Was he right Veeky Forums?

Was he right Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2012/01/the-greatest-books-of-all-time-as-voted-by-125-famous-authors/252209/
youtube.com/watch?v=k_RKqQXwcWQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>[...] is the best [...] who has ever lived.

no

intimidated? norm is the funniest but he really is a pleb

I forget where I read this, but I read somewhere that among the collected opinions of a bunch of notable literary authors, Shakespeare was regarded most often as the greatest English language writer, and Tolstoy as the greatest writer among all languages. I will try to find the source.

Who is the best writer who ever died?

he was a good writer but kinda had shit opinions

w&p has higher peaks than AK but has his stupid stuff about history which can be fairly easily critiqued. AK some say is perfect but the more i reread it the less i care about anna and vronsky.

kreutzer sonata is underrated, hadji murad is overrated, ivan ilych is probably his most perfect. his stuff on religion is overrated

Eh, I think I found it, it's kinda dumb. Take this kind of clickbait article with a grain of salt. theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2012/01/the-greatest-books-of-all-time-as-voted-by-125-famous-authors/252209/

dang, a lot of correct opinions are in this post

Dosto for sure

The pleb is strong with this one

>In reading any of Shakespeare's dramas whatever, I was, from the very first, instantly convinced that he was lacking in the most important, if not the only, means of portraying characters: individuality of language, i.e., the style of speech of every person being natural to his character. This is absent from Shakespeare. All his characters speak, not their own, but always one and the same Shakespearian, pretentious, and unnatural language, in which not only they could not speak, but in which no living man ever has spoken or does speak.

t. i love hadji murad because harold bloom told me to

i like tolstoy a lot but who gives a fuck, man

just sit back and enjoy shakespeares double adjectives

who wrote that plebish thing?

norm thread?

youtube.com/watch?v=k_RKqQXwcWQ

Is it really possible for 19th century Russian man to decide whether or not 1600's English is pretentious?

t. jealous of Shakespeare

>realism is the height of art in language
YUCK

My sides holy fuck
Norm really is great

Macdonald, Norman. Feeble, second-rate. His shaggy dog antics conceal a uniquely lazy strain of conservatism. Let him protest charges of anti-humor by all means, but his Canuck sneer and lunar physiognomy betray him. Timid in the large sense.

Reddit is that way buddy >>>reddit

"no"

Relevancy!

Is this a "Nabokov critique" format? I hope to see more of these in the future.

>samefagging pleb
>doesnt mention tolstoy's objectively best work (because he hasnt read it)

go back to r/books

im not that guy, what do you think his best is?

alyosha the pot?

He wasn't even the best 19th century Russian writer

No.

clever pun as facts aren't intimidating

It's always subjective.

It was clearly Dostoevsky.

>WRITERS EVER LIVE EXCEPT THROUGH THEIR WORKS

posting a tweet on Veeky Forums get rekt this is absurd

the best
ever lived
some people
intimidated
fact

will it blend/

>kreutzer sonata is underrated, hadji murad is overrated
>his stuff on religion is overrated
underated t b h

Why do people to think that their opinion on someone matters to others?

Absolutely correct one hundred percent as far as I'm concerned

You can at least make the case for Tolstoy being the best writer; only true plebs deny this