How did this novel predict the future so well?

How did this novel predict the future so well?

What happened?

he's reeeing about dictator drumpf

>liking Trump
Sorry, Veeky Forums is for smart people. Get out.

also, if can't tell I'm calling his position BS

You know there's an IP count, right? Leads me to believe this is poorly concocted satire or you're the retard here.

>Veeky Forums is for smart people
hopefully some will show up soon

And what valuable information did you glean from the IP count, retard? This should be good.

You just called yourself an idiot, that's funny.

Contrary to what you think no one here is going to fall for your bullshit, OP.

Now, to crash this thread with no survivors.

Thanks for not answering my question, I knew you were a retard all along.

Is this book actually good?

You seem unhinged. Are you female?

FOBALG JHUMPT

>don't like thread
>screech something vague about the IP count and women
>seriously believe that will stifle discussion

Trumptards everyone. The truth always comes to light.

It's unironically great. Good warning sign, too bad Trump's supporters never read it.

>actually defending an OP as arrogant and self-righteous as this one

IP count bro, I ain't falling for your shit. XD

KAISER RONALDO VON ZLUMPFENSTEIN WON'T LET ME MURDER MY UNBORN BASTARD SON BECAUSE I CAN'T BE FUCKED RAISING HIM WE'RE LITERALLY LIVING IN THE HANDMAID'S TALE

>not being able to infer what was meant by that and lashing out
Hello, retard

Heh IP count xD

Fascism is all the same, the US variety more so.
The president in the book is loosely based on Huey Long though.
Again, it's a warning, not a prediction.

Yeah, why are you so mad?

I always found it deliciously ironic that they call Trump the God Emperor when the "God Emperor" is a rotting corpse kept barely alive by machines. It's a take on fascist propaganda and a huge self-own.

Huey Long unironically inspired some good literature with this an All The King's Men.

Why are Trumptards so mad?

Dos scoops??

But her emails.jpg

How do you figure I'm a Trumptard?

>see thread that goes against your agenda
>try to shitpost it to death
And it's not gonna work.

I think it still works. The God Emperor isn't meant to be a pathetic or useless figure even while he's stuck on life-support. In his prime he was the most powerful being in the universe and even on death's door he's holding the entirety of human civilization together single-handedly. But trying to get anything profound out of 40k is a waste of time because it's always been The Foundation with lots of edge and giant guns so who cares?

I think that people payed too much attention to the fact that the emails got out and not enough to what's actually in them. Her chief of staff practically admitted that the white house rigged presidential elections in Haiti under her watch. Imagine if that were suddenly thrown in her face during a debate, she'd have shut down and died on the spot. The Republicans ran a remarkably clean campaign and pulled every single punch while the Democrats went as hard as they could and the best they could come up with was 'grab her by the pussy.' That move could have won them the election if they played it right but they're out of touch with humanity so of course they didn't. In that same tape he admitted to trying to cheat on his wife but they didn't care, they considered third wave feminists and numales a smarter audience to chase than normalfaggots. The democrats did such an absurdly bad job of their campaign that they deserve to never win an election again. With even half of their resources virtually anybody could have beaten Trump just by not being completely retarded and putting all of their resources into chasing the transexual vote.

>see thread that perfectly aligns with my views
>can't concede that OP is being a self-righteous fuckwad within the first three posts because of this bias
>the other person must disagree with me!
Okay.

Don't respond, if you must, remember to sage.

Some know he already sold out to the oligarchy

RIP America. Just, RIP.

By not sageing threads like this one I'm able to bring the brokenness of mainstream politics to more anons' attention. Don't suppress my freedom to be an accelerationist.

Let the US burn (metaphorically) it's multiple genocides are unforgivable.

I remember reading this the week after Trump got elected, it was pretty middling imo. Then I saw how the libs continued to react and felt disgusted by myself. "w-we're in 1930s germany!!"
Media acting identically to the way they did with GWB. Pretty embarrassing if you're old enough.
Trump is fat and dumb but that doesn't make this book great

Name one important country that didn't commit genocide, also kys tripfag

(You)

roger that
Pretty much. Why this thread deserved such retarded flak
he can't

You'll be first against the wall.

Filtered ;^)

>"w-we're in 1930s germany!!"
You realize Trump himself tweeted this when the piss dossier came out. Which, by the way, is looking to be true.

If they post again I'm going to repost their posts just to annoy you.

>You realize Trump himself tweeted this when the piss dossier came out. Which, by the way, is looking to be true.

are you saying the russians supplied dirt on trump to the hillary campaign? maybe trump should "lock her up" after all

>ITT people think Trump is a fascist
Either you know nothing about Fascism or you know nothing about Trump, probably both.

You need to be black-pilled to ride the rol/lit/coaster

>black-pilled
Confirmed for not knowing the origin of memes.

You know why he hasn't locked her up? Because they're friends. Get woke, fag.

Bitch, I wrote the Origin of Memes. Get out of my hyperneighborhood, filthy 2legger.

Oh shit we got a Darmeme up in here. MEME SAFE, MY BROTHER!

Trump says dumb shit on Twitter and is retarded, why does it matter he tweeted about 30's Germany?
I'm talking about "respected" sources that I go to for political analysis. Most of them screeched about how I NEEDED to read Arendt asap and mentally prepare myself for a post-democratic America. Unironically a lot of the libs need to fuck off with this shit. They did the same thing with GWB.

Hi, I'm the only person here whose actually read it. Pic related. I read it before Trump was elected so bear with me.

The similarities between Berzelius Windrip and Donald Trump are entirely superficial. I went into it expecting it to be scarily reminiscent of Trump, but their similarities start and end with their demagoguery. Yes, both Windrip and Trump are lowest-common-denominator politicians, who rile up crowds with simple, honest, but meaningless words, but that's it. Immediately after taking power, Windrip protectively imprisoned all members of Congress, and established a totalitarian dictatorship. His party formed a paramilitary group, the Minutemen, who beat the shit out of anyone who questioned him. He banned all non-party related knowledge and neutered universities, removing actual classes and introducing military drills and propaganda.

Trump, on the other hand, is simply stupid. He's been in office for 8 months, and everything is largely the same. No Corpo party, no dictatorship, no Minutemen, Congress is still around, the States haven't been dissolved, and we can still openly and freely criticize the president.

If you have any questions, ask me. I'm typing on mobile so excuse the brevity.

>the oligarchy
Reminds me of my personal favorite dystopia

Who did you vote for?

>I'm talking about "respected" sources that I go to for political analysis. Most of them screeched about how I NEEDED to read Arendt asap and mentally prepare myself for a post-democratic America
Source of this? Show me specific places where you read or heard this.

How did you let your book get so fucked up?

You know what's really weird? This book was written BEFORE World War 2.

It's like, couldn't they have seen what was coming and stopped it?

>tfw Berzelius Windrip will never save your country

>Windrip
Is this the earliest recorded example of brap posting?

Gary Johnson. Say what you want about him but at least he ain't corrupt or incompetent.
It's 80 years old. I got it like that off ebay, this is the best condition i could find it in. This books hasn't had many print runs.
Good meme. In the book, the country collapses from multiple coups, corruption, infighting, and a civil war. Maybe you should read it if you think fascism is a good idea. It was written in 1933, before WW2 and the Holocaust, so it's a pretty objective view of fascism. TL;DR, infuriating corruption, incompetence, senseless brutality, concentration camps, banning historical knowledge, etc.

I voted for Johnson too. It's not like I completely agree with him and he had his fair share of weird moments, I mainly voted independent as a symbolic vote because I'm tired of the two-party system. Not that my vote mattered anyway, the election was over by the time it got to my state and we went blue anyway. I'm probably going to vote independent from here on out.

Oh look the lolbertarians' moms haven't made them go to bed yet!

You have to be 18 to post on this website.

The Plot Against America is better.

>This books hasn't had many print runs.
I wonder why that is. Could there be something they're trying to hide?

Do you think the writing was as stiff as it was because the main character was a journalist, or is it just Lewis? I haven't read any of his other stuff besides this.

>ain't incompetent
>Johnson

Correct.

Trump fucking sucks. Nuff said.

It literally got reprinted like this year. So I don't know what the fuck you're talking about. If Trump was this facist overlord he probably won't have let that happen.

Oh man. I wonder if it got reprinted BECAUSE of Trump.

holy shit he really is a fascist isn't he

I'm sure it was because politically active people never lose gracefully. They always throw a fit like an infant who had its toy taken away. But it still got published despite America being a "post-democratic fascist banana republic state" or whatever else undereducated liberals would like to call it. Really makes you think doesn't it?

You say this but many Republicans, including Trump himself, threw a fit when Romney lost. Trump made a tweet that said "There should be a revolution in this country" which he had to delete when he became president and realized people were going to be paying attention to every little thing he did. Anyway, I really miss the days when Veeky Forums wasn't filled with people who are so helplessly addicted to politics that they view all opinions through the veil of "must be a triggered liberal." We used to be smarter than this and actually, you know, address points.

Yes. That's why I said that politically active people NEVER lose gracefully. It's just that liberals have grown far more insufferable and smug after 8 years of power. Politics is really like a mind parasite that removes all the higher functions of your brain and amps up your volumes instead. Think of it this way. This thread was supposed to be about a book but it's all /pol/shit "TRUMP IS DUMB AND HITLER LOL" and "FUCKING LIBERALS REEEE" when it comes to politics the only winning move is not to play.

Granted, even if you don't play they seek you out anyway. It's like kudzu. It will take over everything if you don't do anything to stop it.

Trump isn't all that effective.
He just tweets shit and the press goes apeshit. But he has trouble getting anything he wants through congress even though the republicans control both houses. And the courts keep saying his travel bans aren't enforceable. Hes a buffoon not a dictator.
(unfortunately what most white americans really want is a dictator but once his tweets stop inflicting asspain, the people will eventually realize he isnt the man for the job,)

They have, they're just rebelling against the system and using their freedom from oppressive agendas to hide under the bedsheets on their phones

SC approved the travel ban.

>both Windrip and Trump are lowest-common-denominator politicians

All politicians today pander to the lowest common denominator. Clinton's campaign after the primary was just "NOT TRUMP" for many people.

There were intelligent and dumb people who supported both Clinton and Trump, but they are a small crowd who are typically set in their ways. Politicians fight over the middle ground supporters who may go either way, and are typically rather apathetic by nature, meaning they need a simple and easy to understand message.