Reading in the office

Hey wagecucks and office fags,

What are some techniques you use to avoid being detected while reading at work? My boss would commit murder suicide if she caught me reading on the job, but luckily I hate her, and my career, so the stakes aren't too high.

Tx

are we talking books, online, headphones?

what are you supposed to be doing anyways?

Download an epub and read it on the app if you have a mac.

Books, specifically. I'm supposed to be writing legal memorandums and discovery documents (paralegal)

e-reader on the side

copy paste ebook text into your word document and pretend to be revising something

I just download epubs, convert them into pdf, and make a tiny little box in the bottom corner of my monitor. Finished 5 or a books this way this year.

you could always just skip a step and download the frigging PDFs instead.
>kids these days

hi grandpa, Millenial here. where 2 dl pdfs?

I've read through all of Shakespeare's plays on the MIT website, and read lots of poetry on websites. Just minimize the screen when someone comes by my cubicle.
Read physical books on lunch break.

fucking Libgen like everything else, you mongchild. most of you precious epubs have already been converted to boot and are up there already.

I like getting tge official Kindle version and converting it myself because it usually has less typos and I can format it however I want for free.

I read through a crack in my bench. It's not bad.

Nice, here's my terrible setup—

My job literally advocated a book club.

Tx

Irrelevant post. Be ashamed.

Aren't you guys meant to be working? We have hotdesking and we have to report how many lines of code we wrote a day so I could never do this shit.

>hotdesking
That's what you get for being a code monkey

wow, so youre doing the exact same thing as a junior associate for 1/3 of the pay

the bar is truly a cartel

OP just email yourself the text. everyone is just checking their e-mail all day anyways

We're only allowed our laptops and coffee on our desk which is just a long single bench for 5 or so people. Paper is banned because the boss wanted a minimalist look. I can't believe you guys can get away with this type of thing.

I work in a closed office so I can get away with pretty much anything. You should seriously consider leaving your job thought, sound more like slavery than anything else.

Someone should make an app where it chops books down into 150 characters or less per text and to get the next page you text back

Or page by page.

>I've read through all of Shakespeare's plays on the MIT website, and read lots of poetry on websites. Just minimize the screen when someone comes by my cubicle.
Read physical books on lunch break.

Aww shit son, I do the same exact thing, though I haven't made it through all of Shakespeare yet.

how about just doing your job in good faith?

The books I read are harder than anything I do at work (besides dealing with the people) so the look on my face is convincing.

Bump because I saw this thread but wasn't able to reply until now.

I don't know how you can concentrate doing this. I always covertly shitpost on here and leddit, and in one of my past jobs I was lucky enough to have my back facing a wall. But I never read books because I was constantly shifting back and forth between work and goofing off and my chatty coworker was always spouting out some nonsense.

My latest jobs have been that gay open office environment type of bullshit and I only now implemented the trick of using a Bluetooth keyboard to control my phone and covertly shitpost while occasionally switching it to my work computer. But paranoia and actual work keep me from concentrating on something like a book for too long, lest I get discovered.

Because there are x hours of slacking built into every workplace. If you don't use your share of those hours, they go to Tom's fantasy football team or Cindy's 5th cigarette break.

My suggestion is to take more bathroom breaks and read there. You get to stretch you legs out, and get away from your work and your coworkers. I once had a job where reading on the clock was allowed, but I could never really get into what I was reading while I was surrounded by the work environment.