Thoughts on Slavoj Zizek, Veeky Forums?

Thoughts on Slavoj Zizek, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

democracynow.org/2009/10/15/slovenian_philosopher_slavoj_zizek_on_the
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

good diagnostician but doesn't offer much beyond that. good analysis of ideology but his analysis was better on the post-ideological world of the 90s and early 2000s

he is completely out of touch today and doesn't have a credible analysis of the current culture wars or what to do with the left. seems to romantically believe in things that have turned to utter shit for a long time, like he will correctly identify the problem that the left has never produced a credible analysis of something like stalinism, but then still sort of make light of it and doesn't produce an analysis himself

In what way do you think he is out of touch with the developments of the last 10 years? He seems to have his finger on the pulse to me.

I came to dislike him, but I'm still kind of sad that he died because he was a funny and likeable person

he doesn't have an analysis of the new right which seems crucial on this moment, he speaks about superficial things, like the breaking down of politeness in politics but doesn't go deep enough into it

still, he predicted trump on 2009, i have to give him that, he obviously has brilliant insights, but doesn't provide systematic in depth analysis
democracynow.org/2009/10/15/slovenian_philosopher_slavoj_zizek_on_the
>Now we are, I think, approaching a very strange state, where the public face of power is becoming more and more openly indecent, obscene. Look at Sarkozy in France. Look at Berlusconi

while he acknowledges the toxicity of political correctness he doesn't go far enough and identify its roots, i understand that he is gentler with the left as he doesn't want to give ammunition to the enemy, but cleaning up your home is crucial if you want to get anywhere

>but cleaning up your home is crucial if you want to get anywhere
you aren't fooling anyone jordan

Made me look you dick

So is nobody going to ask about the picture?

Makes me hard as a rock, desu senpai.

You just did

he's a fucking commie

next

Me on the right. I told him to fuck my Hegelian pussy and he started shouting and wildly gesticulating until I told him I'd buy him a Happy Meal.

Haha, that's what I thought as well. It's like a textual tic of his. What power lurks in such recognitions that are not reciprocated?

She looks happy

Confirmed. He's in it for the puss, that hot Slovainian puss. I guess Marxism was a lie all along then, huh?

Isn't that his wife though?

that's not actualy him, right?

cannot make sense of this image

why is everyone freaking out?

god forbid dat nigga get his dick wet

this can't be real

>why is everyone freaking out?

what? it's barely being talked about itt. yours was the most animated post so far.

hey he's not too way

He's a very good comedian. I wish sometimes he'd not only diagnose but also provide treatments.

Anyone want to discuss this picture?

i would

its interesting, no doubt about it

i really like this picture, user.
here is my picture

What are the toads thinking in this moment? "Searching... Food" is what i imagine, but they don't have language so they think of their food visually or maybe they don't think at all, like when people watch TV all they do is process what's in front of them, nothing else. So toads don't think, as they're not human, and when we stop thinking while watching TV or reading or listening to music we're no longer humans, we're the toads holding plastic ancient weapons.

woahhh.....

Lucky girl

>he obviously has brilliant insights, but doesn't provide systematic in depth analysis
I don't see why you think this is true when he's literally a Hegelian. It's a really bad analysis of Zizek that shows a total failure to see systematicity outside of tersely articulated propositional logic that appeals to abstract principles. I mean, even Zizek offers that with his reverence for Lacan. People talk about 'anti-systemizers' as if they succeeded and didn't themselves produce systems integrated with their own personalities in a complex matrix of thought and activity.
>while he acknowledges the toxicity of political correctness he doesn't go far enough and identify its roots,
I don't understand what you mean by this.
FFS, has anyone on Veeky Forums even read a book by Zizek? He isn't hard to get through if you apply yourself even a little bit. It's all 'muh Hitchcock, muh Freud, muh objet petit a.' It's interesting and it isn't hard to digest and it's more insightful than people who can't see system when it stares them in the face and who want consistent denunciations of PC culture with nothing but accusations of Puritanism leveled against the descendants of Puritanism instead of an underlying architecture of theory and observation.

bottom left one would win

Are you blind? It's clearly not him

Not that the guy in the pic is Slavoj but how dumb do you have to be that
>Breaking News: Communist Has Sex
is worthy of a Buzzfeed thinkpiece, let alone a headline?

>Not that the guy in the pic is Slavoj but how dumb do you have to be that

Are you English as a second language.

How bad does your reading comprehension have to be
>to miss the possibility that a whole proposition can be spread across
three lines of text in some instances?

its missing a "to think"

There's nothing in marxism against banging slovenian pussy, although I suppose it's against capitalism for anyone who isn't dan bilzarian to get laid.