Why is he so hated on Veeky Forums?

Why is he so hated on Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ENtlW-LEqu8
henrymakow.com/2014/09/Circumcision-Explains-Jewish-Psyche.html
jewishcircumcision.org/spectator.htm
tapnewswire.com/2015/10/circumcision-trauma-slaters-brain-permanently-researchers-threatened/
youtube.com/watch?v=NJ3HNcjr1WY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because he's relatively mainstream and Veeky Forums as a whole has a disdain for things in their niche reaching the mainstream.

He's a pseudo-intellectual hack

He makes out like he's some "I'm smarter than you" intellectual, but the reality is that he's a low IQ pleb who can't even handle actors blowing him the fuck out on live TV.

Rogan rule: Never seriously listen to any """intellectual""", or take any advice from anyone who has ever appeared on the Joe Rogan podcast

I only like pop culture representatives of science or philosophy if they are humble and do not step beyond their knowledge without admitting it. I dislike degrasse, nye, dawkins, nietzsche, and kaku for the same reasons.

> Rogan rule: Never seriously listen to any """intellectual""", or take any advice from anyone who has ever appeared on the Joe Rogan podcast
Hah. This should be applied to jews in general though. They always have a subversive agenda.

is he jewish?

You see those rat ears?

hmmm gee I don't know

>Netzsche

t. buttblasted brainlet

Do you guys see green on his neck?

Jordan Peterson is Veeky Forums personified, he's been on twice.

because everything I heard coming out of his mouth was utter pseud bs

He's the textbook definition of a pseud.

>Jordan Peterson is Veeky Forums personified
I don't think so faggot.

Peterson is a scam artist and goes in the same category as Harris. In fact, they're probably buddies.

Neither of them have anything original to say

A board that routinely praises the great books and writers. There are few obscure writers we talk about and even the obscure ones like DFW are still mainstream as fuck in the literary world.

Stirner is the one writer who Veeky Forums resurrected who I can think of

he's the same as any other man I listed. contributed nothing to the field, just made stuff already covered by his predecessors accessible to the masses. open up some hume, kid.

>I'm scared of public intellectuals because they remind me I'm not as successful as I want to be

>falling for the originality is important meme

Go outside dumbass

seeI bet you look similar

He has a superficial understanding of religious doctrine and is too reductionistic. He's well meaning and is a good interlocutor, but his Trumptard fanbase misuses his arguments to justify their retardation and his obliviousness towards this fact makes him kind of a retard. Like keep churning out podcasts about race, IQ, and Islam, that surely won't fuel alt right fucktards

He's either really stupid or he doesn't do his research. This took place after he wrote a book on Christianity:

youtube.com/watch?v=ENtlW-LEqu8

>his Trumptard fanbase

I didn't think Trump fans liked Harris because he's made several podcasts dedicated to explaining how incompetent Trump is.

>Trumptard
>Alt right fucktards
Someone woke up on the wrong side of the buttplug...

Because he solved all philosophical problems with science and now Veeky Forums is left with nothing to talk about.

>muh religion is evil
>muh spirituality without dogma
>LOOK AT HOW BACKWARDS RELIGION IS LOLOLO

>proceeds to voice his support for circumcision aka. genital mutilation.

How can this piece of shit have such cognitive dissonance?Jewish(8th day) circumcision is the easiest way to traumatise a child.It's a way to purposefully interfere with hormonal development and set up the Jew for a life of segregation and self-hatred.It's what makes a jew a (((jew))).Historically, whenever jews wanted to integrate into a society they stopped this disgusting practice.I am led to believe that man's genital mutilation is the foundation of this sick jewish identity and moreover I believe it is the reason why so many jews are such vile human beings.

Sources: henrymakow.com/2014/09/Circumcision-Explains-Jewish-Psyche.html

jewishcircumcision.org/spectator.htm

tapnewswire.com/2015/10/circumcision-trauma-slaters-brain-permanently-researchers-threatened/

youtube.com/watch?v=NJ3HNcjr1WY

>That one guy who is so obsessed with Donald Trump he manages to bring him up in every discussion, especially the ones that have nothing to do with him
>All the while Sam Harris openly criticised Trump
I'll make his words my own. Kill yourself.

>Like keep churning out podcasts about race, IQ, and Islam, that surely won't fuel alt right fucktards
Yeah, it's better if we hide/ignore all those facts, otherwise we could end up with not enough diversity.

>Trumptard fanbase
He has skewered Trump relentlessly in recent podcasts, and called for President Pence, which considering his obsessions shows his true contempt. Honestly his rhetoric on Trump is verging on hyperbole, "march of fascism" etc.

That said, I agree. The most credit he gives the religious is tacit acknowledgement of sincere belief, in the context that belief is chosen.

What he doesnt address is sincere religious experience, including ecstatic belief. In the face of converts like Hillaire Belloc, Huysmans, Ignatius of Loyola, his brand of rational atheistic proselytizing seems entirely empty. He doesnt address William James:

>It makes a great difference to a man whether one set of his ideas, or another, be the center of his energy; and it makes a great difference, as regards any set of ideas which he may possess, whether they become central or remain peripheral in him. To say that a man is “converted” means, in these terms, that religious ideas, previously peripheral in his consciousness, now take a central place, and that religious aims form the habitual center of his energy.

Rationality does not answer this.

As far as a secular interviewer outside his religious arguments I like him well enough. He gets good guests and lets them speak.

>Peterson is a scam artist

He is an old man who made a reasonable argument, got invited on a few podcasts, and then someone whispered in his ear to start a patreon.

It steamrolled from there. There is no way that he knew that would actually work.

I really enjoyed the first Zoolander movie but I was disappointed enough by the second that I'm no longer a fan. I suppose this is the same reason why he is hated here.

I'm watching his "conversation" with Peterson right now.

Peterson is trying to explain his idea of the evolutionary origin and function of myth-making.

Sam has been keeping his autism under control mostly by virtue of refraining from speaking, but at his point he finally loses it and spergs out into a wild tangent about how all myth-making is nonsense because any nonsense can be made into myth and to illustrate this fallacy he quotes himself, at extreme length, from his own book recounting a time when he formulated a mystic interpretation of a recipe in a cookbook. The aside is almost offensively unhumorous and he insists on dragging it out to a painful length long after his facile point had been observed.

The hate is fully justified.

Veeky Forums is unable to actually refute him so they resort to name-calling. It is that simple

We could end up with some harmful ideas about all of them don't don't pain the whole picture accurately. Like that whole meme that intelligence is solely inherent and basically that's the only thing that matters.

Be honest with yourself and don't say its for the sheer pursuit of knowledge, if that were the case you would acknowledge that all of these race realist people leave things out conveniently to further an agenda. It's just to confirm biases you already had, and you're disguising it as wisdom.

>Be honest with yourself and don't say its for the sheer pursuit of knowledge
Knowledge can have value as sheer "curiosity" and at the same time it can also be used for anything else, including political purposes.

And all people have an agenda, including--or especially--those who want to hide uncomfortable facts.

Hiding it isn't the point, "facts" without the larger context and used for politicized reason are just propaganda.

source on him supporting circumcision?

What larger context do you feel is missing when stating the fact (no quotes needed) that different populations have different mental properties?

That it isn't at all about larger populations having different mental properties at all. You just took that from the fact that there's variation in IQs/moral all around the world. Different IQs/moral values could mean basically anything

it's because he's jewish and /pol/ stormfags invaded this board

I think you're going in circles now. I already admitted that facts can be used for political agendas. It's common sense, what's there to discuss?
I guess you're mad they don't align with your political agendas and that's that.

Do you read? The facts can line up with my political agenda if I choose for them to.

> Nietzsche

he is a trust fund baby who only has a soap box because of his mom's connections.

he knows how to make his voice stutter and sound like he is in deep thought. People think sounding like you are in deep thought and repeating what you want to hear makes you smart.

most importantly he throws all logic out the window when evaluating Trump. People view the presidency in a religious way. They will always steer the conversation away from policy and towards how they combat their enemies, and projectionist conspiracies.

>Trumptard fanbase

Every Harris fan I've known is a basic r/atheism liberal, same as Dawkins fans. The type of person who reads Vox, The Atlantic, and Slate Star Codex.

>Neither of them have anything original to say

Just like Veeky Forums. Jordan Peterson really is Veeky Forums personified.

He has managed to achieve all of the loathsomeness and unlikability of an ambiguously hawkish Jew without any of the charming false piety.

honestly i think a lot of the hate comes from how reddity he is although there are a lot of pretty justified reasons to dislike the dude.

sam is to philosophers as novelty t-shirts are to fashion. which i guess is to say they're tacky and reserved solely for people who have no idea how to dress themselves

Do de Maistre, Girard, Deleuze and Evola count?

he is slowly having problems now with his fanbase, he is anti-trump so he lost some edgy kids, the vocal audience that he has is mostly liberal, that should be ok but in the liberal world there's a lot of push for memes like tolerance and shit like that so some of them are starting to dislike his position on islam. he is standing in uncertain ground at this moment

he also doesn't understand the internet and gets trolling frequently, he was almost crying in rogan's podcast about how he couldn't comprehend the popularity of some right wing personalities that trolled him frequently.

>le hyper rationality man scores poorly on the trolling intelligence scale.

The Lord is just.

He's the opposite of a continental obscurantist.

Veeky Forums only likes the pretence of intellect.

Yes he's an analytic reductionist, we know.

It's not so much that we only like the pretence of intellect but rather we just dislike the oversimplification of merchants.

Read gaddis faggot

The thing is, doing away with low IQ races and Muslims would surely benefit the pursuit of knowledge.

He's a clever guy. His explanation of 'The Moral Landscape' had a singificant impact on my thinking. Whether it was his intention or not, the concept of a scientifically measurable and comparable morality really struck at the root of all the relativist (cultural, racial, moral) programming I'd received all my life. He takes a primarily materialist and scientifically informed approach towards questions of consciousness and religion, which I appreciate and agree with.

So it's all the more frustrating then, to see a man who is clearly capable of great intellectual honesty, routinely fail to apply it. I don't know if he's partially subsumed by his liberal eco-system or just doesn't want to upset it too much... He routinely downplays the importance of racial averages, but must know better. He correctly identifies religion as balderdash, but doesn't seem to spare a thought for what below-average (or even average) intelligence people will replace it with. He seems oblivious to the moral hazards of our bloated, centralized states. He unironically thinks Trump is a worse outcome than Clinton.

I respect him, but it seems like there's a barrier that he's unwilling to take his ideas past. So, he's no longer useful to me and is perhaps even an opponent, despite having set me upon this path.

>He correctly identifies religion as balderdash

yeah this has to be it, Veeky Forums is full of meanie contrarians who hurt my feefees. if only there was an upvote/downvote system to hide unpopular opinions :^)

Yeah.

I think there are two modes he functions on: Abstract Sam who discusses pure ethics and has talks with science people and Practical Sambo where he just gets caught up in conventional politics and whines about Trump and Russians.

The only reasonable criticism of Sam that I've seen so far.

I've no idea who that guy is. Honestly.

nobody asked about your knowledge of the world

>calls this jew by his first name like they're friends irl

And killing the poor will solve poverty.

Half Jew, half Quaker ('the jews of Philadelphia')
I don't agree with all of his proclamations but he's never bothered me. His best book (and his most ambitious) is his first one, which is a little unfortunate. I admire his frankness and his passion more than his reason.

Not true, capitalism structurally has a certain amount of have-nots.

Removing low IQ races and muslims is something very different than removing a class, it's biological and cultural.

>biological

Trump is Allah and our saviour.

He's a trust fund baby? How so

Looking at Thunderf00ts dislike numbers now is another good example of this also. Even though I'm aware that like/dislikes are only a small fraction of viewership but still.

Don't post this faggot face to start a thread ever again faggot.

Reasons not to like Sam "the scam" Harris

1) he's a liberal
2) see reason 1

You're a brain. Get over it.

>He's the textbook definition of a pseud.
Most pseuds don't a PhD in hard sciences and a diploma in philosophy from a to 10 school

>a PhD in hard sciences

His is a joke though. He barely did any actual neuroscience and just used it as an excuse to justify his sophomoric works on morality. He's about as good at arguing as some random high school philosophy student who likes to get high and think about life, the universe and stuff.

>the difference between an inuit and a bantu are a social construct

How could you forget the king of them all?

[semitism intensifies]

Is he demonstrating the size of his undesigned,
naturally occuring, evolutionarily developed dick is?

Oh right it's another /pol/ finds some pretense to discuss their fetish episode

That was just a divergence of ideas, they were pretty much talking about the same thing but on different levels of abstractiom. Peterson pretty much said "hey, stories are a pretty good way of processing complex information logically", and Harris didn't want to go down the spiritual route. The tangent was funny and the autism you were picking up just sounds like projection.

I'm sorry, but I'm going to need to see the evidence for that claim.

"Science flies us to the moon, religion flies us into buildings."

This is the internet, guy. If you aren't hip to the jewish question, you're either jewish or dumb.

>Trumptard fanbase
kek he was a shill for the hill how out of touch are you

I work at a bar in Canada called Bar Louie. It's a chain so it's pretty shitty, but Peterson shows up from time to time. He always gets really hammered and normally we have to 86 him, but the other night he was acting particularly strange. He came in and was buying everybody rounds. Now, I have to say, this is very much not like him. If anything he's normally trying to scam free drinks off of people. On top of that, he took out some cigars and gave them to a bunch of people. I asked him a couple of times what was up with him that night, but it's kind of loud in there so all I heard was something about "patron." Like he kept saying something like "This is a patron's money," or something. I'm not sure who gave him all that cash, but by the end of the night he was literally, I shit you not, lighting his cigar with a burnt $100 bill. To top it all off, before he left, he literally made it rain. Just to show off. Needless to say, whoever this "patron" is has made Peterson very rich!

oh look someone who doesn't have an argument

Not an argument.

Is there a video game based on these four characters?

kek

In his book Free Will on page 5 Harris says "Our wills are simply not of our own making. Thoughts and intentions emerge from background causes of which we are unaware and over which we exert no conscious control. We do not have the freedom we think we have."

On the following page, and apparently without realizing the contradiction, Harris goes on to say that "a moment or two of serious self-scrutiny and you might observe that you no more decide the next thought you think than the next thought I write." But of course, if we could not decide the next thought we think, Harris would not be able to appeal to our "serious self-scrutiny" as if this were not under our control.

>he literally made it rain
You're saying he's invested his patrons' money in cloud-seeding technology?