Where should I start with this guy?

Where should I start with this guy?

Spread your thighs apart right now. Place your hand on your stomach and gently lift your shirt. Turn your hand over, and, starting at your belly button, run the tips of your fingernails gently down your abdomen. Slide your fingers under the waistband of your underpants. Keep going. Keep going. Do you feel a penis? If you do, take your hand out of your pants and go read some Ernst Mach. Burn any Murakami books in your residence. But if you feel nothing, then keep going. Fiddle with your pussy lips all day long. Crack open a nearby Murakami book (any will do - they're all the same) and finger yourself until you are raw and can't take it anymore. Read every word Murakami has ever written. Finger your gash until time itself comes to an end. You'll never accomplish anything. But at least you won't be bothering anyone.

the garbage

Literally any of his books because the large majority of them follow the same formula.

Doesn't matter, all of his books are the same and they are all bad.

I like Norwegian Wood and Kafka on the shore, they're comfy

it's only murakami, chronologically should be fine.

i agree with this

Why the hate? Is it because he's Japanese?

It's strange how often Murakami fans use the word 'comfy' to describe his works.

It's strange how often people get triggered by the word comfy.

It's funny how he's still depicted as a white European.

Wrong thread, meant to post this in the Shakespeare thread.

close enough

I am Japanese. I live in Japan.
You want start this writor?
In Japan he is no person.
No one likes him.
This is means you American are bad
for buy so many his books

It is so easy to fake being Japanese.

that's because that's the word that describe them

don't be stupid

don't be triggered

the only one triggered by a 3 word suggestion is you.

says the guy who just typed a bunch

wasn't a bunch, not a guy.

says the girl who

I know, Murakami has been getting away with it for ages!

Why do people say this? What is so non-Japanese about his writing? The fact that it is not cliche anime shit?

Huh? (yakuza voice)

Actually this

How does that post make any sense? Women are smarter than men.

Yes this it is true. Writor is very very bad
MISHIMA writor is better than stupidkami
Only mishima is true samurai
mishima bring glory for japanese people
Stupidkami bring shame on gloryous JAPAN

Mishima is the WORST Tekken character.

I like Mishima desu

honestly they're all pretty much the same. i have a soft spot for the wind up bird chronicle tho.
people hate him for the same reason they hate dan brown, pop music, bud light, and, like, i don't know. honda civics? either they don't get that some people read purely for fun, or they do get it and find it genuinely repulsive. he writes fun, samey, kind of bland stories that would totally hold your attention if you're not much of a reader.

but he does bland comfortable stories so well that he's kind of a genius at it. are they objectively good books? shit no. but they hit their mark so well and so hard that it's borderline uncanny.

murakami is so perfectly, soothingly mediocre that he's actually kind of a genius at it.

objectively false

argument this

the G R E E K S D E S U

But for real I started with Kafka on the Shore

Hasn't Murakami won numerous awards for his writing? Calling him mediocre just seems like bitterness.

The best is Lili. FACT.

He's about to win the Nobel.

And he's modest enough not to care about it. I think people hate him because he is too awesome.

Is it true he has an oneesan fetish?

Or is that just me?

because it panders to their expectations, everytime someone praises a work for it, just swap "comfy" for "midcult" and you will get a fair assessment of said work.

A Wild Sheep Chase and Dance Dance Dance.

Or maybe you can stop being triggered by the word comfy.