I had more fun and fulfillment reading this than any Shakespeare, Joyce, Kafka, Tolstoy, Hemingway, Spenser, Chekhov...

I had more fun and fulfillment reading this than any Shakespeare, Joyce, Kafka, Tolstoy, Hemingway, Spenser, Chekhov, Dante etc that I have read.

Other urls found in this thread:

harpers.org/wp-content/uploads/HarpersMagazine-1998-07-0059612.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That's okay, but don't think that means anything important. This says more about you than it does each of those writers.

Nope

'kay.

Hmmmmmm

Because it's not a pretentious pile of shit and it has actually aged well unlike the others you mentioned

Samefag

Why are you trying so hard to bait someone into shitting Lord of the Rings and other Tolkien's books? They're good, especially if you're a child or a teen, but they obviously doesn't carry the same value and depth as the other authors you mentioned (except Hemingway).

because it's just that good.

Books were boring as shit. Movies made it better desu with you senpai.

Na

Who the fuck thinks kafka is funny?

>Who the fuck thinks kafka is funny?
People who understand Kafka.

harpers.org/wp-content/uploads/HarpersMagazine-1998-07-0059612.pdf

Dostoyevsky is Harry Potter easy to read, but it's Lord of The Rings deep and it's actually literature and not genre fiction.

I do. The Trial had me laughing at loud

I'm the second guy you replied to. I genuinely like Tolkien a lot. Very comfy to read. Not sure what you're on about.

Charles Dickens and Leo Tolstoy are also incredibly easy to read and fun. Mark Twain is also very light. Please also try Alexandre Dumas and Anton Chekhov. All are mainstream and very good.

Nigga notes from the underground took me like a month to get through, not because it was hard but because everything that stupid motherfucker did just made me want to throw the book across the room. Like, why would you invite yourself to a party with people you don't like just to sit there complaining that you don't like anyone. It was too real.

It's the best fictional thing ever written.

>Hemingway
>pretentious
>when he used vernacular language such as "cocksucker"

wew lad

If you want to say Joyce and Kafka were pretentious, you're wrong but fine. But Hemingway indisputably wrote for the common person.

>But Hemingway indisputably wrote for the common person

>common person

Define "common person".

the kind of person that's most commonly found if you line up everyone and pick at random, what do you mean???

That is not a definition.

working class, as opposed to college professors and MFA graduates in creative writing, which is what Pynchon/DFW/Joyce were writing for

Enjoy your den of ignorance.

I want to read The Lord of the Rings by Hemingway. I bet we could cut that fucker's page count in half.

How the fuck is Kafka pretentious?

Virgin

Define "working class".

doubt (X)

>Murkwood section almost entirely removed
>Fishing and Bullfighting added to Rivendell