Is Norm Veeky Forums?

I thought this was pretty funny. Not great, but pretty good. There were parts that I think were much more aware than most other books written by showbiz people.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h-jfLIssw0E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Literature!
@#$%^^@#%
@#$%^^@#%
@#$%^^@#%

You sound like a real jerk.

Just because Norm's entire shtick is an accute sense of normalcy and pushing past it doesn't make him Veeky Forums.

Ok well does anyone want to talk about this book then?

Anybody read it?

No we don't read gay celeb shit like this. Kill yourself

Yeah Norm MacDonald is just some gay celebrity just like any other celebrity.

>Tell me if it's okay to like this book Veeky Forums!

I'm not asking if it's ok to like it, I'm trying to facilitate discussion about it.

It's not a popular book and the number of people in Veeky Forums who've read it are very few.

Yeah, I figured as much. Just wanted to get some variety here. I hope some people on Veeky Forums do pick it up though, even if just as a palate cleanser between more intensive reads.

i thought it was hysterical, the bit about rodney dangerfield in particular was genius
i lent it to my dad and was kind of disappointed that he didn't like it though
(also was disappointed by the recurring joke about the transgender woman)
but mostly i was very impressed with how norm's deadpan meandering delivery translated so well into prose. there were a lot of legitimately beautifully written passages that also just sounded like norm talking out loud (i'm remembering in particular one passage about the sky over the desert but unfortunately i don't have the book on me to find it)

I like his comedy and personality and I know norm has gone through almost all tolstoy and most of dosto so he's well read, so I gave it a read. I liked it; would recommend. Good amount of laughs, good amount of introspection.

also bumping with young norm

he is Veeky Forums in the sense that he likes to read literature and shitpost about it.

He says he just wants to write books.
youtube.com/watch?v=h-jfLIssw0E

Hopefully he writes a few novels before he leaves this life.

He said on his twitter at some point that he's working on another novel (not a comedy one), a collection of short stories, and a children's book.

Maybe 100 years from now Norm will be remembered more for being an author than for being a stand up comedian.

Did you guys even read the book? Have you guys ever heard Norm MacDonald speak? The idea that he's going to write more books is a joke. He could barely finish the first one.

A man can dream, ok.

Does anyone have that long twitter chain that was just Norm writing a short story?

Which one? Are you talking about the one where he meets Bob Dylan or the SNL 40th anniversary?

>dry norm macdonald antihumor without the stellar delivery

Don't see the point family

I thought the part where he described being sucked off by an aids ridden tranny was a bit over the top but overall 8/10

I read it.
I liked it.
Do you want to go rollerskating sometime?

E. D. Hirsch's idea of "cultural literacy" can be useful if you're American. The ToC from his New Dictionary:
>The Bible -- Mythology and folklore -- Proverbs -- Idioms -- World literature, philosophy, and religion -- Literature in English -- Conventions of written English -- Fine arts -- World history to 1550 -- World history since 1550 -- American history to 1865 -- American history since 1865 -- World politics -- World geography -- American geography -- Anthropology, psychology, and sociology -- Business and economics -- Physical sciences and mathematics -- Earth sciences -- Life sciences -- Medicine and health -- Technology

yo op i loved it. basically been a disciple of his comedy for years and the novel didnt disappoint. norm seems like a really cool dude - besides being the funniest man alive he seems troubled and eccentric, and he actually has great taste in lit. his twitter is great. his fav writers are like nabokov and dostoevsky, speak memory his favorite book too

fav parts were when he's thrown out of sarah silverman's apartment for being clueless and when he met jesus in atlantic city, or maybe it was vegas it's been a while

I read the entire thing with his voice in my head. It was great.

Really made me lose my shit a few times.