D-did you all forget about me?

d-did you all forget about me?

No, amazing meme and even more amazing=translation.

Zettels Traum thread

my copy came the other day

what ive read of it has actually been pretty funny, its pretty much what i was expecting (german sex jokes and weird poe/joyce references) but im enjoying it so far

also no way is it as dense as finnegans wake

If I have extra money you bet I'll get it. Current hard meme book queue is super long, and the release of Women and Men will just make it longer

this shit's stupid.

>women and men
>release
ha

>amazing translation
>couldn't even translate the title right
is there any reasoning behind calling it bottom's dream, because 'bottom' is not what
'zettel' means

this is explained on the wiki page jesus christ user

well, then the translation from 'zettel' to 'bottom' makes sense (still doesn't catch all of its meaning), but wieland's translation of 'bottom' to 'zettel' is kinda stupid

I never understoos what's with all those marks and symbols

Why don't you faggots read some of Schmidt's shorter stories like Leviathan, Schwarze Spiegel or Aus dem Leben eines Fauns?
Why does Veeky Forums always flock towards the big meme works so they're in on the joke instead of giving Schmidt's other works a chance?

i think that this along with the fact that "bottom" can be translated into german as "opoe" (o=Poe) makes it valid.
but ive read all of his short stories along with scenes from the life of a faun and leviathan (also attempted reading a scan of evening edged in gold uploaded here but some of the pages were so blurry i had to give up).

How much did it cost you? It's so expensive in the UK

i own it. havent touched it. shame on me

i have read schmidt's earlier works you faggot

stop projecting your own illiteracy on others

£35 off amazon
stupid nigger

>"bottom" can be translated into german as "opoe" (o=Poe)
not really

still the title in its current translation misses a level of meaning in the original title, i.e. schmidt used a zettelkasten (box of notes/slips of paper) akin to that of luhmann to write this book. zettel's traum now is what the notes/slips of papers in the box dreamt up, but "note' sdream"/"dreams of slips of paper" would've sounded pretty awful.

y-yeah hahahahah...

I have a book of his short stories that I love and read through every few months. Cut it out.

im wicked gay
dzanc can go fuck themselves
sturenburg stories is the funniest shit

read the first 20 pages, now its a table coaster.

does anyone have that picture of the guy holding bottom's dream with the sunglasses in that book store?

He looks like a fag

I just bought this book for the sole purpose of it being a novelty

It's not september yet you fuck, I'll get to it then.

bump

Hey, well, same t bh

It's entirely worth it, even if just for this purpose. You can bring out and show it to friends, read a few pages here and there, it's an endless well of entertainment. Both the original and the translation deserve more attention. I'm glad it got memed here, even briefly.

I bought the book when it was released so I didn't have to pay a large sum for it later on