it to be.

Other authors that could be mentioned are Vilfredo Pareto, Robert Michels, Gaetano Mosca, James Burnham and Carl Schmitt.

Its funny because outside of procedure he's completely correct.

How many people know shit like 'Roberts Rules' on a technical level, or, alternitively, how many people have an idea for how decisions are made in Washington?

The knowledge isn't hidden or anything, it's just technical to the point where it requires study beyond our founding text.

Eh, I'd rank Hayek's Use of Knowledge as higher necessity to read.
It's a shame Sowell will never receive a Nobel laureate. Knowledge and Decisions, Conflict of Visions, Marxism, and so many essays he's written are so engrossing.

That's a lot of information for a book cover. I like it, although the acronym thing is kind of forced.

Sowell is mediocre at best.

democrats are the real racest confirmed

Have you read A Conflict of Visions?

Why is it that we can't just ban /pol/ posters...

What are you talking about?

>Why is it that we can't just ban /pol/ posters...
I agree on the cheap shills but a book many people regard as "imporant" is required reading, whether you agree or not. Detox with one of your own filter bubble afterwards if you must, or just synthesise/integrate/deconstruct what you've read.

also I am not OP, residue from another thread

top tier

Sowell is a good writer but why the fuck would he win a Nobel prize?

There's no book that will actually teach you to understand the world, or that you're unqualified to talk about the world without having read. Only yourself, your own efforts, and your own forcing of your reason to examine aspects of life critically and unbiasedly can do that. Even an illiterate peasant could have a better grasp of the world than most people on Veeky Forums.