Have you ever corresponded with a writer you admire...

Have you ever corresponded with a writer you admire? I'd like to write to someone I've been reading lately but I have no idea what to say other than some fanboy faggotry.

I've corresponded with a few academics. Just be to the point and bring up shared mutual interests in what you study and they research.

I wrote to Gene Wolfe about a year and a half ago. He didn't write back, unfortunately.

I sometimes wonder if John Green posts here. Hi John

I corresponded with Pinecone's agent(s) and/or lawyer(s) after extensively, and I mean EXTENSIVELY, masquerading as him on various forums, pretending to leak future plots (some of which weren't far off (from my conversations with his agent-lawyer I deduced his last novel is set during the American Civil War AND The 1970s)), discussing Shakespeare conspiracy theories, and more or less flaunting my useless knowledge of Joyce, Dante, et al., in an effort to generate some sort of buzz in this strange neighborhood of ours.

>>Japanese insurance salesman?

Lie.

>>Willy Wonka?

Lie.

>>A face full of snakes?

Why, why, join or die (again).

Tell him you are aramani, heck just locate aramani on one of these threads and get him to put you in touch with Wolfe himself.

I've thought about sending Nick Land this meme on twitter

I've written to Luc Sante, Harold Bloom, Zachary Leader, Adam Begley, Ray Monk,and Bruce Duffy. Those are the ones I remember. May have tried Amis. Bloom was the only one who responded.

>tfw you follow Land on Twitter

I've sometimes thought of engaging him in discussion. He certainly seems open to bantering with other tweeters.

>implying he didn't make that

I'd have to preform a seance to be able to communicate with most of them.

Yes I have. Then he wrote me a story and cast me as the protagonist. It was lovely.

Bloom himself got back to you? Post it already!

Bloom got back to me when I emailed him, too. It was just a short note, but he did respond. His email address is literally on his page on the Yale website, he's like Chomsky. You can email him whatever you want.

I don't know why but I want to see Kantbot and Land engage each other over twitter for the bantz.

Yeah but what did it say? I imagine that given his condition he has someone who types up all his replies and I'm sure his speed reading allows him to get through a lot of emails quickly.

I tweeted at Land a couple of times but he's always ignored it.

all my heroes are dead

>I don't know why but
You're a merrishit pseud

Who is Aramani?

Veeky Forums's resident Gene Wolfe fanboy.