What is the best book you have ever read

name the best book you have read, list title and author. Your post should be completely of your own opinion; don't care about what other people think.

my diary desu

my diary desu

my diary desu

To be completely honest, my favorite book would have to be Mien Kampf by Adolf Hitler. it may sound bad, but Hitler sure knew how to win over a crowd; by the time I was done with the book, I was ready to make Germany great again.

No dead memes allowed in this post.

The Bible by J. Christ

The bible wasn't written by Christ, but rather compiled by those who traveled with him.

In Search of Lost Time by Marcel Proust

pic "unrelated"

Note: feel free to leave a short description. just keep it under three sentences.

Runes and their Origins, Denmark and Elsewhere, by Erik Moltke

a dirty great wealth of information on runes and their myriad forms and histories, I have never been so enthused by a title

The Sound and the Fury, William Faulkner

The Shadow Out of Time, H.P. Lovecraft

I liked The World of Yesterday by Zweig a hell of a lot.

It's like taking a tour through Europe in its golden age, and then through its demise. It's fascinating.

Honestly, A Confederacy of Dunces. It has it's base masturbatory/fart jokes but pretty nuanced jokes that do not impede the plot. The prose is nuanced and lively as well.

It is a good book, and rather sad. I read it about this time last summer.
I'll opt for the first that came to mind-- Gibbon's Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire. Essentially it is about the formation of modern Europe. How Spain became Spain, France France, England England. It also largely concerns itself with the movements of Barbarian hordes and the rise of Islam. The prose is simply wonderful.
So far as poetry is concerned my favorite is Wordsworth's 1805 Prelude. Addressed to Coleridge it is a travelogue biography of the poet's early life up until the outbreak of the French Revolution. Curious, he crosses the Alps with some friends and goes to France to check out the scene himself. Great stuff.

idk nigga probably The Lord of the Rings

Unironically Infinite Jest

fight me if you disagree

Probably Anna Karenina. Not really a unique pick, but fuck it. Karamazov Brother's comes close. Oblomov is another.

Forbidden colors - Yukio Mishima
I just really enjoy edgy gay literature that's written really well

too bad he didn't write it.

Starting this tomorrow. Fucking excited. I had the whole day free today and didn't get going. Don't know why. Read As I Lay Dying a few days ago. First Faulkner. Loved it. Glad to see someone here loves it.

Anyway, JR.