Stack thread. Make assumptions about me based on this. I'm curious

Stack thread. Make assumptions about me based on this. I'm curious.

you dont read and you're a faggot

:(

You crossboard with pol and lit and are under 23 years old

pseud and resentful reactionary
these are not necessarily related, but in your case they are

White male in his 20's who browses /pol/ but isn't completely sold on all points of alt-right ideology. Uses the word "cuck" more than a reasonable amount.

literal manchild

Epictetus and Umberto Eco are definite signs of pseud, so you got me there. I assume reactionary comes from Junger.

Isn't alt-right more of an umbrella term that could encompass anything right-wing that isn't either mainstream conservatism (neocon or paleocon forms) or libertarianism? So alt-right could range from being a monarchist to out right fascist? BOTOH, I guess the alt-right also has plenty of Trumpian civic nationalists.

>Pinker
Imbecile

>War Before Civilization

I'm curious, where did you find out about this book?

take the redpill

How patrician am I?

Books:
Les Miserables - Victor Hugo
Philothea
The Art of Writing in 20 Lessons - Antoine Albalat
Introduction to Number Theory
What is Mathematics? - Richard Courant

When you try so hard to be so "deep"

I almost fell for it until I saw all that Pinker garbage.

I dislike Pinker as a person, but what is wrong with his books?

If you have to ask, you haven't done the slightest bit of research into his non-rigorous claims.

Thanks for the answer

I hope you could point me to critique, I can find it myself but perhaps you know it better

You are englandman.

>Art of Writing
>in 20 lessons

Do you think Shakespear would have enjoyed reading this?

This book is pretty good, it's meant for people like you and me who aren't literary genius like Shakespeare.

There is no wear and tear on any of those books. You're probably one of those people.

What edition is that of the pale king? It seems so thin.

I first learned about it years ago in an essay about Hobbes and Rousseau. Then I saw it cited by Simon Baron-Cohen in The Essential Difference so I added it to my reading list. I figured it'll be a neat contrast to Schelling's Arms and Influence (war in primitive societies versus the role of nuclear weapons in 20th century grand strategy).

Some of you guys have a really odd insecurity about appearing "deep." I'd also take your disdain of Pinker more seriously if you offered actual reasons for why he isn't worth reading, not dumb opinions.

The only books I have yet read in that stack are Epictetus, The Essential Difference, Frederick the Great, and Storm of Steel. The others I just bought in the last week. Right now I'm reading the 10,000 Year Explosion.

I've also read Amusing Ourselves to Death.

I like that stack.

I'm sorry but I don't read Klingon sir!

Rate friends

Leave now, fucking jew.

That Holy Roman Empire book is pretty good. I started reading it recently.

About time someone published something readable + authoritative about the HRE

i finished extension du domaine de la lutte last week. my first houellebecq and i loved it

enlightened/10

How do you enjoy Buddenbrooks and the Bradivechski?
also nice on getting Gabriel García Márquez book for 20nis

im sure its just a UK penguin ed.
i bought it in France

>The Purple Revolution - Nigel Farage

what do you guys think of my stack ;)

Validate me

>buying physical books just to collect dust on your bookshelves and show off on Veeky Forums

I'm pretty disgusted desu but I'll keep it to myself

I can barely see any of the books because some hairless ape in heat is blocking the view with her intentionally seductive (?) poses. Ask her to go do something in another room and take the photo again.

You got a problem buddy?

wow I bet you get laid

lol jk nerd i dont

Buddenbrooks was demanding as you can guess but I liked it, as oppossed to "The Magic Mountain" which I stopped reading after 200-ish pages.
Berdyczewski was very interesting, his grammar is so unique and his style gives the theme of "WOW GIRLS ARE SO PRETTY" a new prespective. But the main point of interest is his language.
Marquez was nice, but slightly overrated :)
I highly reccomend S. Izhar ("Hirbat Hiza'a", "Mikdamot"). He writes so beautifully.

aaah aha hahaha

I don't stack my books because the gravity may eventually cause the text to compress and become illegible. You're supposed to keep books vertical like vinyl records.

I stack my books to save time, if I stack like 20 books on each other after like a week all the information will sink into the bottom book so I just have to read that.

I will check Berdyczewski and S. Izhar out.

I now reading Buddenbrook it is quite engaging
oh what did you got to shvua hasefer?
It was mostly uninteresting to me myself though got יהושוע אריאלי היסטוריה ומטה-היטסוריה and צונץ piece on the midrash from Mossad Bialik booth which i was looking for a while which are quite good

> he reads Michel "i have a fetish for islamic domination" Houellbecq

r8 my stack.

I don't own physical books and only have a Kindle so how can I contribute to this thread?

Just post your list of books you're reading

How much did you enjoy Pu Song Ling, and what did you like about spooky chinese tales?

Here's my growing collection

Is Blindness any good?

How did you find Hegel?

Take a better photo

you're using literature as part of an identity and you will probably not read half of those

>you're using literature as part of an identity
What?

validated

What is a "stack" thread for? You can't have that many recent purchases.

Currently reading/to read pile.

OK cheers, that's a little weird though. I leave everything on its shelf, except for the most recent 2-3 that I have on my desk at a given time to read.Maybe it's different if you have hundreds though, I only have ~50 books.

I don't get it either. I keep two or three books max next to my bed. Anything else that I come across that piques my interest I'll just make a note of it.

Compulsively buying every book that sounds like something you'd wanna read just leaves you with huge piles of unread books. Used to do this myself for years, it's just not possible to keep up, better to just buy one at a time so you know for sure you'll read it.

Superior taste comin' thru.

The only reason I have 3 on the go is because I'll buy in pairs (I don't have a local shop, so I grab 2 a time) and I've generally got one book I got bored of but expect to eventually go back to.

Otherwise it's pretty clear what I am or am not going to read.

3 masterworks, good taste

How can you read Arabic? Is it common?

not sure about him but in government school you never really asked to be proficient in arabic to the level of reading but some paths might lead you to learn it to such capacity.

greetings lads

What book by Mishima is that?

gay guy?

Cant help but notice your bedding

Currently what I have laying on the floor right now. R8

Havent started wind up bird yet
>inb4 murakami is shit

>forgotten soldier
good shit, user.

Got a giftcard for my local used book store and I'm going to buy something today, they have pretty much everything.

Recommendations on what I should buy?
Already on the list is a copy of "Jazz" by Toni Morrisson. Feel free to make a recommendation based on what little is in my shelf or something completely unrelated. I usually read fiction but I'm interested in poetry and non-fiction too.

Los años verdes ( 青の時代)
i think that the only translation is the spanish one

The stars my destination
Borges Ficciones
blake poetry

Blindness so far is pretty good.

Just at my local Chapters surprisingly.

And here's a birthday gift from a friend/recent purchase

Thanks friend

immediate backlog

some of you guys plan really far ahead

I rate it 1491/1493

kafka short stories
camus the myth of sisyphos
camus the plague
sartre nausea
homo deus
sapiens a brief history of humankind
thinking fast and slow

tell me about myself anons

lmfao its not mine

I'll probably start that once I finish Morgan's memoir.

picked these up from a library book sale for next to nothing. rate

Utter garbage. Greeks suck. Chaucer sucks. Never heard of King Dick.

Someone's unwashed pissing hand touched those pages. I hope you enjoy giving a handjob for every one of those pages you turn, fag.

2bh I sometimes read library books after/while jerking off without washing my hands. It all works out

Thanks for boosting my immune system.

pickups of the last two weeks

fuck

Pode comentar sobre a tradução de Os Miseráveis, user?
Also, would you be kind enough to share a picture of your shelf?

current reading, forbidden colors is an all time fave

You have a dark past and keep many secrets. Something is driving you, but that something is also weighing upon your soul and you will never find relief until you confront that "something". I see a woman in your future-a blond with green eyes. Remember, user, we don't all get second chances, embrace this one.

Why do you have Kant and Hegel without having done any prior reading?

who to read immediately before hegel?

Idk but for Kant's CPR you need to read at least Descartes, Spinoza, Leibniz, Locke, Berkeley, Hume, and before these maybe a little Plato and Aristotle for a general introduction to philosophy.

You can get almost all of these in collection books called "The Rationalists" and "The Empiricists"