What's a book which is

1) relatively modern

2) emotionally and philosophically deep

3) actually enjoyable

You just posted the master of that.

>1) relatively modern
>2) emotionally and philosophically deep
>3) actually enjoyable

Anything by a German. See The Tin Drum by Gunter Grass or anything by Sebald or Thomas Mann. Tomas Mann if you want early 20thc, Sebald if you want late.

Victor Pelevin

define relatively modern

last 40 years

The Lorax by Dr. Seuss.

>emotionally deep
>philsophically deep
pick one.

I can't decide.
You pick.

infinite jest

Almost every Soviet or modern Russian author.

Most modern I can think of that may be relevant is 'Voices From Chernobyl' by Svetlana Alexievich. She won the 2015 Nobel Prize.

heres a goddam question, im reading kaufmann's translation of beyond good and evil for the first time (admittedly the first book in philosophy ive ever read but i would appreciate if you didnt get hung up on this fact) and i have to read every sentence twice to feel like i understand half of it. whats your experience with this

this

not memeing

It's because you don't know how to read philosophy you fucking idiot. Fucking teenager. Go back to reading SAO LNs you cuntmunch. Fuck you.

wtf I hate human decency now

DONT GET HUNG UP ON THE FACT THAT I DONT ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND THE LITERARY GENRE OF PHILOSOPHICAL WRITING OR THE FACT THAT I CHOSE AN 'EDGY' PHILOSOPHER WHO IS INCREDIBLY REACTIONARY TO PAST PHILOSOPHERS WHO I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT, THAT CANNOT BE THE PROBLEM. BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL IS TOTALLY SELF-CONTAINED, AS ARE ALL OF NEECHEES WRITINGS.

nah

houellebecq is vapid

Metro 2033

this man knows.
and so does Viktor

The Foundation for Exploration

The Turner Diaries