Tfw rejected for publication again

>tfw rejected for publication again

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/books/2015/oct/14/man-booker-prize-marlon-james-debut-novel-rejected-nearly-80-times
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

keep at it, little buddy.

post extract or other work

Most authors are rejected a fuck load of times. This is part of the job.

Most shit that even gets published, is still rejected quite a bit. Any time I get a story published, it usually gets at least 3 rejections, sometimes even form rejection, before somebody picks it up.

post feet

Doing God's work, user

Stacked up about twenty or thirty rejections between four books until I got signed. Write a lot of shit and pander if you want to make money. If you don't want to pander, kys and let your mom sob story it into publication. Worked for John Kennedy Toole.

theguardian.com/books/2015/oct/14/man-booker-prize-marlon-james-debut-novel-rejected-nearly-80-times

Marlon James' novel about two preachers fighting to the death in the Jamaican Mountains was constantly rejected by white women.

>Worked for John Kennedy Toole.

your guy's guy

You really can strongly feel that he's /ourguy/, gayness and blackness notwithstanding. I loved that article he wrote where he bashed all the white women in publishing who didn't like his stuff.

I know. I've been published numerous times before. But this time I got rejected again.

I won't post what I submitted this time, but here's a good one that's been rejected maybe six or seven times.

My secrets cry aloud.
I have no need for tongue.
My heart keeps open house,
My doors are widely swung.
An epic of the eyes
My love, with no disguise.

My truths are all foreknown,
This anguish self-revealed.
I’m naked to the bone,
With nakedness my shield.
Myself is what I wear:
I keep the spirit spare.

The anger will endure,
The deed will speak the truth
In language strict and pure.
I stop the lying mouth:
Rage warps my clearest cry
To witless agony.

I've stacked a few rejections over the last few months. The killer is that some of them have been personalized rejections, ones where the magazine tells me that they aren't going to publish my work but they liked it and that it made it far in the editorial process. On the one hand, those are flattering. On the other hand, they're almost more painful than a form rejection, because they make me wonder what might have been.

only four lines don't have the word "i" or "my" in them, and in one of those four ("this anguish"), the "my" is still implied. as a reader, it strikes me as terribly conceited.

i also don't really get what you're trying to say with the poem. consider wordsworth's "tintern abbey," wherein he relates the strength and permanence of refuge taken in nature, especially as the new order post-industrial revolution was coming into existence. not only was he describing these joys and this fortitude to us, but also to his sister.

i don't know who you're addressing in this poem, but it doesn't seem like you have anyone in mind; more like you're writing to yourself.

Wrong. The poem is good as it is.

lol, okay buddy

Pretty sure there's collusion between agents and publishers to reject books a certain percent of the time so everyone can maximize their profit.

>mongoloid slant rhymes
No wonder they rejected it

tfw rejected to work for publication house again

>not starting your own publishing house

How would one go about doing this?

self publishing a joke now.
sure, you can build an audience, but it comes down to how well you can market yourself... and you have to become a marketer as well as a writer.

and there's a lot of shit that's self published... so people just gloss over it

Where do you guys send your stuff? I mostly write pulpy short stories and I have this one story that I think its pretty neat - a capepunk story with bureaucrats. Is there a zine that might accept something of this subject matter that pays decently? (at least 5 cents per word)