Harold Bloom is the Scaruffi of Veeky Forums whereas this guy is the Fantano

Harold Bloom is the Scaruffi of Veeky Forums whereas this guy is the Fantano.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-ZswD12OdW4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

OP here. Real question. What is the deal with everyone in Dostoyevsky's books getting brain fever?

fuck off

>80 year old professor shows us a Thug Notes episode
>next class period
>"So um, that video I showed you last time... I wanted to ask the class, was that racist?"

What's the matter, sweetheart?

I hope the answer was a resounding no and whoever complained retreated to their safe space and cried.

Malnourishment and rough times

I like this guy. thought the epic of gilgamesh was surprisingly informative. but I don't like the way he 'yells' at me to be honest. makes me uncomfortable.

>I don't like the way he 'yells' at me to be honest. makes me uncomfortable.

...it's a YouTube video. He's not actually in the room with you, user.

In case you didn't know, the show is being produced by kikes who use this monkey as their spokesman

>kikes
refer to them as jewish people from now on. racism isn't moral.

>morality
>existing
Spooks.jpg

It is very moral.

racism is wrong, that is non negotiable

lol

>mom come quick they wont stop saying mean things on the internet

kys kike

>embracing suffering is somehow contrary to Nietzsche's 'post modern nihilism'
could you literally be any wronger

honestly he's not a bad teacher but it's kind of a shame he feels like he has to put on some weird minstrel show to get people to listen to him

St.Petersburg is a swamp

Cliff is Fantano

true actually

he'd be sitting on 16 subscribers w/o this gimmick

That and it's something teachers can show their high school students to be "relatable" and hopefully pay attention ling enough to digest the material.

*more wrong

Teacher here. Showed one or two in desperation to a room of high schoolers with predictable results - the kids who can't read saw through the charade instantly and jeered, the kids who could read but wouldn't became sullen at the prospect of their "culture" being used in some context they were unfamiliar with, and the kids who could and did read became uncomfortable at the minstrel show on screen.

This channel is targeted at a plainly white audience. Black kids do not respond well to others using what they call their culture in unfamiliar formats, such as literary critique.

thug notes would be so much better if he actually said insightful stuff instead of really pleb tier analysis, the idea of a thugged out rapper doing literary criticism is only funny if he's doing good criticism, which this guy is not

the problem with it is he's obviously not really hood, he's probably a gay thespian from some middle class black suburbs outside of atlanta, but at the same time his analysis of the texts is very shallow so although he's poking fun at the uneducated he barely rises above them himself, it fails all around

why do faggots insist on posting horrible youtube garbage on here all the time, i have to believe this is some kind of marketing campaign

When I was in high school I used it to go over themes along with John Green's crash course. Despite Green's lacking as a writer he does pretty well at summarizing so I'd use that instead.

I doubt it would matter if he was really hood or not. Reading is simply unimportant to the mainstream culture, white or black flavored. It is equal parts fascinating and horrifying when I see 16 and 17 year olds reading at 7th and 8th grade levels. I have been reprimanded for teaching grammar in the classroom, instructed explicitly to avoid teaching whole novels, and handed most of the curriculum from the same people who design and proctor the many standardized tests prescribed to my subject.

I wish I could say I was more philosophically educated so I could start thinking about these things more concretely. It feels like ranting as it is.

I can't stand that smug cunt.

8 bit philosophy is better, and won't get you fired for insulting students with a minstrel show

youtube.com/watch?v=-ZswD12OdW4

I assume you teach predominately black classes in a black school. The administration in these schools are trash (as you know) and they definitely plea the "the school building is shit so the students are shit" card. Is there any way you can subvertly put grammar into lessons like peer review, grading and returning first drafts, and "refresher" days?

I plan on doing so next year. I have been reassigned to a higher grade classroom, so I'll at least have older students who've more or less calmed down. I want to assign shorter essays next year (I feel that term has been misused in modern educational vernacular) and focus more on the quality of their ideas. If I can teach them to be better writers generally, instead of better writers of five-paragraph monstrosities, I'll feel like I've accomplished something.

I've been in both systems. The low-income, predominately black tear and the well-funded, white suburb tear. In both I was a high-achieving student but I appreciated the efforts of the teachers in my first school far more. That being said, get your students into writing flash essays each week and peer reviewing so they understand worse from better. The other suggestion I have is inspiring year-round learning. So many poor black students do not pursue any learning in the summer so you should try hard to engage them during the school year so they even think about learning in the summer. Honestly, you're a saint for even trying in that type of system.

Reddit: The Channel

Unironically the best literary channel.