Why

Guys, I'm not Veeky Forums at all. I want to read a lot of philosophy. All this internet, buzzfeed, business insider, parents giving dildos to 7 year olds on youtube, etc. It doesn't make sense to me, any of it. There is no satisfaction or fulfillment in any of this.

I need to expand my consciousness. What kind of philosophical literature can you folks recommend? I honestly want to read it all, so I can have more perspective.

You'll want to start with Thales and Anaximander

Start with the Greeks

Picture related is all you need

I'd suggest a good history of philosophy book before starting with the Greeks. Durrant was pretty good but I wanted to check out Copleston when I have time. Very Short Introduction has a lot of useful stuff on specific concepts or thinkers too.

go to because you dont actually want real philosophy a la start with the greeks. you want cheap self help drivel tied in with some spiritual enlightenment bullshit.

you'll grow out of it when you stop being a teenager

start with the greeks

It sounds like you want to understand the basis of Western Civilization. Read the Western Canon. In particular,
>start with the Greeks.

I have been looking for a PDF for ages.
Does anybody have it?

begin with Huxley

also dont read any stupid theist books

>don't read the vast majority of literature before 1900

Welcome, user. I'm glad that you've taken the first step in the right direction. It's true that you should start with the Greeks but it's unlikely that you have read any book at all recently. I'll post some charts for you that will give you an idea of where to start. If you're really serious about reading to better yourself and your worldview I recommend that you buy a Kindle reader. They have great tools for looking up unfamiliar words and things you don't understand. It's very easy to download .epub/.mobi files of just about any book you can think of. This is what I did in the winter of 2015 after having been a potential-wasting /v/irgin for so long and I've never looked back. If you can't buy an ereader I'd suggest going to a decent library nearby and getting a card. You've just got to start reading any way that you can.

These are books that are well worth your time but that are very easy to read.

This is how to start with the Greeks.

Here's a brief survey of the best of the Western Canon.

Here's something that may help you. I dunno, man, I just saved it from a thread one time.

Finding the right translation for your personal tastes is more important than you may think.

>Paradise Loft
>More important than the Divine Comedy and Don Quixote
Americans.

Here's the most recent "top 100" chart. You can't really fail with anything on this list, in my opinion.

They're both in there though, goober.

>tfw no quiet bookstore cafe called Paradise Loft

And here's some "exit level" books for if you just really want to fuck your shit up.

I hope this helps you. There are answers to the questions you have. It's up to you to find them.

>parents giving dildos to 7 year olds on youtube
we slowly getting full lolita eh

Step 1: Cancel your internet
Step 2: You are free