Name a more influential postmodernist

Name a more influential postmodernist.

Cervantes

Gaddis

William gaddis
Joseph McElroy

Can I just list ones that weren't? it'd probably be easier.

>McElroy

Nobody gives a fuck about McElroy other than the try-hards here and DFW (allusions to SB in Infinite Jest and Mcelory is name dropped in Westward).

He's hardly influential. Gaddis is the most influential post-modernist.

Devi Frosse Walrus

Don Quixote might have had postmodern traits but Cervantes was certainly no postmodernist.

The correct answer is William Gaddis

Foucault

Beckett, Barth, Pynchon, Nabokov & O'Brien all come to mind. Also "proto" postmodernists such as Sterne and Cervantes are probably more influential as well.

I mean he's good, but not influential at all. Not really sure what you're talking about. There are little to no writers heading in the direction of Gass's flatulent syrupy sentences these days

Holy fuck you guys, it's Pynchon

He's a modernist though

If you're going to say Foucault you're going to also have to mention Rousseau, but not before mentioning Marx and his compendium. But postmodernism as a cultural-philosophical movement and as a literary movement are not one in the same and so you're probably wrong from the outset by mentioning F in the first place

Jordan B Peterson

bait

>He's a modernist though
naw b he presents the unpresentable c.f Lyotard BIH

>If you're going to say Foucault you're going to also have to mention Rousseau, but not before mentioning Marx and his compendium.
eh, not really bc rousseau, marx, etc. aren't postmodernists while foucault is.
>But postmodernism as a cultural-philosophical movement and as a literary movement are not one in the same and so you're probably wrong from the outset by mentioning F in the first place
this on the other hand i agree with. i don't even like the term "postmodern" when essentially describing philosophers and literary theorists who are post-structuralists. it confuses things to use a term that already describes a literature/art movement. people who describe foucault, derrida, etc. as "postmodern" are instantly suspicious to me. especially those (*cough* peterson) who lump all postmodern thinkers together as if somehow they are all in agreement with eachother.

John Barth

All wrong.

these

moron

The clearly superior William.

My bad.

The only book of his I've read is Omensetter's luck. Obviously it was a neat experience but even he himself describes his work as modernist. Degenerated modernism that is, and no, it's not post-anything, he came late to the party adding his two cents into the dregs of the movement, interjecting himself into a lineage he devoted his entire life to understand

Injecting, not interjecting

sage

Me.

Yeah, I'd agree. Even The Tunnel seems pretty modernist to me.

Gaddis.

I forget how we define Postmodernism, is it being wrong and proud of it? Ken Ham might be your guy.

Who is better, gass or gaddis? Never read anything by either but im going to shortly and im wondering who to start with first. I guess they were pretty good buddies interestingly enoigj

>postmodern
>influential

What did he mean by this?

DFW IDIOTS READ INFINITE JEST

The author of TLOTIAT.