Why do pseuds not understand how the Socratic method works?

Why do pseuds not understand how the Socratic method works?

Politics (and sheer arrogance) aside that's not how you use the socratic method anyway. You're supposed to genuinely want to find out about what you're questioning, not think you already know the answers and use it to show your victims they're wrong by pretending to not know about the subject. That's just stupid and pretentious, and a child could see what you're trying to do

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6n83K-cHHg4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

But what if the the thing in question is too stupid to waste time pretending that it has merit?

Nice quads.
What if Sargon is too stupid to make such a statement? What does Sargon knows about ANYTHING at all? And in what istances has he demonstrated widsom and intelligence?

idk mane
My point was more in general.

>British ad revenhue collector who uses a dorky pseudonym
>relevant to an intelligent person's life

pik 1

Why is it that every time I see or hear about this faggot he's complaining about SJWs. We get it, you don't like them.

Just one of the right's many boogeymen.

This desu.

He doesnt use socratic methods, he is just the mirror of sjws on twitter. He uses the same silly identity politics as they do. Its a huge merry go round of shit, and he is neither intelligent nor scholastic

>Stop asking me questions that point out the flaws in my logic!

>wahhhh BASED SARGOD keeps BTFOING my shitty arguments
Go jerk off to contrapoints, faggot

false flag shitposting is still shitposting

This.

Heh. Socratic meth

Meth

> You're supposed to genuinely want to find out about what you're questioning, not think you already know the answers and use it to show your victims they're wrong by pretending to not know about the subject.

TrumpSayingWrong.webm

You're right, sadly your parents noticed too late.

>he fell for the right/left meme

Socratics are for dipwads anyway. grEEKs R frEEKs

>TrumpSayingWrong.webm
You realize that when Trump said wrong, it was because he couldn't argue with the truth and it was the equivalent of him saying "LALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU"?

Here's a pseud for you.

Truth doesn't exist, ideologue.

What if Sargon only had 140 characters to make an statement with.

...He does?

the pic is retarded, but so are you OP

>not think you already know the answers and use it to show your victims they're wrong by pretending to not know about the subject.
have you actually read socrates? that's exactly what he does you fucking retard.

go back to the greeks

Worng.

on which of plato's dialogues was socrates not clear from the beginning about what was the direction he was trying to go? on which of the dialogues did he learn something from his conversation instead of just guiding the other pleb to the truth? show me 1 example

Wrong.

Nope.

Pretty sure you have Plato confused with Aristotle.

answer the question

whoa thats rough

I just did. You're talking about something else entirely. Try again.

Socrates would disagree with you and claim that any concept or argument is worth seeing to the end.

I think this guy is mixing up the socratic method, or dialogue with the dialectic.

but in case you haven't guessed like all rising starts in the limelight.
maybe what they say at first has some authenticitiy and geniuneness to it.
but then it just develoves into said celebrity trying to keep the limelight on themselves for as long as they can.

but maybe sargon is implying that the SJWs in history have yet to arrive at a consensus wit the rest of the community.
His conclusion is to employ the socratic method so that history can be made whole again instead of fractured off into social justice camps.

Parmenides

>muh personal fanfiction interpretation of socrates' motivations
lol

Agreed, Sargon is a complete idiot.

Dude Socrates said it himself, that he knows only of his ignorance.

The guy geniunely wanted to find the truth.

He was just one of those annoying people that would always come up with a counter point/argument/example that puts yours on thin ice.

His whole schtick was "find the middle ground bro"

he knew he was ignorant.
He wanted to make sure everyone knew they were just as ignorant as he was.

>Dude Socrates said it himself, that he knows only of his ignorance.
unreliable narrator

>His whole schtick was "find the middle ground bro"
that was aristotle and still that's just the pleb reading of aristotle, he is more nuanced: sometimes "the middle ground" is on the extremes, depends on the situation

>he knew he was ignorant.
>He wanted to make sure everyone knew they were just as ignorant as he was.
that wasn't his project at all, that was just a meme he put forward to advance his project

I find you unreliable

good, you are starting to leave behind your pleb ways

What the fuck is with the argument I just witnessed? It's like neither of you are actually interested in an answer, you just want to meme until the other person gives up.

Top kek

>have you actually read socrates? that's exactly what he does you fucking retard.

Nobody has because Socrates didn't write anything.

No, he doesn't. Sargon is a faggot but you clearly don't know Plato's dialogues.

He was denying a baseless claim. That has been asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Bullshit. Tell me what claim he was denying (so that I know you're not just blindly defending him) and I'll give you proof of the claim.

What can be eaten, can be eaten. Including children. Hitchens ignored priorities for actions. Most atheists do.

No he didn't and no they don't. What gave you that ridiculous idea?

That's all well and good except for the fact that, you know, the claim was true and substantiated with plenty of easily available evidence.

Unsurprisingly, wrong is often wrong, as in the case of the Times reporter, whom Trump did mock. But the beauty of wrong is that you don't have to get into all that. That's why it's especially useful in situations where Clinton is definitely, technically right, but there is a (modest) argument to be made that Trump isn’t just being flatly dishonest. It’s telling that he wrong'd on Wednesday’s debate when Clinton insisted that he had supported the Iraq war. Technically, she’s right—Trump said in a Howard Stern show that he was for the war. But in a deeper sense, she is wrong: Trump didn’t “support” the Iraq war because he never really thought about the Iraq war at all! His exact words on Stern, when Stern asked him whether he was for the war, were "Yeah, I guess so." He “supported” the war the same way I support wearing New Balance sneakers. Sure, whatever.

Using a Hitchens quote to defend Trump. That's rich.

>thinks Sargon of Akkad is a serious philosopher and not a political commentator
Jesus OP, I'm a fan of the guy but don't be ridiculous.

He have been making thousands a month by complaining about muh SJWs and feminism for 5 years now

talk about low hanging fruit

>No he didn't and no they don't.
What can be ignored doesn't have to be. Why would it? What if I were to ignore your babble on it?

I always find this phenomena of random YouTube 'personalities' being worshipped very interesting.
What kind of cucks are attracted to shallow personalities who try and impose their world views upon you? What's the appeal of tuning in everyday to some guy spouting his opinions? Why even go so far as to defend these people and indulge in self-sustaining drama?

I'm genuinely curious what forces are at work here.

Isn't that a baseless claim?

>That has been asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence

Can you provide any evidence to support this claim?

>Man who has clearly never studied Plato tells me about the Socratic method

Surely, being intelligent and reasonable denizens of Veeky Forums, we can all see that he doesn't mean 'literally the exact methods that the man Socrates used', and rather that he's referring to the idea of the 'Socratic method' as the phrase is used today, right? And we're all just memeing, pretending that we don't realise the obvious in our desperation to insult/support someone we loathe/like?

If by "Socratic method" he means simply "asking questions" then why not just say asking questions? It's almost as if he's trying to make himself appear more sophisticated and refined.

Because 'asking questions' doesn't accurately describe the method he would be using, and so would be a stupid fucking thing to say. What he's saying is that he would be feigning ignorance and asking a series of questions designed to expose flaws in his opponent's logic, a method much better described to modern English speakers by the phrase 'Socratic method' than 'asking questions', as should be obvious to anybody not being pedantic for the sake of their own agenda.

But the Socratic method doesn't involve "exposing flaws in opponents logic." It's about finding truth, it's not a competition. You're conflating it with classical sophistry so it's a misuse of the term. Sargon is not engaging in philosophy, he's trying to win arguments.

>It's almost as if he's trying to make himself appear more sophisticated and refined
ah, there it is.
/thread

>he thinks Socrates seriously entertained the ideas of retards like Glaucon without knowing them to be wrong
shig-a-dig-dig

>It's like neither of you are actually interested in an answer, you just want to meme until the other person gives up.
Where the fuck do you think you are

quality post

>New balance
The proof's in the footing

Sargon and the BASED KEKISTANpedes will make the SJWs go through all of history and list all of the BASED BLACK MEN for them.

I always find this phenomena of reading politics and philosphy very interesting.
What kind of cucks are attracted to shallow personalities who try and impose their world views upon you? What's the appeal of reading about some guy spouting his opinions? Why even go so far as to defend these people and indulge in self-sustaining drama?

I'm genuinely curious what forces are at work here

They're official drift sneakers idiot I bet you take public transportation

>Not taking a bus with 50 crazy old black coots with canes to keep green
At least I don't borrow my mom's car AND her sneakers.

Shouldn't be hard.

the socratic method literally doesnt work if you dont have an answer in mind

Stop picking on Calgon of Arcadia. You're just too beta for his awezomeness.

t. Sargon

But if your answer is wrong you should be prepared to admit it when you learn more.

>he conflates youtubers with thinkers

Pathetic desu.

Anything can be asserted or dismissed, with or without evidence included.

>he has an inflation fetish

Erotic desu.

EROS!

Euthyphro is inconclusive

Why? Some ideologues said so?

Luddite

He is the embodiment of the alt-right. A beta white male that terrorizes women and exerts his frustration on inanimate objects because he's too much of an idiot to do anything to change his life around. Inhumane, cruel, but ultimately a coward as well.

Beause they get to feel like they know something without thinking

It's mostly Gen Z that worships YouTube. No idea why.

All of these 'alt-right' youtubers and the people that follow them are just disgruntled mensch who don't have any power in the real world so they get off on vicariously DESTROYING dumb lefties. Nietzsche predicted this shit a long time ago

>Nietzsche predicted this shit a long time ago
Source on that?

do you think he and sarkesian had angry sex? they could hate fuck like nobody else except like a jewish princess and hitler

Both of them should disappear.

contrapoints is pretty good looking desu

"ANITA!!!!!!!!!!!!"

>FAT RETARD FAKE LAUGHS AHAHAHAHAHHAHA

"YOU CAN'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

>HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA SNIFFINSF ISFNISFNSHSHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

"ANITA YOU'RE SO STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

>AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHdon'tforgettolikesubscribeandcheckoutmypatreonthanksguysstayuncucked

I legitimately hate every eceleb.

I like Jason Gastrow because he insults basically every eceleb and spends the rest of his time enjoying himself.

that sounds like eceleb gossip which would be 1 level of retardation beyond just directly liking ecelebs

youtube.com/watch?v=6n83K-cHHg4
Here's the video.

Sargons videos are the Youtube equivalent to greentexting. You know that thing retards here do when they don't know how to type or respond to arguments? They just start responding to individual sentences. That's exactly what Sargon does in video form. He'll play a video for 10 seconds and stop to talk for 20 and repeat, and nothing of substance ever gets said.

Isn't that just how you address multiple arguments?

You have to go back

Not at all. It's an idiotic way of arguing when you respond to the post line by line when the argument is meant to be addressed as a whole. It reminds me of those shitty CinemaSins videos. They express some stupid criticism and then it unpauses and their question is answered in the next second, because it's almost like they do it line by line instead of watching the whole movie first.

>videogamedunkey

Yeah, no thanks, manchild.