Womyn philosophers

Is there any good female philosophers??

No.

ayn

Yes

>42. No woman has yet been touched by any genuine philosophical concern whatever.

- Orgy of the Will

Of course.

We arent in middle school anymore guys

Move over plebs. Let the heavyweight champion come through.

>Anne Conway
English philosopher whose work, in the tradition of the Cambridge Platonists, was an influence on Gottfried Leibniz. Conway's thought is original as it is rationalist philosophy, with hallmarks of gynocentric concerns and patterns, and in that sense it was unique among seventeenth-century systems.[1]

>Damaris Cudworth Masham
English theological writer and advocate for women's education who is characterized as a proto-feminist. She overcame some weakness of eyesight and lack of access to formal higher education to win high regard among eminent thinkers of her time. With an extensive correspondence, she published two works, A Discourse Concerning the Love of God (1696) and Thoughts in reference to a Vertuous or Christian Life (1705). She is particularly noted for her long, mutually-influential friendship with the philosopher John Locke.

>Christine of Pizan
Her early and later allegorical and didactic treatises reflect both autobiographical information about her life and views and also her own individualized and humanist approach to the scholastic learned tradition of mythology, legend, and history she inherited from clerical scholars and to the genres and courtly or scholastic subjects of contemporary French and Italian poets she admired. Supported and encouraged by important royal French and English patrons, she influenced 15th-century English poetry. Her success stems from a wide range of innovative writing and rhetorical techniques that critically challenged renowned writers such as Jean de Meun, author of the Romance of the Rose, which she criticized as immoral.

>Elisabeth of the Palatinate
She influenced many key figures and philosophers, most notably René Descartes. She is most famous for questioning Descartes' idea of Dualism, or the mind being separate from the body, in addition to questioning his theories regarding communication between the mind and body. The written correspondence of Descartes and Elisabeth is regarded as an important philosophical document, giving insight into the theoretical debates of the 17th century.

>Marguerite Porete

stfu and take the red pill bookcuck
nobody give a shit for anything that happened more than one decade ago

Her are unironically some of the most amazing, powerful pieces of outsider lit in the past 50 years. She's like an inverted Peter Sotos and I love her.

Her books*

>Is there any good female philosophers??

Turn her into a man and you have a philosopher worth a damn.

Seriously, it's like the only time women crank out good, thoughtful lit is when they are chronically undesired.

so this is how redditors downvote on Veeky Forums.net

>redditors
>belittling women
I think you've got things mixed up my dude

>Seriously, it's like the only time women crank out good, thoughtful lit is when they are chronically undesired
Same is true with men

Source?

I can't tell if you're being ironic or not, but I unironically agree. She dared to be provocative and clashed with just about every commonly held belief about society and the role of sex and gender in its hierarchy. Veeky Forums would worship her if she was a man.

Outcasts are more likely to analyze the in-group and propose changes to the established order of things. This has been true for all of history. It goes against human nature to preach against a system that benefits you.

>>Seriously, it's like the only time women crank out good, thoughtful lit is when they are chronically undesired
>Same is true with men

god I want to be dominated by Camille Paglia so fucking bad

I like Paglia, but she's an establishment toady, even at her most 'radical'. Her ideas are just within the line of acceptably provocative, whereas Dworkin is putting forward some very uncomfortable ideas that should be taken seriously and yet aren't.

Intercourse is one of my favorite books actually

Where to start reading with Dworkin?

I would recommend Intercourse (I'm the poster above you) or Right Wing Women

>some very uncomfortable ideas that should be taken seriously
DUDE ALL SEX IS RAPE LMAO

Is she even a philosopher?

More like heterosexual intercourse necessarily involves a disparity of power entailing either an allowance of bodily occupation, i.e. an element of unilateral trust, or sex by force i.e. rape.

Dworkin has never said this, and I know she hasn't, because I've read her works (and you haven't)

All philosophy is merrily a series of footnotes to Nietzsche.

[human relation] involves a disparity of power
really pulling all the punches i see

To 'pull a punch ' is to refrain from punching as hard as one can. To 'pull out all the stops' is to utilize all your resources. Which did you actually mean?

>Dworkin has never said this
she literally said it in intercourse and then backpedalled hard ("ugh you don't get it!")

ah, so that's why you redditors come here and downvote posts instead of doing it on reddit

>Platonist
Platonism isn't philosophy.
>theologian
Not a philosopher. The best way to insult a theologian is to call them a 'philosopher'.
>a humanist
Not a philosopher.
1/4

nigger

The Greeks

>she literally said it in intercourse

Literally source.

Simone Weil

kys

Philosophy is hardly my thing but I know of Mary Midgley and Donna Haraway. Midgley bores me (but so do many philosophers) and Donna Haraway is too woo for me.
I would suggest checking out Lynn Margulis since her work it is a bit philosophical.