I was confronted today by some 40 year old ex-Chad at work who I could not quickly refute

I was confronted today by some 40 year old ex-Chad at work who I could not quickly refute
without sounding autistic and boring.
He baffled me with this statement:

'You shouldn't be reading at your age. Being young is about partying and having loads of sex.'

I was stumped and agreed on its worthlessness just to get him off my back. I'm 21 BTW

What is the correct response to such ignorance?

The early bird catches the worm

To have loads of sex

Just be yourself

You may be stumped because in a sense what he is saying is that knowledge from books isn't everything.--and that is true.

His statement is idiotic but you should give some tought to why you reacted the way you did.

>'You shouldn't be reading at your age. Being young is about partying and having loads of sex.'
So why are you not reading, grandpa?

ya brah, you should be sexing it up. Drop Veeky Forums and move to user. You only liv once

Yeah, that's why I get bitches to hold my books while I fuck them.

I would note that being young is an opportunity, and that great achievements require great sacrifice. Then I'd ask him what he'd achieved besides "partying and having loads of sex" when he was young.

He's right, but the thing is anyone capable of having sex regularly already is. So if you're too ugly for sex, then you have to find something in life that makes you feel good enough to go on without killing yourself, and for some that thing, or one of those things, will be reading.

>I am at work. How the fuck do you think I am supposed to have sex here? I can see you didn't read much, because you'd know how retarded that statement was otherwise.

But I already had loads of sex, I was just younger.

well you can party, have load of sex and read
pretty Veeky Forums way of life desu

that one is good

>>I am at work. How the fuck do you think I am supposed to have sex here? I can see you didn't read much, because you'd know how retarded that statement was otherwise.

>He doesn't fuck his colleagues in the work toilet
pleb

I used to wank in the work toilet but it was too risky

>tfw used to have a weekly wank in the gym shower

I would fap once a week only and it was on Fridays after my session. It was top tier desu. >tfw water streams massaging my dick until I cum pretending to be showering

Sex themes are always powerful "arguments" because sex urges are always there, whether you're 21, 31 or 61.
They diminish somewhat with age, but don't go away. So the sex you had years ago won't really keep you warm, you'll always want it now.

Saying I'd do this or that if I were 21 again is useless, because, well, you can't be 21 again and 21 year olds don't have the mind of a 40 year old.
I sometimes fantasize about how cool it would be if I could pass on the knowledge to younger people and make them "redpilled" instantly, but I don't think that's possible. Younger people are being held hostage by forces more powerful than my wise words.

Hate to break it to ya buddy but older people are also kept hostage by an even more powerful force than hormones called determinism

you should have mocked him endlessly for uttering the phrase "you should not read" -- I think even a complete retard would know how stupid that is(also the reason I believe this story is fake)

Ask me how I can tell you have autism

>'You shouldn't be reading at your age. Being young is about partying and having loads of sex.'
But I'm ugly and autistic and no one likes me chad senpai

>They diminish somewhat with age, but don't go away. So the sex you had years ago won't really keep you warm, you'll always want it now.

That's not really true. Once you're older it's really, really hard to get with attractive young women. If you miss your chance of being with 18-22 year old girls, you'll probably never get over it and it will bother you for the rest of your life. If you were able to get with them during those ages, it makes it easier to settle for older, unattractive women.

>since when has being educated impeded someone from getting laid
would have been my response, but he probably said that because you look like a virgin and he saw you sitting there all melancholy with a book more than once.

Picture related

I'm not OP but I'm 21, look 14 and my matches on tinder dessert me when they find out I'm short. I'm in community college. It hurts, I want to be a musician so I won't kill myself. I just started learning and if I get good. I doubt I'd signed. Haven't had sex in almost 2 years. Before that I was a virgin. My life is trash. I'm the funny guy girls want to keep around but not date. I haven't killed myself because I love my parents too much.

The greatest revenge is a successful life

>21 year old thinks his life sucks even though he already had sex at age 19

holy fuck get over yourself. and you actually get matches on tinder? your life sounds amazing.

>>>reddit

>Being young is about partying and having loads of sex.

You should tell him that being young is about planning and working on who you want to be later in life, and then tell him that you can see where his attitude and habits in youth got him. It doesn't matter if he's rich now or whatever, his ego is fragile so he'll be very insulted that you suggested he's a failure despite whatever trappings of success he may have.

> Once you're older it's really, really hard to get with attractive young women
No it isn't. In fact it's easier since you're financially well off now and more experienced.
Woman get with older men. They prefer older men, and it's accepted socially.
>it makes it easier to settle for older, unattractive women
It's pretty sad that you think you have to settle. You must have fallen for some feminist propaganda and don't know what the natural age preference is for the opposite sex.You can fuck a 19+ at any age, and dating one gets weird at about 35+ but who's to stop you, and there are many out there who want that.

If you have money, are fit, aren't ugly as fug then you hold all the cards. Woman hit a wall around 27-30, men don't peak until their 50's.
If you get a woman your age, trust me, you don't have to settle for an unattractive one. With all 30yo pre-spinsters women running around who fell for the career-woman meme, didn't go anywhere, and are now scrambling to get a man and have kids before their eggs dry up you would.

Only a few matches not constantly. Never got more than those.

Stop being funny. Girls don't want a "funny" guy. Girls want a guy who is fun to be around, but not one who actively tries to be funny/make people laugh.
There's a difference between a chad and a comedian.

Explore the parts of life that interest you. I've started setting down the drugs and focused more on secluded study. You'll get tired of both either way

>he gets matches on tinder

Wow
You're already a step ahead of me

I'm so lonely I kind of catfished a gay dude into texting me. If he was a girl he'd be perfect. I have to break it off this isnt right nor am interested in experimenting. I'm not into traps neither. I just want someone to text whenever. I just want a girlfriend. I want companionship and late night texts more than sex. I feel like such a loser. My cousins shit on me, they think I'm gay baka. You'd think I look like the hunchback of norte dame. I'm very miserable person but I somehow hide it well. Women are awful, I never feel sympathy for single mothers. Don't compare to elliot Rodgers. I'm not entitled nor delusional. I go after cute girls not hot chicks.

I dont try to be funny. Im naturally funny.

It was only a few and never got a date outbof them. Nor more matches. Delete tinder long ago. Ive alresdy tried skout, POF and okcupid.

Have you tried going to the local club/bar

If you're going into music, you should really truly and honestly love it because it's a solitary pursuit, especially producing on a computer... It might make you even more of a sperg. You spend hours alone practicing, And if you're into crafting actual songs, you spend hours, even entire days working on it.

>dating sites
I would never expect to find a decent girl there. I don't mean just wife material, but even a fuck buddy. It just doesn't make any sense. Decent girls get tons of offers IRL.

that's hilarious

Closet faggot detected

Kill yourself. I bet you're a fat fuck too

>What is the correct response to such ignorance?
"Nice false dilemma you rancid swine"

Look at it this way. If he said "the sun revolves around the earth"" you would know exactly what to say or just dismiss him etc.. Certainly you wouldn't ask Veeky Forums for good comebacks.

So ask yourself why that is. Instead of dwelling on how to get back at him take a step back and contemplate your reaction, evaluate your moral character and integrity of thought and action.

Why would the judgement of an ignorant ex chad matter? Even if you won't go on to party and fuck, you're here right now instead of reading and you're probably having power fantasies and so on. Why do you allow such a remark to have power over your mind and behavior?

If him being ignorant was all there was to it.. but it seems to me he was not so ignorant at all. In fact I'm guessing what the other user said is very likely to be true. Younger me was in the same boat many times.

>he probably said that because you look like a virgin and he saw you sitting there all melancholy with a book more than once.

You should have replied that you read to not become an asshole like him.

Lmfao I don't want to do anything with a guy though. No girl will give me the time of day. Just using the dude for texting.

Fag

>Flirting with a guy on the phone pretending its a girl
HOOOOMOOOOOOO

Im not fat lmao

That is something only a fatty would say

Im not flirting though lol. Just vent and use as company. It's not right but it's not gay. Fools

>I dont try to be funny. Im naturally funny.

Are you deformed or something?

Lmfao im short and thin man. Wish i was fat cause then I'd understand why im single

Unfortunately no. Should be then shit would make fucking sense

How short?

"If that's what you did and this is where you are now how should that motivate me to take your advice?" while pointing at your Wal-Mart trainee caps.

>40 year old ex-Chad at work

What's his position

5'5 alot of these around my height. I don't fucking get why they want a tower to always have their neck sore looking up. Fucking bitches

Women don't think in terms of practicality. That's why they don't wear cargo pants, flip-up sunglasses and carry leathermans in fanny packs.

Wtf am i supposed to do man. Its a like a full time job not to go crazy

desu the guy who got the most pussy as a young lad is now an former alcoholic who sits around playing a shitty LOTR mmo and watching Skylanders while his awful harpy of a wife goes to work. Like this dude fucked over 100 women and has a picture of each one but now he's in a worse state than most /r9k/ virgins because his life is over.

fpbp

His life is over because he got married?

a pedophile would tell you you were missing out if you never had 13-18. This argument is retarded desu

To this woman, yes.

The insecure virgins that flock this board are dumb as hell.

Look he was just telling you his experience and how he benefited from it, but really just partying and sex get tiring after a while. Where to you go from constant sex and constant parties? No where just the same old stories of how drunk one got or how hard they fucked "X". At least with reading you can expand upon your knowledge, learn different perspectives that you had never once considered etc. You can still have sex and go to parties and read what you want there's no shame. I know of someone who did nothing but party. Now he's depressed because no one invites him to parties any more, how vain and worthless is that.

don't listen to dumb normdroids

their monkey brains cannot comprehend that you can enjoy knowledge and works of art for their own sakes

they also approach sexuality as some sort of resource to be exploited when you have the chance, anxiously - as if the only thing that matters to them is the amount of pleasure they can squeeze out of every waking moment

the consequence is that when they grow unattractive and old they think their lives end and become depressed

How did his shit work out like that?

He is the engineering manager earning over £60,000 a year.

Holy shit. I've got an entry level position in a government service and I make more than him and I'm only 26

What gets me is that the 'bro's advice is negative instead of positive. It's not "you should be doing this", but "why are doing this other thing that I never wanted to".

Well he was a megachad that almost played college football, and while he might've fucked loads of women he never got over his college girlfriend who broke up with him. Then he knocked up a bipolar woman. Then she started physically and mentally abusing him when they got married.

Good for you but he gets decent bonuses from what I hear and barely does anything. He mostly walks around and tries to flirt with the hot young girls in the office

He is truly insufferable

But, Skylanders? Is that simply an example you came up with to make him seem childish or something he actually goes back to frequently?

He watches it frequently.

A guy I know, who was also very successful with girls, used to play one of those games with elves on the screen, like WoW or whatever the fuck. Kinda breaks the whole stereotype.
But he's also very outgoing and not at all shy in public. And he's not a failure or anything, now he has a serious gf...

Then don't listen to anything he says. He's a fool. Stop worrying

Im in a weird position myself like that. Im 19 and part of me wants to do the whole fuck around thing (shag everything that moves) and the other wants an ordered life, a girlfriend to marry and to organise a life with so I can have 5 kids.

My first year of uni was kinda odd. I got some attention at clubs (probably since I am tall, wide and confident, but I am no chad), went on a couple of tinder dates with a foreign exchange student from shanghai ( we eventually stopped after she realised I wanted a relationship and she wanted sex before going back at the end of her masters), and had this one crazy kazakh woman who fancied me so much about 80% of her facebook photos were with me and would constantly message me at 5am. Still didnt have sex because the latter part of my personality dominated.

What the fuck do I do next year?

and loan
and family
and illnesses

this. you felt insecure though so you should go bang a slut or two so you can understand that it's a meaningless, vacant experience.

you are like me

im miserable also

It sucks. Meanwhile the guys who do get women TRY be funny and they get laughter cause she's trying to show interest. While we genuinely make them laugh with their headback. Yeah life is shit. I frankly dont know wtf to do

Why would both be mutually exclusive? Just don't be a turboautist who reads 8 hours/day and removes himself from social life and you're good.

Focus on yourself. Don't focus too much on finding the right girl and sample a few of em. You'll find the right one eventually.

Also if you don't go around and fuck some random girls you'll regret it in 10 years when you're tired of fucking your wife.

Had a similar situation with my oil worker uncle when I was a 20 year old NEET virgin. Guy was about 50, had been a hispanic Chad back in the 70s. He said I should be out banging teenage pussy.

I thought he was just a vulgar simpleton, and still think so almost 20 years later. Sex is part of the human experience, and having it when you're younger is just another thing. Do it if you want to, or don't. There is no good reason that you MUST, however.

>What is the correct response to such ignorance?

The correct answer is calling him out on his use of "should" infringing on your free will. Why the fuck does some dried up old Chad care about whats in your pants and how often you use it? Who the fuck is he? He's probably just trying to mentor you but, being an ape, doesn't have the skill for it. Just let it go. If he nags you again about when/how you are using your dick, have a zinger ready for him. e.g. i didn't know you cared this much about me, boohoohoo, etc. Don't let it seriously bother you.

It is a mark of want of genius to spend much time in things relating to the body, as to be long in our exercises, in eating and drinking, and in the discharge of other animal functions. These should be done incidentally and slightly, and our whole attention be engaged in the care of the understanding.

If such a one as he judges falsely, then he is the person hurt, since he too is the person deceived. For if any one should suppose a true proposition to be false, the proposition is not hurt, but he who is deceived about it.

The condition and characteristic of a vulgar person, is, that he never expects either benefit or hurt from himself, but from externals. The condition and characteristic of a philosopher is, that he expects all hurt and benefit from himself. The marks of a proficient are, that he censures no one, praises no one, blames no one, accuses no one, says nothing concerning himself as being anybody, or knowing anything: when he is, in any instance, hindered or restrained, he accuses himself; and, if he is praised, he secretly laughs at the person who praises him; and, if he is censured, he makes no defence. Melville noted very rightly that "the greater fool ever scolds the lesser".

if ever any talk should happen among the unlearned concerning philosophic theorems, be you, for the most part, silent. For there is great danger in immediately throwing out what you have not digested. And, if any one tells you that you know nothing, and you are not nettled at it, then you may be sure that you have begun your business.

fuckin americans

what you tell the sage old veteran of orgiastic delights is to fuck off. if he wants to live vicariously through you, he has chosen someone who has a different passion than his own. some men wish to bathe in the recesses of Dionysus' navel, and others read and write of the experience. yes, if what you intend to write is nothing but perversity and loneliness, i assure you that his advice is slund, but otherwise, you should experience the world in the ways you see fit. you know very well that what he said has nothing to do with you, hence the ultimate feelings of resistance.
don't worry about having an argument ready for any instant. the cleverest in the moment rarely are correct in the long run, and it typically reflects his ideological entreaty, to live for the present.

Im aware of that. Yes I enjoy solitude when I choose it like a hobby or whatever pkus im introverted. Any other nuggets of wisdom you'd like to share?

Wtf do i do

I guess it is. I remember my cousin once going "haha you get no bitches" and laughing. Ruined my fucking high so badly that day.

I would be willing to become illiterate for the rest of my life if I could just have one month with a qt young gf.

brainlet detected

step up your game kid. read a book, get to understanding people. learn how to tell a joke. have something interesting to say. the right girl will be attracted to this and let you jam her jelly roll.

wtf happened to anzu? looks like a crack whore

Never say this r9k shit again. Your positive intellectual growth is everything and women are a passing meme until you find the right one.

that's not true, i'm too ugly to ever get a girl i'm attracted to. no amount of knowledge will change that. i read a lot for what it's worth (nothing).

This , just B.E. yourself

my entire life has been "intellectual growth", i read hours and hours every day, i have a pretty deep knowledge of a pretty wide variety of fields, can read french at a literary level, have read a great deal of literature and have many poems memorized by heart etc etc, whatever ... still i want to kill myself and life is meaningless and terrible, because no girl in the world actually cares about this stuff and will never look past a man being unattractive no matter his other qualities. i'd trade all this, and all future reading and intellectual development, for even a short, affectionate romantic relationship with a cute girl.

anzu is beautiful, fuck you. that pic is without a wig or kawaii makeup. fake bloody nose. she's just getting older and maybe stressing a bit about life, but she's still an adorable neurotic qt. i am afraid she might be anorexic tho :( dunno for sure. god save the anzu.