What if the Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka was about Gregor Samsa turning into a loathed NEET instead of an insect?

What if the Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka was about Gregor Samsa turning into a loathed NEET instead of an insect?

It pretty much makes sense. His family doesn't understand him, finds him abhorrent and tries to hide him from other people. His family starts to hate his existence because he provides nothing.

Well, why didn't Kafka just say he had turned into a NEET?

>tfw you view literature through the paradigm of memes.

millennials really have killed the Gutenberg mind

It's a metaphor
I'm so sorry, Franz Kafka. You had never envisioned shitposters molesting your literature.

I guess you could interpret it like that, but personally I think it makes more sense to think that Gregor got TB.

That would explain a lot.

It is about being a slave cuck for an ungrateful family.
Just read how he talks about his job, him having to comute, pay off debts, slave for an unapreciative boss at a firm he despises, dreaming of one day abandoning all.

Yeah, even I thought it was either TB or he suffered a mental breakdown.

literature board and you go assuming all "Die Verwandlung" is about is Georg getting an actual fucking disease?
You are honestly retarded.

>It is about being a slave cuck for an ungrateful family.

That's how I see it too. His self loathing and defeatism is probably rooted from the fact that he can't just get away from it all. In life, sometimes you just want to fuck off and die, hoping that everything you're attached to will be better off but that barely ever happens. More than likely his family in real life would've gone bankrupt too, his sister would have turn into prostitution, both his parents would've died soon after. We all wish we could have just an apple(tumor) stuck on our back, sleep it off and die but death is honestly a privilege and for most of us, it is a privilege we cannot afford.

Considering that Kafka was, like most jews, plagued by sickness most of his life, I think it's a given that it might have influenced this story about alienation.

>One morning, when Gregor Samsa woke from troubled dreams, he found himself transformed in his bed into a NEET.

It's about telling your family you want to become an artist

maybe kafka was allegorically expressing her experiences as a transgender woman

Ah, are you redpilled as well?

Praise kek, my /pol/ack brother

A number of the great works of western literature are actually about gender dysphoria. DFW and Kafka were definitely trannies, for one

you forgot hemingway

It's about alienation itself, the pure feeling without the need to get bogged down in details or histories. Becoming a bug can mean literally anything, since alienation is essential to multiple areas of human experience.

It's about transitioning (ftm) and how the society starts rejecting him

In that case it would be more about his family getting a wake-up call out of their own NEET-DOM.

But Gregor turning into a neet would undermine the other important element in Gregors life in the metamorphosis which is that he is a hard working and honest individual who tries hard to be accepted and respected by his family to no avail. To be a NEET and to still do that makes little sense and to be a genuine NEET makes the disdain towards Gregor deserved and no makes the purpose of the metamorphosis meaningless.

The story, like most of Kafka's, is deliberately ambiguous. He could be insane or he could have turned into a vermin.

His family's shock and horror soon turns to boredom and irritation but this is fairly normal for his work. More importantly, the only person to confirm he is an insect is himself. Everyone else is just disgusted by his appearance, whateve it is.

Plz do not take the story as an allegory tho. Kafka is best enjoyed taken at face value because it let's you enjoy the humour and imagery he conjures.

The value of at the prison colony and the vulture are lost altogether by those who look at them only as metaphors and not actual events occuring.

What the fuck all of you are talking about? It clearly says he was turned into an actual insect. How hard is it for you to understand? He turned into an insect, it's really that simple.

Technically OP is right except for the word 'instead'. When he turned into an insect he couldn't work nor attend any classes, so yes, he was a NEET.