Are there any great books with the theme "war is good"?

Are there any great books with the theme "war is good"?

blood meme

slaughterhouse 5

Sorel's reflections on violence.

literally any WWII book

Virgil's "Aeneid". Mmm, dat ending tho.

Heraclitus, Nietzsche

Thucydides, also Things They Carried

Thucydides? How so?

von Ranke? Clausewitz? Any militar stratey book?

From memory Sun Tzu actually said it is better to avoid war unless really really necessary

The Iliad. War gives the opportunity for glory.

Thigs They Carried? How so?

ernst jünger ww1 to ww2
thus spoke zarathustra
seemed to me like Marbot enjoyed all his napoleonic campaigns, including russia 1812.

Starship Troopers

Are you memeing

Slaughterhouse Five is not pro-war. You know, a pro-war book probably wouldn't be titled 'Slaughterhouse'. The book spent the majority of the time touching upon the horrors of PTSD, being a prisoner, and the supposedly needless slaughter of the Dresden bombings.

>slaughterhouse 5

Tanakh and Quran.

my diary

being this autistic

Is there a single writer who is cringier than evola?

Idk, are you an author?

Shit bait but it holds a special place in my heart so take your fucking (you)

Pretty much everything by Rudyard Kipling.

At least until his son Jack had his face blown off by a shell in WW I.

Not that guy, but calling somebody autistic doesn't make you less wrong.

At no point in SH5 does Vonnegut give off a "war is good" vibe. The only bit of positive light is shone on the Germans holding them captive, and it's mainly because the Germans weren't torturing the American prisoners like they were their own jewish brethren (candles, etc. made from the fat of killed jews, other holocaust references). I'd go so far as to say that SH5 is one of the most anti-war books out there, just not with a blatant "war is bad" message. It's easy to see that Billy Pilgrim is messed up mentally as a result (PTSD) and Vonnegut spends a good portion of the book explaining how war is nonsense but inevitable because humans are retarded.

Not him but Thucydides is a realist so I guess he just accepts that it'll happen. Related we gotta avoid the Thucydides trap with China.

I enjoyed things they carried, but it's not pro war if I recall. Isn't more like pro lying, because the guy just made up a story as if he went to war but he didn't, right?

I doubt you've read Anabasis.

He's been mentioned once but i need to stress it again: Ernst Jünger.

His diary of the WW1 will be read in a thousand years (if humanity survives as long and then still reads atleast...)

Pic related, in a fucked up Dirty Dozen kind of way.

he's having a giggle

I've met the author (briefly) and his views on war were not exactly positive to say the least

Why? It's not a particularly difficult or obscure book. Unless you're one of those people who thinks that reading a translation doesn't count.

Not really, everyone is so vile in that book and brutality is never glorified in the book, despite how excessive it may be. Despite the heat of the setting it's possibly one of the coldest books I've read.

that's because McCarthy is autistic and doesn't completely understand emotion

I think you would know otherwise if you had read another one of his books, user.

I've also read no country and the road, and for all his depression he does seem like that. If I were to describe it, I would say "cold autistic dark"

Try Suttree and The Border Trilogy sometime. Despite the darkness in his writing, there's undercurrents of warmth. Outer Dark comes to mind too due to the mother's warmth and desperation to find her baby as well as some of the generous characters she visits briefly. Although they're still cold and dark, there's no doubt that there's also moments of charm.

Coldness definitely fits The Road, No Country and Blood Meridian though.

The art of war