Does Veeky Forums like French lit?

Its barely discussed on here.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/y8ofjF4_e1Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

SHE DIED HUGGING HER CHILDREN? WHAT MOTLEY ASSEMBLAGE OF SOAP OPERA BULLSHIT WAS THIS NOVEL? AND LET US NOT FORGET THE PREGNANT WOMAN HOBBLING ABOUT WITH A FUCKING HEAD.

I would love to know French so I could read Auguste Villiers de l'Isle-Adam and Erckmann-Chatrian.

What are the best classic french works besides les miserables and candide?

Count of Monte Cristo
Madame Bovary
Papa Goriot

20th century French lit sucks

t. Français

Honte à toi.

Daily reminder to read Céline
youtu.be/y8ofjF4_e1Y

Prouve-moi faux

>Beckett
Irish
>Simon
brony
>nouveau roman
lol
>Sartre & friends
lol

The Stranger and Journey to the End of the Night get a lot of threads. Stendhal and Balzac a bit less but still occasional. Monte Cristo was pretty comfy. A lot of interest in Rimbaud's boipussi here

It is discussed quite a lot:
>Proust
>Camus
>Houellebecq
>Foucault

There is always a thread or two where one of these guys is being discussed. French literature is great, but the French are insufferable.

>but the French are insufferable.
What do you mean exactly?

Prose or poetry?

Saint-John Perse, Giono, Montherlant, Valéry, Gide, Mauriac, Perec, Céline, Péguy, Verhaeren, Bernanos, Claudel, Segalen, Apollinaire, Duras, Proust, Char, Robbe-Grillet.

Lis plus.

Tu n'en vaux pas la peine... These kids lol, baka.

Gracq, Tournier, Butor, etc, etc.

>French literature is great, but the French are insufferable.
this is true
most of them have either an inferior complex, or a superiority complex, or some mixture of both/other ones that make them an absolute chore to talk with

What are good books for learning French? Vocab and verb endings seem easy enough but I find grammar difficult.

balzac, flaubert, yourcenar, the list could go on

Just yesterday bought Le Rouge et Le Noir from a cute Parisian bookshop. Mainly bought it because Macron had it open on his desk for his official presidential portrait and I want to know what he meant by this.

>>>>>>nouveau roman

Biggest joke ever lmao

>Robbe-Grillet regarded many earlier novelists as old-fashioned in their focus on plot, action, narrative, ideas, and character. Instead, he put forward a theory of the novel as focused on objects: the ideal nouveau roman would be an individual version and vision of things, subordinating plot and character to the details of the world rather than enlisting the world in their service.

"we can't compete or even write something as good as the old novels, fuck it i have a new idea which is completely autistic, old novels suck lul" - definition of Nouveau Roman.

>3 writers
>list
no.

according to /pol/ macron is secretly red-pilled and wants to become the monarch of france. not sure if your reading confirmed those suspicions

thatsthejoke.7z

Camus, Flaubert, Proust, Balzac, Zola, Voltaire, Hugo, Stendhal, Dumas, Baudelaire, Verne, Saint-Exupery, La Fontaine.

Where's the joke?

Who is the French Shakespeare or what is the French Faust?

>posting unironically
how deep are you on the spectrum?

proust?

>inb4 some faggot says Beckett doesn't count because he's irish

>Vocab and verb endings seem easy enough but I find grammar difficult.
Have you tried learning a language before? French grammar is so similar to English grammar it almost feels like one is cheating when learning it.

>Who is the French Shakespeare
Racine and Molière.

>i was merely pretending to be retarded
refrain from posting you dumb fuck.

>t. français
>prouve-moi faux
>faux

Tu t'es toi-même prouvé faux francophone.

>says inb4 after something happens
The fuck is wrong with you?

french not jewish

French is a cultural signifier, not an ethnic one. Proust is French.

No, French is an ethnicity and Proust is a jew.

So many idiots on this site.

The best equivalent would be Corneille actually.

PPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFAHAHAHAHA REGARDEZ-MOI CE GROS PLÉBÉIEN