only pretentious retards read fiction
proove me wrong.

>watch tv show
>it sucks
>get more entertainment from book

>proove me wrong.

You just proved urself wrong

You would be right if no one replied to this thread, this god awful thread

the book is literally about entertainment and escapism and has some really good points which could easily have been written in a non-fiction but it's much more fun to read fiction

>urself
nice spelling kid

A story's 'didactic content' is often what makes it beautiful or entertaining in the first place

If you think people read fiction to become more intelligent, you are unintelligent

>Time before TV
>1992

He's trying to troll you, how do you not get it?
You really don't get it.

>film can present a cinematic storytelling experience that can easily be wrapped up in 1.5 to 3 hours (generally)
>television presents a visual, serialized storytelling experience that can be developed over many hours of collective watch time over the span of years by a group of writers

Fiction can provide a storytelling experience that TV and film could never accomplish or grasp as seen by works like Ulysses, To the Lighthouse, In Search of Lost Time, yadda yadda yadda

not him but
>

why would you do anything for any reason other than security or entertainment?

To brag about it on an anonymous image board.

Tell me good nonfiction enlightend one

>can't enjoy movies because they are either too pretentious or too vapid
>can't enjoy books because they are either superficially deep or too shallow
>can't enjoy normal activities of life because they are all so boring

I just want to be normal and capable of enjoying things.

TV is too passive. With books I'm always taking information in. Also, the number of good writers throughout history dwarfs the number of good directors.

daily reminder that fiction is for plebs and pseuds

>weighing down content with useless imagery that just slows down analytic processes

Fiction is for entertainment. Only pseudo intellectuals thing entertainment (or fun or enjoyment) is an offensive term. This is because they need to pretend that certain things have philosophical or psychological insights. They do this in order to create hierarchies among themselves, both within social lives and academia. Among other reasons

I mean we're talking about a very different time span for the two, and in some ways film can be said to be in a state that writing probably was more than 3000 or 4000 years ago if not more

I'm not going to claim that film will develop to such a great extent, but it's a little dumb to compare the two

Was going to reply until "prove".

You baited too hard

it's not about the director, it's about the screenwriter. you're right though, there's only a handful of good screenwriters.

not really fair to say 3000. film industry accelerated extremely quickly in the last century. we have 8 billion people on the planet we're improving everything at a faster pace.